Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Picked this up on Android today and played it basically nonstop. Finally won on normal after 4 deaths on 20. The reflect boss sucks donks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Aw, is progress not saved via google play? I went to an emulator on my pc today and none of my unlocks carried over.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

CainFortea posted:

Yes, I hate Hexia very much. It seems I hardly ever get the items that help take it down when that's the boss I face. I'll get thimbles and poo poo all day long when I end up facing the dragon.

Yeah I don't like that the boss punishes any method of dealing damage with the only solution being a rare item. It just seems so much harder than the other end boss (is there a third?).

I know I'm new-ish to the game, but I've gotten a win on Unfair at this point, done maybe 35 runs or so, and I'd be ok with seeing it do either the phys OR spell reflect on each turn.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Inceltown posted:

Your mens don't need to be alive at the end of the fight, just the mobs dead. Part of the strategy for defeating Hexia is working out what sort of trade you can make with your death.

Be shiny and chrome.

I understand the theory, and have beaten the boss before a few times, it's just much more difficult than dragon and far fewer party compositions can do it. I don't tend to like when a game has a ton of options but only a small slice are viable for beating the game.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

I just wish I could share my save across devices (all android)

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Really? I find it to be generally weak.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Dang, unfair is really hard. I have no idea how I managed one win on it on my first attempt, I guess I rolled well

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

CainFortea posted:

I've honestly given up on even trying unfair. I only ever won it one time using custom party back in the first version after dozens of attempts.

New version is even harder. No way it's happening.

Yeah for a game that "doesn't want you to just roll and use what you get" 99% of the seeds shouldn't be impossible.

Curses are not well tuned, even knowing the mode is meant to be punishing.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Is there going to be a way to cloud save between android and steam? I want to play on PC but don't want to have to re-grind difficulties.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Found a crash when I equip arrow#bag of holding to my housecat here

quote:

`{d:{l:{m:[Hydra,Hydra]},m:[Better Items^10,i.Handcuffs],n:19,p:{e:[Glass Helm,Compass,Telescope,Scar,Arrow#Bag of Holding,Banned],h:[Housecat~x2.Eye of Horus,Sphere~Handcuffs,Bard~Fertiliser~Face of Horus,Juggler~Shining Emerald~Reagents,Barbarian~Huge Sword~Pentagram]},sl:1},p:["2{}",3],s:3424203,v:3011r}`

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

I have demonstrated a Loop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Jerkface posted:

Is there any streamers/youtubers who play this that are not insanely cringe? I am mostly looking for people who would play classic unfair+ runs and talk through their decision making.

DolphinChemist and Baalorlord both have streamed it and talk about difficult run stuff.