Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

duel seems a bit quriky in how it applies - does it only work on single target attacks?

Dr. Stab posted:

you have to get it exact for easy but not for hard+, for some reason.

yeah it's kind of annoying, if I want to take fewer blessings I should be able to do that

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Nov 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Weird, didn't work on my dancer's rampage-all

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Culka posted:

That's because an all enemies side doesn't target anything. Duel works when the target is also targeting you.

Other "all enemies" abilities proc "target" effects. For instance, the lich has an all-enemy 1 damage with procs weaken's "target gets -N to all sides this turn" on your full party.

I am guessing it's inconsistent because duel is a really rare keyword and not commonly used.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Culka posted:

Yeah, that's what I meant. That you, the player, do not select a target when using the die.

yeah but it specifies targets (plural), so it shouldn't be referring only to a single monster you click on.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Revenge dice face which doubles against people who have hurt you this turn. Useful for spikey enemies, hexodia, and on passive-aggressive support classes.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Well, RIP my 40 turn run

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

redleader posted:

i think i hate hydra even more than i hate caw

caw eggs with monster side bonus

dragon eggs with monster side bonus

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Valkerie or something with bind works. Or bard for mana->shield

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

If you get the chance to use the anvil in loot mode, and it suggests you'll get a level 50 item, don't take it, you just get a worthless item called 'bug'

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Nope. Not even one of those secret achievements that doesn't unlock anything

Its too bad because i had a great run going and now i traded away my entire build for a windows bluescreen.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I'm usually pretty happy with roulette. They do a lot of damage! If you roll the death side at a bad time, just don't use it.

isn't that side mandatory so you have to use it?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Beat item mode for the first time.

The combo of the cape which copies your left side, and the gloves which copy your middle side, and the seal which gives a bonus for dupes meant that my red hero had six identicial +6 heal+shield+mana sides

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Angry Diplomat posted:

:lol: just killed Hexia by rolling my first-turn dice over and over forever. Level 61 and counting on Blursed, this is the longest run I've ever had

gratz. Too bad htere isn't a cheevo for it yet

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

lol got this list of blessings/curses

6 points:

-15) Edge death (kill 2 heroes)
7) bone math
6) hero cleanse
6) monster blank
4) greased dice
4) potential
4) youth

made the 'must take a total of 6 blessing points' thing extra annoying, since it means that the only possible options are

hero cleanse / monster blank
or
edge death+bone math+ two of the 4 pointers

less flexible than the 'pick 1 blessing' option

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Darn, permanently killing a party member doesn't give you the mana from essence capture.

It should, if nothing else, give you the mana for level 1.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

well, managed 32-turns on easy classic. Essence thief / essence capture / boss smash for blessings, sandstorm+++ for curses (damage at the end of the second turn doesn't matter if you win first)

biggest luck was avoiding slates, basalt, and the slime queen - there just isn't enough DPS to be able to beat them

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Weird, twins aren't identical.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I guess the item order is different

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I had a generated t1 with two 'not die' faces, which is also like, what?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

TravelLog posted:

I am officially obsessed with this game. Currently sitting on 122/131 achievements. Updog and Polished Emerald elude me, but I will find them someday! Thank you, Tann! You are an amazing developer.

That said, I do wonder if some heroes aren't a little undertuned. I'm thinking Scoundrel (Orange T1) in particular could use one more quirky face of some kind as I she definitely seems to fall furthest behind her peers.

In T2, maybe I am using them poorly or they should only be taken with specific combos or things like Eye of Horus, etc. but I've found Gambler, Ninja, Sinew and Whirl really underperform (though admitting that if you have something that copies die faces for Gambler or something that buffs sides for Ninja, they can be excellent).

I've never gotten Statue to work, but I love the gimmick and never want to see her go. Guardian is almost a never pick, but other T2 Greys are generally good, with Armorer being my favorite along with Knight.

For T3, I think Eccentric could use one more die face (maybe a shield with descend?), and I don't love Ghast unless I have specific tools to profit from her (my favorite being the curse that adds Illusions to every fight for free uses of Harvest).

