Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Haven't played this myself (I don't even like holding phones) but one of my friends won't stop raving about it and the other quietly plays it quite frequently.

Good job!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Aww crumbs. I do have a Steam Deck...

We'll see.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Nuh-uh! I found it like three days ago.

Congrats on the good game that people like enough for their wives to bellyache about it around the New Year's table.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

My pro tip:

Pick Statue, don't evolve Statue.

Maybe don't ever take Tier 3 Grey. Valkyrie's all right.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

How does one normally unlock / enable Heaven mode?

I feel like I've beaten a lot of things at this point but haven't encountered that one.

I'd prefer not to use the Unlock Everything button.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Woof. Got somethin' to do on the airplane tomorrow. Thanks.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Oops. Beat it first try with a caster heavy team.

And Barrel Time :unsmigghh:

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I enjoy the progression of games like this that start off seemingly impossible and end up too easy (after a most satisfying journey!).

In fact, I've enjoyed this one so much that I'm making derivative. But with words instead of dice. The more closely and deliberately I look at Slice and Dice, the more impressive it is.

Good job, Tann.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Smythe posted:

uo deceit with lich lord room as the boss

AaaaAAaaH!

LifeLynx posted:

I like the endless aspect of Blursed. Getting a streak in any roguelike is rewarding, but I really like how Blursed lets you carry over things from run to run.

Yeah I enjoy the escalation of power / difficulty and I know it's not balanced per se but most regular mode runs are either too rough from the get-go, become too easy, or end too abruptly (at level 20).

Blursed does a good job of escalating the tension but not usually feeling like whatever specific run-end occurred was inevitable.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Not that it's the worst thing in the world re-unlocking everything but I assume if my phone got wiped I've gotta re-unlock everything?

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Steam integration means Steam Deck.

I would play me even more Slice & Dice on a Steam Deck.

(At least until I beat Brutal mode again. That one's been giving me a lot of grief lately.)

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Oh good, I'd forgotten about the Hand.

Was worried I'd have to put this game down since I'd unlocked all the modes but that'll give me at least another long plane flight's worth.

Here's hopin' the rumored 3.0 adds a bunch more Stuff.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Which mode do we paste those into?

Paste mode seems to expect JSON.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I tend to pick Monster +Side curses and really really hope they don't roll a summon.

Hell mode doesn't seem fun, though I recognize that it's for the craziest of crazies.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Diephoon posted:

Just unlocked RAID mode.

https://i.imgur.com/q7s1KMv.mp4

Surely I won't get rolled by Hexia THIS time.

Hexias, my friend.

Hexias.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Getting a consistent crash on Android whenever I try to burst this snake:

code:
`{c:[16Z2,18Z5,33Z,1511,1720,2043,21Z0,2285,2375,4],d:{l:{m:[Snake,Snake,Slimer,Snake]},m:[Barrel Time],n:9,p:{e:[Ballet Shoes],h:[Sphere~Flickering Blade~Shuriken,Whirl~Magnet,Cultist,Fiend,Priestess]},sl:1},p:[10],s:305511205,v:3011r}`

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Big Mad Drongo posted:

You (foolish, weak, forever alone): Hmmm I dunno about these gen heroes, they tend to have one great side and a bunch of garbage.

Me (wise, powerful, surrounded by housecats at all times):

Yeah my new goal is to beat Hell mode and it will probably be with cats.

Speaking of, when you're offered curses/blessings/neutral (happens to me sometimes on Normal mode) and your needed point total is 0, is there any way to opt out of picking anything?

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

RME posted:

I remember when I got my steam deck I setup slice & dice on it cause it seemed like it would be cool, only to realize I couldn’t think of a good controller setup for it. Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the end goal.
However phrasing it like “3.0 and no controller support yet?” Is very lol

I play Magic on Steam Deck from time to time and having left joystick as fine-grained mouse, right joystick as faster-motion mouse, triggers as clicks, and a few face buttons as maybe special actions tends to work pretty good for mouse-based games.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Dr. Stab posted:

Can steam bindings do like "simulate a click on this area of the screen" because the game doesn't have a keybind for showing targeting lines, and that would be a useful button to have (on top of having z, r and enter).

Haven't done so myself but looks quite capable: https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamDeck/comments/wyakx0/mapping_a_button_to_click_with_mouse_on_specific/

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

It is my current quest and I will one day get there with cats.

But a lot of the new curses seem like things you cannot pick up front -- I see no way of beating level 1 when all of your sides are made blank/petrified. And then I have to do some non-Hell run for a bit to try again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Zodack posted:

Only blurses remain

From your mouth to Tann's ears :pray: