Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

CainFortea posted:

I'm not and I lost that run in the next fight so I have no way of checking.
You can check the item ordering in run history (book->stats->history)
Plus if you have paste mode unlocked then post a paste here, then people can load up into your situation and see :)

Arzaac is probably correct, this trips up a lot of people. I used to make it try to guess the best order to apply effects in but now it just does it in equipment order (top to bottom).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Someone made a crazy puzzle in discord (for paste mode)

{v:202i,d:{n:10,p:{h:[Buckle~Square Wheel~Martyr,Statue~Wolf Ears~Cracked Phylactery~Mirror Mask,Defender~Square Wheel~Martyr,Statue~Wolf Ears~Spell: Betray~Mirror Mask,Roulette~Demon Claw~Spell: Hinder~Determination,Squire~Square Wheel~Martyr,Statue~Wolf Ears~Mirror Mask,Alloy~Square Wheel~Martyr,Statue~Wolf Ears~Cracked Phylactery~Mirror Mask]},m:[Deep Pockets,Essence Capture,Leyline,Hero heavy,Shrink,-3 Max Mana,Mana Debt+,Mana Debt+,Mana Debt+,Preparation,Preparation,Poison Immunity],l:{m:[Wisp,Imp,Imp,Imp,Imp,Imp,Imp,Imp,Imp]},sl:10},c:[1gZ4c,1bZ4c,1eZ4c,1ha1,19d2,20d1,21a4,22d0,23a1,2493,25e0,26f1,27d0,28e1,4,20f2,21a3,22f2,23c0,24h3,25Z5,26c1,27c4,28Z3,4],s:232035143244024141,p:["4[red]DO NOT WIN THIS TURN!!!!!!!!![n][n][n][grey]Submitted by Thunder",10]}

My friend made this tricky one

`{v:202i,d:{n:8,p:{h:[Spellblade,Gladiator,Stalwart~Citrine Ring,Disciple,Sparky]},l:{m:[Troll King]},sl:8},c:[1141,12Z3,20Z4,4,2042,4,1333,2022,4,20Z1,4],s:122522,p:["4Lethal Puzzle - defeat all enemies this turn[n2][n2][grey]Submitted by Sunil",10]}`

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Jedit posted:

Cruel does absolutely nothing against Gnolls, though? The -1 for armour is subtracted before the die is doubled for Cruel.

I think this is wrong, you can kill a 1hp gnoll with 1dmg cruel.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Jedit posted:

I'm sure I've tried and failed. It was one of the things that made me think Gnolls were militantly unfair in the first place. It's probably easier for you to check and fix if required than for me to try and recreate, though.

`{v:202i,d:{p:{h:[Gladiator,Scrapper,Lost,Sinew,Glacia],e:[Copper Ring,Citrine Ring,Scalpel,Charon's Obol,Dragonhide Gloves,Glyph of Purity,Stasis]},l:{m:[Gnoll,Gnoll,Gnoll,Gnoll,Gnoll,Gnoll]}},c:[1aZ4,307,1750,20a5,2160,22a1,2374,2493,2585,4],s:50143520004,p:[1987]}`

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Canuckistan posted:

It's the dumbest thing, but I could not figure out how to fulfill the "press undo three times in a row" tutorial tip. I pressed it three times in a row, and then three actions and three undos, and every other combo I could think of. I finally just turned off tutorials since I don't need them anyways.

Yeah I think I need to re-word it or something. It's intended to show there's no undo limit so you can, for example, undo your entire complex turn and try another approach. Use 3 dice, then undo all 3 should do it. But it's basically at the end of the tutorial anyway.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

That's cool! I never actually played with that blessing, glad it makes it interesting.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Nice, thanks for the paste. Emeralds apply other hero items from top to bottom, so orange's handle comes before the broadsword.

Works like this

`{d:{l:{m:[Sniper,Basilisk,Basilisk,Sniper]},m:[Jewelled Chalice,Greased Dice,Revive 3 hp,Frail middle,Horde,Armour,i-Gauntlet,Nostalgia,Revive 2 hp,Bottom Poison,"Add [purple]Slimelet[cu] (11-20)"],n:38,p:{h:[Assassin~Gauntlet~Broadsword,Collector~Leaden Handle,Twin~Emerald Mirror,Tw1n~D,r3-922~Bonesaw~Enchanted Harp,Chronos~Spell: Light~Shining Bow]}},p:["2{}",3],s:20220132502,v:201-1i}`

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

RodShaft posted:

Does buying it through itchio come with the full version APK as well?

Sorry about the steam google family thing, yeah itch has the full version apk.

edit: I thought monster charged might be trickier since sometimes you can't spend all the mana. Though I might remove it; it's weird how it shows the incoming assuming that you will discard to max mana so the enemy abilities don't match up with the incoming damage pips.

Tann fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Oct 12, 2022

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Osmosisch posted:

The 'Unfair' difficulty in the new Into the Breach addon is named after the Slice & Dice difficulty (and he loves the game!)

Cool, thanks for the link! I remember opening up the itb update, seeing the new difficulty and thinking it was a funny coincidence.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Wrote a quick thing to generate alterations to art, maybe this can be useful...

