Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Downloaded and now I fear for my employment status.

Suggestions:
Engage shields hardly ever work on higher difficulties. May need to be adjusted

Necromancy: copy dying character's roll as your own. Maybe on Warlock or Keeper? Could be interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I was spoiled on my very first run with a Sorcerer with Eye of Horus.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Concurred posted:

Ok but also how the hell do you deal with Troll with all Greys

Try to get Seedling early

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Still banging my head against Unfair with left side blank. Can get to 18 but one set of X means the run is over

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Dr. Stab posted:

I'd probably order them:
Start Damaged > Fewer Rolls >> Expensive Spells > Start Poisoned > Tough Monsters >> Left Blank

Fewer rolls does require you to play tighter, but given optimal play, I don't think it's a huge detriment to your win rate. I'm willing to swap expensive spells and start poisoned, but that poison damage is a lot. Tough monsters takes enemies that you could kill in one turn and makes them take 2 turns. I'd never be able to, like, snipe a witch first turn, for example. And of course, left blank is horrible and impossible to overcome.

I made it to 18 with left blank once!

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Full Moon is my new favorite item

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Did a Heaven Fluctuate run and that was certainly a thing

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I've had 2 runs where Braid did not work for any character except the one who first had it. Galaxy S20+

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Fil5000 posted:

Yeah same, I had the dispel amulet and it almost trivialised stuff that would have ended another run. I had four cats and one orange and the orange was some ridiculous level and was doing like 40 damage poison cleave hits while one of my cats was just stripping monster abilities with cleave as well.

I rolled orange with 481 kill side + cantrip + cleave

Didn't have determination and wiped to a death sigil

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Trying to equip the generated level 17 emerald satchel in this party crashes the game every time

`{d:{l:{m:[x3.Hexia,x8.Illusion,DeathSigil,x6.Sudul,x8.Illusion,x8.Illusion,x3.Hexia]},m:[L9 Blessing^10,Lucky Start,Exposed edges&Level 16 loot,Perceptive^2,Underworld Deal,Monster Blank,Monster Left Pain],n:28,p:{e:[Obol,Blindfold,Katar,Longsword,Diving Suit,Collar,Bismuth,Shining Emerald,rightmost.k.hoard,Kilt,Emerald Satchel#Friendship Bracelet,Whiskers],h:[Housecat~Dragonhide Gloves~Shining Emerald#Trowel,Housecat~Sushi~Egg Basket,o13.32~Trowel#Whirlwind~Pentagram,Housecat~Dolphin~Second Chance,Housecat~Handcuffs]},sl:21},p:["2{}",3],s:24550113435,v:3018r}`

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

5-Headed Snake God posted:

Sorcerer with Twisted Bar and Nunchucks, Weaver with Pocket Mirror and Catnip. I never knew there was a mana limit, but at least I got an achievement.

(I also had like 50 rerolls at one point, and I kinda wish I'd kept going to see if those were capped too.)

There is a reroll limit at 999 and it is also an achievement