Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
I know it's on itch.io, but are there any plans on getting the game onto Steam? I bet it'd make a great Steam Deck title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
My first run was Classic/Normal, and in your first run you don't have red/blue heroes unlocked yet. I thought I was screwed against the dragon because I kept forgetting to take off the item that gives some max hp in exchange for immunity from shield, and he was targeted with a million damage on turn one and died. I had a Bash, and then a Paladin where I had a pair of items that resulted in the two right sides being 6 pip Heavy cantrips. My party being so heavy-focused (plus the suicidal barbarian with his pain attacks) was a real drag in the previous fights, but I murdered the dragon real fast despite the barb dying uselessly.

I had one grey hero who might be new to 3.0 because I can't find him by Googling (I think he was named Pilgrim or something like that), and he was the MVP for that run. Two sides of the "stun enemy with equal or less HP," one side to allow another hero to go again, and one side to stop a hero from dying for a turn (there were also two sides that gave a hero self-shield that I barely used). I took him all the way to the end despite being tier 2, and I almost skipped the upgrade to Valkyrie before the dragon fight because he had been so useful.

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
I died to my first attempt at Hexia. Got her down to 5 hp. I might have been able to pull through if I had played better... I had leveled up my last level 2 hero to Weaver right before the fight, figuring it would be a good fight for the invulnerability side, but then I wasn't able to generate enough mana to reliably take advantage of it.

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
For 2., I think it's anything that costs mana.

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
This party was perfect to counter Hexia (other than Eccentric quickly killing himself with the cantrip item).

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
Is there an achievement/unlock for a 0-death run? I'm so loving salty, I thought I had it, but didn't realize one of my heroes had gotten inflictpain from Hexia and they died to a managain cantrip.

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
Runs feel so satisfying when you manage to find the perfect class/item synergy like Barbarian/Thimble.

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
I found out today that Dumbbell does not interact with pips added by defy (and possibly era? I don't remember if that interaction happened in that one fight). What's the cutoff? Would a pip added by the Hand count towards the required 4?

Thanks for the explanation.
\/\/\/

Quixzlizx fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 2, 2024

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007

Yesterday I had my first normal 0-death run, so I decided to try out hard today. I chose 1st turn/2 shield, which wasn't too bad. I actually skipped my last two level ups because I had such incredible synergy between my blinged out Whirl (that was dealing ~6 aoe damage with ~6 managain per turn) and the rest of the team, and I had 0 deaths when I reached the Hand. And then the first two turns, he rolled the "kill top hero" side and Pilgrim whiffed on his undying side, which meant my damage and my managain were gone, and he had just summoned three sabers. I somehow managed to take out the last 6 or so hp of the hand and three sabers with a Pilgrim, Prophet, and Chronos by juggling the "reuse dice" sides with stuns, heals, and the managain I had left. It helped that two of the sabers eventually suicided themselves.

Feels so good when you think "welp, that's game" but somehow manage to pull it out.

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
I'm new to the game, so my evaluations are probably out of whack, but Pilgrim seems like one of the best T2 heroes, to the point that I'm kind of annoyed he's T2 because I never want to upgrade from him. He's great even without support, but even better if you have a red with vitality sides (or a busted hero to use the reuse dice side on).

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007

Skippy McPants posted:

He's good, but very swingy. Like, with Scrapper he's worthless, but Berserker loves him. He's good with most Force parties but doesn't offer much for Magical teams. I think my only real issue with him is that he has zero damage. I don't expect a lot of damage out of greys, but it's still nice if they can chip in a pip or two in a pinch.

Cleric is probably my favorite grey. Love those mana torches and her spell rules.

That's funny, because one of my favorite things about him is his consistency, because the stun sides are almost always useful, and the undying side provides value against the final bosses. I feel like I almost never have dead turns with him.

Edit: I will say I have topped out at Hard so far, so maybe the stun sides are less consistent when you're in Unfair and have extra HP/shield curses, but I'm assuming that would still only be for specific hallway fights with only 2-3 high hp enemies, since I've found I've had to have a pretty bad first turn to not get anyone into stun range.

Quixzlizx fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
I tried out Cursed mode this evening to unlock the achievement, and I ended up making it to fight 95. I was longing for the sweet release of death around fight 61.

I think the two curses that ended up loving me over the most were 3-pip Pain and one less item choice.