Also, how do I unlock this monster?

ninja lives or dies based on the rest of your party. copycat is almost a cantrip tag, and lets you get double uses out of Steel or Charged

eccentric is one of the best if you have the cantrip catnip, throwing out 4 damage descending is real good

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Arzaac posted:

Genuinely I think Eccentric is pretty great, it's usually 4 damage which is pretty on par with other warriors, and all their sides being on the right is a huge boon. So many good items are built around the assumption that your left sides are your good sides, and so end up being way better on Eccentric.

(Ghast absolutely sucks though, doesn't even have a good spell to make up for those crappy faces)

ghast is okayish with the blindfold or antideath items, but those elevate roulette to great so

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Pain of Mind posted:

I think the yellows have the most even utility, where really the only one I would never want to take is Bash.

Blocking enemy actions is really valuable on summoners, at least

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tann posted:

More weird generated stuff, automatic level variations of existing classes.

Any chance of levelling up doing things like adding traits (so dodge could upgrade to cantrip dodge?) Or is that too easy to make broken interactions with?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

fun bug: stacking dodge repeatedly doesn't have any mechanical effect, but does make your character progressively grayer and grayer until they and their sides are totally invisible

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Darn, revival can't be turned into a cantrip.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Angry Diplomat posted:

No yeah you never ever take Twin unless you have an item or two to give them good faces. For instance, Greatsword + Hissing Ring or whatever it is (add Poison to the left two faces) is hilarious on Twin, because suddenly you have two little screaming gremlins each capable of making GBS threads out 5 damage + 5 poison to some poor bastard (and if they die who gives a poo poo, the poison will do the rest). They're also great with anything that gives reroll cantrips.

e: hero that can add barrels to the enemy line

Twin + sacrifical dagger.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

YggiDee posted:

Those might be hard to balance with how the undo works, either it's secretly locked in when you finish rolling or you can undo & reselect until you get the 'good' random option

Undo already doesn't apply to dice rolls.

Maybe it'd be more streamlined if you could reroll the monster's next dice (as if it were a character dice)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

PotatoManJack posted:

I've seen people posting heroes beyond level 3 - is there some trick or secret mode that lets you keep levelling up? Even on Curse/Blurse mode, you reset after the boss, so I'm not sure how to get them.

boosted starting hero level blessing will end up with extra levelups at the end

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Dr. Stab posted:

I really want to combine curses to both kill and level up heroes and get a super high level.

e:
f1: level up
f2: cursed helm
f3: kill a hero + second level 2
f4: kill
f5: kill + L3
f7: kill + L4
f9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19: L5-L10

If you started with a kill outside + level up middle, then you could get to level 11 I think.

There's also the dead heroes stay dead curse as a less complex method.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It would be nice if locked things didn't show up in random curses. Multiple times the first time I've seen an item or monster has been when it came up with a curse.

Would also be nice to have a classic blursed because some unlocked items (potions) really suck

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I just learned that Stake/Terminal has an actual use -- kobolds.

Also mana gain sides

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

challenge after every level is a fun blessing on loot mode but also gaurantees that the anvils will give you a useless level 50 bug item instead of anything good

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mirror mask was pretty important to get me past 100 on blurst. It's a good way to double down on better classes and neutralize a couple cursed items.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Wittgen posted:

edit: lmao I forgot about mana-cost. Charged plus mana-cost makes the side unusable, yeah?

yeah as I've found out, buffing any kind of mana-cost side is worse than pointless

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

YggiDee posted:

Also the "kills you instantly" keyward

if you win the battle it doesn't matter

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

what happens when you have more cursed items than item slots, anyway?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I'm missing the 'pick soul link' achievement, which I think might be broken since I checked my achievement list with soul link equipped and it didn't work.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Wait, flee consumes a turn? Dang i thought it happened at the end, not the beginning

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Arzaac posted:

If you pair this with the item that causes overheal to deal damage, does the rampage trigger?

It seems like rampage counts anything that dies before the effect is resolved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

will have to try that, I got 30 on easy and figured that was how low it could go