Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

CainFortea posted:

Getting growth on a cantrip side and having a bunch of reroll die faces is hillarious.

It sure is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

explosivo posted:

Goddamn a whole party of blues is fun as hell

Just wait till you try a team of all grays...

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

The Huge Manatee posted:

Hard is one curse, unfair is three.

The unlockable Cursed mode is where you start adding curses as the game progresses.

Cursed mode is specifically 1 curse at the start and a new curse after each boss fight. After you beat the final boss you start again at the start with 1 level heroes and no items but keep all the curses. You gain a blessing at the start of each loop.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

what's the unlock condition for Jester?

Just undo your actions a bunch of times.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah I die more to slime queen than any other boss.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Canuckistan posted:

I can't recall the details, but I had growth and growth +2 items on three spaces on a blue die that had cantrips for mana, mana, reroll. This ended up as a perpetual reroll/mana generator but after a few iterations the die got PAIN on at least one side and it killed my guy when I got +8 rolls. These numbers aren't exact, but close enough.

So, is there a mechanism which stops perpetual roles, or was there one side with PAIN all the time and I didn't notice until it killed me?

Did you dragon egg and sorceress. I think what happened is you had a spawn give your character the pain debuff. I have used it to 1 turn ko the final boss and didn't have that issue.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Wow, cantrips got pretty nerfed this update. I guess they were insanely strong, but they were my crutch.

Some starter classes are just so much worse than others. Getting scoundrel, meddler, and/or hoarder is just painful. I basically hope I can change them asap or just beat a few level to reset the group. I'm trying to do a loot run and I just want some character that can actually attack or not kill me.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

WarpedLichen posted:

So green heroes are garbage on purpose right? They seem so so bad so far.

Yeah, they are new to 3.0. They are extremely niche. If you get the right situation, then you are made. Most of the times, they are there to make use of item that replace sides while having unique abilities.

Here are some uses I have found. Pockets start the game with three items, and there is a tier 5 times that makes your left a single use and adds +1 for each item in your inventory.

Primrose works great with any item that adds cantrips because they have multiple grow every side of the dice sides.

House cat is cute and allows you to rush your other heroes to tier 3 while not being too terrible at tier 1.

The statue just has a ton of hp but requires items to do anything.

Mimic, let's you build some crazy combos but you really need to focus on it to get wild.

The presence is absolutely busted if you have the cursed item that has a self damage 1 cantrip. With a regen, you can literally be invincible

Vessel gives you a permanent blessing for infinite runs.

Twin just doubles the power of items, which can be amazing.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Green heroes are so silly and so fun. I can't help grabbing them. I had an absolutely absurd double green team on classic hard. I had gotten twin. Rerolled the twin into a robot, which allows you to keep the other twin. The other one became luggage, which gave me insane items.

I ended up with a robot having rainbow in the middle and endure on all sides. Giving a 4 shield all cantrip in the middle. The luggage had a copy all 6-8 tier items and sword 4 on the top,middle, and bottom. Which meant the middle pip endure, rainbow, cleave for 7 damage.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

the holy poopacy posted:

Hand > Dragon > Hexia IMO

Inevitable still seems like the easiest end boss to me but everyone says it's actually a bastard so maybe me just am play Bizarro world???

Inevitable is all based on your team. If you can do big hits, then yeah, they are breeze. If you are more defensive team, then you lose.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Meddler is quite strong... unless you got enemies split into slimelets curse and/or spiky enemies curse.

I learn that the hard way.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Arzaac posted:

I found a use for another level 0 item!

This cantrip self damage can't activate if I don't have the mana to pay for it. :v:

I do love it when it happens. I had yearn which gives all Xs shield, heal, mana gain 0 along with Myco. For one mana, I could turn that side into gain a shield, health, and mana.

Snake oil (addes engage to healing) also works great with the healing overflow hurts enemies item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

redleader posted:

i love taking the "tiny enemies +2 all sides" curse, because i think it's no big deal until i run into a bunch of gravestones. i have never not been surprised to re-realize this

Usually, it is a fight with 3+ wisp that shocks me.