Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Picked this up after watching Northernlion play it and man it really is a gem. Thank you for understanding what Dicey Dungeons did not that if you have a game about dice you better see those suckers rolling around.

Hit upon baby's first infinite a little while ago:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
One QOL thing I'd like to see: right clicking on an enemy's ability icon should also display that ability's info instead of only bringing up the dice diagram popup; right now you need to bring up the diagram and then right click the ability. It's something I find myself naturally doing, and I'm pretty sure I've seen Youtubers also try to do it.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
If you kill all your heroes during your turn, does the game end before you can undo it?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Holy moly trying to get the 2-streak brutal normal achievement is really driving me nuts. Literally every single run I've gotten to the end goes against the dragon which I can never outdamage with the utility-heavy teams I need to get there

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Oh, hello.

Tann posted:

Nobody has gotten this, check the brutal leaderboard.

whoops, I meant Unfair.

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jan 4, 2023

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

One of the funnest, yet balanced, games I've ever had, this squad was a drat wrecking ball. Dragon could never get an attack off from the 5 weaken. The biggest threat was from a ghost-filled fight but the hex helped get me through it.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

code:
`{v:200r,d:{n:78,p:{h:[Ninja~Poison Dip~Copper Ring,Eccentric~Lightning Rod~Regen Potion,Valkyrie~Olympian Trident~Polished Emerald,Fate~Spell: Hex~Nunchaku,Ghast~Compass~Spanner],e:[Rejuvenation Wand,Reagents]},m:[Cruel Burst,Fizzing,Bottom Poison,Start Damaged,Fear,Skulk,Boss Smash,Revive 3 hp,Worse Items,A,Start Damaged+,Crackling,Fourth single-use,Nostalgia,Slow Spells,Heavy Dice,Save Spell,Monster HP,Selfless Heroes,Sandstorm,XYZ],l:{m:[Troll,Caw,Wisp,Troll]}},c:[1513,341,1673,1421,1803,17Z1,326,328,2062,2141,2273,2363,4,17Z3,1650,1500,1830,1402,1402,302,316,2052,2274,2375,4,2064,2262,23Z1,4],s:412102331,p:[10]}`
A truly perplexing puzzle I ran into deep in a blursed run. Everyone's taking one damage from sandstorm, so Fate's smokescreen alone won't save her. So many measures are barely insufficient - I can only get the troll to either 2 or 0 HP so I can't Harvest, and the Caw can't be Harvested in the back row, so I can't get to 4 mana for the Strand combo (and even if I could, I have Slow Spells so I only get 3 uses anyway). I can save like two heroes but they're probably screwed from then on. If there IS a solution to this it would be a really good puzzle, but... I'm not sure there is.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I usually take Pristine Enemies if it's offered. Lot of points and it can be nullified by aoe/cleave, which is relatively common.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Tunicate posted:

If you could lock curses/boons and reroll the other ones (or accept having insufficient blessings) it'd be different.

As is, having a fun-sounding setup that you can't take because the game wants you to pick up 1 more point of blessings to balance the scale is very annoying.

This is my biggest issue with the system too. I wish there was an always available, stackable curse/buff for +1/-1 you could use to balance out the setup you want to play with.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Angry Diplomat posted:

I don't think blessings affect chests at all, but they can give you level 1 or even level 2 items, though the latter seems pretty rare. I think their loot table or whatever just sucks.

Honestly, I think chests should give guaranteed potion items, with other level 1 or 2 items being the rare exception. I'm sure that would change the judgment call quite a bit; rather than "do I want to rush this thing down in one turn just for a random junk item that might theoretically be vaguely useful," it would be nice to find oneself thinking, "is it worth eating attacks from other enemies to kill this thing, in exchange for a strong single-use item that might be really handy if I come up against a difficult boss?"

Ooh I like that suggestion a lot, I generally avoid potions as is so an alternate way to get them would be nice.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Have you thought of making an image parser for making this stuff more concisely shareable? Like a QR code or how spore could export a png that contains the creature data.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I just had a realization...

This game could’ve been called “Dice and Slice” - it’s the actual order things happen in.

Anyway, 3.0 is tremendous; tactics, green heroes, and party format selection are very great additions.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Subjunctive posted:

ah, it’s based on the target, got it

No, target has nothing to do with it, it's just a simple "did the previous dice used have more pips than this one has by default?", you can target something else if you want. It's specifically what pips are on that dice when used, though - focus won't count since that's only applied when you actually hit the monster. I think that's the case for all mechanics which refer to pips, even.

The Happy Hyperbole posted:

Is there any way to make the dice smaller? You can shrink the UI but the dice stay the same size and it irks me just a little bit. Otherwise, 10/10 update.

I'd also love to have this - I'm avoiding using portrait mode on PC because it makes the dice absolutely enormous which just feels viscerally off

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Got my classic unfair victory with this beautiful team:

The item luck was just unreal. Right up to the final boss the Prince was as outshone as the luggage, but then it gave me a silk cape to make him a beast as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Meddler's boney sides really should be single-use, it's kinda ridiculous how much they can gently caress things up