Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

distortion park posted:

Statue looks bad but it does feel good when it takes like 10 targeted damage in a turn and you can just go all out offense.

e: now that I've played Hard some more I'm loving it. The curses are such a great difficulty modifier, and make every run unique. Feels like they have a really wide range though, Sniper on turn 3 is nothing compared to + 1 mana on every spell or the Heroes decay one.

I got my first Hard win after 20+ runs with that +1 spell modifier! The trick is to luck into the Cultist/Fiend/Warlock and Thimble combo so you have mana coming out your ears :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
Pick twins and get wax seal ez

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
Basalt is a real piece of work if the stars don't align for its passive gimmick.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
I don't think cleanse is absolutely vital for dealing with the back half of the game, but it's something you keenly feel the absence of in the worst case (get some unlucky rolls on bosses with poison cleave/heavy poison).

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

SmockJoc posted:

Trying out the demo but there's no music. Does the full game have music?

It does not.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

norp posted:

It lets you know that auto flee has no gameplay impact (aside from stopping you from accidentally killing one of your dudes in the final round)

The only thing I could see it being a negative is if your run has a lot of pain/death sides and a resurrect hero you might miss out on a final round of undeath you need

I thought resurrected heroes still got set to half health regardless after the fight so there's no point in trying to heal them back up when the fight's almost over. Could be misremembering though

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
I just did that one on easy and let the blessing be my item

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
What are some good strategies for pure-color runs? I did Hard with pure blue and multiple weavers doubling each other's mana, but Unfair with the same strategy has been kicking my butt.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

CubicalSucrose posted:

I did 4 cats and spade as someone else suggested. Eventually I got a 20-something health, one good side, "Blank sides do 8 damage engage" power and I just skipped all the future level-ups.

This ended up working for me as well, thanks! Got a second generated hero in place of a cat as a mid run offer and ended with two t6 heroes, who dispatched the Hand quite easily (one had a 24 damage cleave side). It also helped that the tier 10 curse on fight 19 I signed up for ended up being +2 enemy max hp, which was not even remotely an issue at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

RoboCicero posted:

I finally cleared a run on Cursed-Ultra and got that sweet +10 blessing, one of which was "add duplicate to the center four sides". Guess which side Clumsy chose to roll two turns in?

e: Saw this cool Dungeon Meshi fan-take here

This is sick and I hope they keep making cool textmods for this game