Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

This is legit I think the only Android game I've paid for. I'm still working on achievements for the last handful of unlocks, myself.

Is there any way to tell which custom parties you've won with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

One of my best runs had a ranger with the "kill if under x hp" skill buffed to be up to something like 7 or 8 and given rampage, helped me effortlessly wipe the last three or four levels.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

My main advice is that when people say to value cleanse, they mean it. You can do without it on easy and normal if you stack enough damage to alpha strike everything, but it's necessary in hard and downright mandatory on higher levels.

I keep trying unfair and I'm slowly realizing it's better to have one or two main damage heroes and the rest support than to try to go in on damage for everyone, one or two support isn't enough.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Yeah that fight ended a promising all-blue Unfair run for me last night. Just got caught in a situation where I couldn't kill things and protect my team enough.

I think my least favorite enemies in the game are:

- Goblins. They're well-designed to be challenging but god I hate having to navigate that challenge.
- Caws. Hard to blitz down without ranged damage, and good lord do they hit like trucks.
- Spikers. Especially on unfair, they feel like boss fights in their own right.

None of them really feel unfairly designed, just personally annoying. Spikers maybe show up a little early sometimes, I guess.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I have no idea what the purpose of the void item could be.

Also turns out it's a little hard to do the "beat the final boss with no items" cheevo if you get a "must be equipped" item. At least it happened on like the third room or something.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I normally don't mind Heavy too much but lemme tell you, the curse where everything is Heavy on Unfair? It's not very fair!

The damage part is fine, the killer is making your heals/shields Heavy, which just about makes them entirely useless.

I also tried the "can't reroll anything" curse, but too many starting X sides killed me on that. The "everything turns into bones when it dies" curse was the most fun but threw me off a lot with "okay if I kill this, the goblin will run and - poo poo BONES" and I ended up dying on the slime queen.

Right now my biggest gripe is that the 5 preview achievements are an unfair win and four things that I can't really control, like "pick X item" or "get 5 poison on a character" but that's more of a gripe with my ability to pick what to do next than any flaw with the game itself.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Raid mode is pretty fun right up until you hit the final boss and double dragons both fireball and wipe your entire field with no recourse, lmao. Game owns.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Monster left +5 seems pretty manageable until a Grave lands it twice in a row and suddenly you have like 15 monsters to deal with.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Finally got an unfair win. Custom party with 4x blue and 1 red. Rolled a blessing on the initial curse selection so I started with an artificer, meanwhile I took the boss bones, skulk, event right bonus, and revive at 1hp curses.

Artificer granting the 2 damage to everything spell locked in all run was definitely MVP. Also got charged and triple shuriken for them, so mans generation was crazy at the end. Got the "kill final boss on first turn" cheevo because of it too.

Wizard seems pretty bad to me. People keep mentioning doing broken things with era and stuff but I never get items to support him when I pick him.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I'm just throwing my face into the classic unfair streak achievement. I die a lot stopping level 12 or so.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

It's amazing how much a single fight can trash your whole plan in this game. I had a real good Classic Unfair run going, hit level 17 and a Jinx that makes all my damage sides Heavy just ruins everything.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Screw you guys, I'm going out on my own terms.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

For people who do Brutal with all blues, do you keep the basic Mage around for Flare through the whole thing? I keep getting a decent ways in but end up with mediocre damage spells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I had a Generate Unfair run that was going pretty decently where the curses were Charged Monsters, and also the curse making your mana gain sides -1. Unfortunately all my new class rolls were garbo so I didn't make it past troll king. Definitely don't mind when curses help mitigate each other, though.