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

BitBasher posted:

Any basic tips?

hito posted:

good tips!
I agree with all of this ^

The only things I can think of to add are:

- Try resetting the tutorial to remind yourself and check if there's some important thing you missed or forgot.
- It sounds like easy is the perfect difficulty for you! If you get a lot better at the game and can almost win on hard, it doesn't become a much different/better game.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Big Mad Drongo posted:

I think I may have run into a weird math bug.

Your curse "mortal" is causing this, I think maybe this curse-set generates too many bug reports and I should remove it...

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

RodShaft posted:

I don't have a paste or a screenshot, but I had a character that had all ones, I put on the item that gives everything plus one on the first turn, and The item that gives plus one to any side that is even. My thought would be it would get plus two the first turn, giving all sides plus three. But that didn't happen. I had the items in the correct order and I even tried swapping them just in case. But no go.
This is on my list of things to tinker with... I think it's confusing however I do it. Maybe I can make it use weaken/boost somehow.

Zodack posted:

Finally got an Unfair win
Nice! Broken Spirit warlock vs hexia must have died so fast.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

First game of 2.0, saved the game at dragon on hard. Re-open the game, then stare at the first level confused a bit before I realize that I loaded a new game on accident :thumbsup:. I don't suppose there is an easy way to get my old game back? Not that 30 minutes of lost game time is really that valuable.
Sometimes people go to a different mode by mistake? Saves are stored per-mode. Though if you clicked past the "Warning, this will overwrite your in-progress game" there is no way.

ilmucche posted:

Emerald shard and someone equipped with blessed water and terrarium interact really weird. The blessed water always seems to take priority for copying
Emerald shard copied other heroes top to bottom (from orange to blue). I don't know what the problem is exactly though, share a paste string next time :)

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Arzaac posted:

That's why you also gotta have someone with a cantrip revive.
Sorry, revive + cantrip doesn't work because I didn't want to fix the physics bugs!

Jedit posted:

I tried that and couldn't, it needed to sign in.
Not sure what you needed to sign in to, I tried to avoid any of that.

Tann fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Oct 15, 2022

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

redleader posted:

hexia really shuts down my blow-off-steam team of all blue on easy/medium. is there anything you can do vs hexia with this combo?

Getting dodge on your bottom hero works well

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

A lot of people love blursed, I haven't actually played it myself haha! Maybe I'll give it a try and add a leaderboard for it.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

RodShaft posted:

I submitted a bug report last night.
Thanks for the detailed report, I'll see if I can replicate it.

RoboCicero posted:

Overwhelmingly excited to pair this with urn.
Urn was the inspiration actually! Though the synergy is very complicated and I can't guess what will happen before I equip them haha.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Haha, unbeatable curse combination? Or is this the old version? Looks like you are screwed. There's a flee option (it's the same as losing normally)

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Here's the item/blessing to clear up confusion.

And another blessing to add more confusion.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

dodge, undying, flee, killshot

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

I need to figure out the weird mana-gain stuff. Maybe everything should be keywords.

1 `Damage` `Group` `Rampage`

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Added modifier/item generation with a crappy algorithm. It can't tell if it creates nonsense or how powerful anything is though.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Fun to tinker with UI rendering

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

CainFortea posted:

What does this one do?
t3 hero prime sides get set to -1

I didn't keep support for some old stupid conditions I made haha

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

More weird generated stuff, automatic level variations of existing classes.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

drat, makes me want to add a leaderboard. I think probably people play blursed a lot more than cursed or cursed-hyper.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

If you just want to see some high-level generated heroes, the easiest way is probably messing with paste mode, but maybe that doesn't count!

Pain of Mind posted:

Also, I am not sure if you track stuff, but I bet the graph of people losing would look like a sine wave
You can maybe see this in the cursed mode leaderboards?

silvergoose posted:

the existence of two reeds, eye of horus, twisted flax is just so hard to overlook
Lion coming one day I hope!

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Still working on stupid stuff :)

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Adding more stupid stuff today

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

statue-p=aaa:2a2:20-n=moss

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

code:
thief-d=glasses:3:10

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Angry Diplomat posted:

Please tell me this is an item and anyone you put it on gets the glasses

Nope, some weird ""modding"" stuff I'm working on. I am too lazy to define eye positions per hero, that's the player's job!

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Razakai posted:

Yknoe what I would pay money for? Inbuilt mod tools for making your own classes/monsters etc. Just Lego together a class out of numbers and keywords.

This is actually coming next update, but maybe not how you expect/want!
`statue-p=aaa:2a2:20-i=seedling-i=terrarium-n=moss`

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Pigbuster posted:

Holy moly trying to get the 2-streak brutal normal achievement is really driving me nuts. Literally every single run I've gotten to the end goes against the dragon which I can never outdamage with the utility-heavy teams I need to get there

Nobody has gotten this, check the brutal leaderboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Pigbuster posted:

whoops, I meant Unfair.

Ah that makes more sense! It's very very hard and the unlock is a joke. Maybe I should remove the unfair streak achievement so people don't feel like they need to beat it...