Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Just downloaded it. Pretty fun! What does buying the game unlock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I think I found a bug. I stuck Reagents and Demon Eye on a Juggler, but every time any cantrip (not just the tagged one) on that hero went off, the hero took damage.

Now what?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Dr. Stab posted:

Make a paste of this (pause menu->copy) and post it here.

That was 3 games ago, though.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Zero_Grade posted:

Lost a ~60 area blursed run thanks to the surprise update, but on the other hand, hurray update!

As mentioned, Eccentric is one of the best item carriers in the game, and that 4-pip descend side is stupid good.

I can't believe Vampire got a slight buff, they were already a high priority pick for me. Might be enough to offset that goddamn caltrop on Juggler. :argh: t1 yellow feels pretty bad across the board now as well.

Just get Reagents on juggler, ez :smugdog:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

If I buy the game, is it a good or terrible idea to reset my progress so I get the full progression experience?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Gave you money :3:

This is a good game.

EDIT: Can someone explain how Faint Halo is supposed to work? Is it just when a hero would die and is healed, or does it work if they're shielded? What about if you give someone selfshield with the Pilgrim? Does the Pilgrim get an extra HP?

Quackles fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Mar 28, 2024

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Teledahn posted:

Is there anywhere I can see what I need to do to unlock more game-modes?

Tap on the locked modes on the start screen.

Anyway, bug report: Wristblade isn’t overwriting my Sparky’s used single-use blank sides.

code:
`{p:[10],s:050041132224,c:[16Z0,1701,330,13Z4,12Z2,1442,301,2040,21Z5,2250,4,17Z1,15Z2,18Z3,1654,333,1324,302,301,2062,2182,2251,23Z1,4,15Z1,13Z2,32Z,1500,1323,1104,20Z5,2154,4,2040,2160,4],d:{sl:1,l:{m:[Gnoll,Sarcophagus,Gnoll]},m:[Small Bonus^2],p:{h:[Whirl,Healer~Bone Charm,Warden,Druid,Sparky~Pillow~Wristblade]},n:8},v:309r}`

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Just got Poet with Angel Feather (making his Charged Shield reusable) in a party with a Prophet and a Sparky with Jewel Loupe (giving them 2 mana/turn instead of one).

This dragon's goin' down.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I have fallen down the rabbit hole that is Cursed. Currently at fight 38 and counting.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Vegetable posted:

Also is there some explanation of what each hero color means? The only one that makes sense to me is green is a catchbag of weird stuff. Like I got a literal cat, sphere and coffin.

Orange = Rogue (specializing in attacking cleverly)
Yellow = Fighter (specializing in attacking straightforwardly with big numbers)
Grey = Defender
Red = Healer
Blue = Caster

Green is, basically, gimmick heroes. Randomly generated heroes are also found here.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Achievements are your progress, generally speaking. They're what unlock things.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Jerkface posted:

How does display case work?

If there is exactly one (1) item in your inventory unequipped to a hero (i.e. in the 'case'), all heroes get its effect.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Azran posted:

What's the hardest final boss in your experience? Don't ask me why but I have a terrible record against the Dragon's poison spam.

The Hand, probably. I would say The Inevitable but I was playing on Unfair with Immune All Monsters First Turn (and a heavily defensive party to match) at the time, so it was a poor matchup.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Feature request: It looks like Nightmare only saves the last 3 parties you won with. Can it save indefinitely?

ALSO:

I am very proud of this Nightmare win. Team started out as Heaven Shortcut. Coasted through the early parts on massive poison damage (I also had Wine), then the Titanbane Amulet showed up in time to save my rear end from the Sigils.

Generated items are (on Captain) Kilt+Obsidian Edge, and (on Valkyrie) Scar+Pentagram. Pentagram on Valk really carried at the end, while I inflicted tons of poison and waited for it to KO enemies.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 16, 2024

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

redleader posted:

i love taking the "tiny enemies +2 all sides" curse, because i think it's no big deal until i run into a bunch of gravestones. i have never not been surprised to re-realize this

So would you say you're....

...boned? :smug: :yohoho:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Skippy McPants posted:

At least he's not Gambler.

At least he's not Meddler.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

the holy poopacy posted:

It's pretty easy to get rolling, cats are one of the strongest L1s out of the box to make up for the "penalty" of not leveling.

Can someone give me advice with that? I keep trying 4 cats + T0 Green to get the Choose-Party Unfair goal, and it keeps flopping.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Dancer posted:

You don't want the 5th hero to be green. I'm not sure what the best color is, but it's not that.

Yeah, but the achievement specifically is for beating Choose-Party on Unfair with 5 heroes of the same color.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Veryslightlymad posted:

Take Coffin when offered.

You'll get two overleveled heroes and you'll still have 5 heroes of the same color.

Ooh, good idea. Thanks!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Made it. Got Coffin and ended up with four cats, a T5 Green with one damage side (deal 25 damage singleuse) and five blanks, plus a tactic: "1 damage pip: deal 5 damage", which I just used to convert cat dice to big hits. The coffin brought a red hero who ended as a T6 hero with Heal 25 Vitality (!), among other things.

Thanks for all of your help. :)

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Here is a bug: Dragon Eggs do not show up in the monster list once unlocked.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

My Dream Hard run was going great until it put me up against a final boss battle featuring five (5) Basalts.

To heck with that!

(I did manage to kill all but one of them, though. It really took a turn for the worse when the summoned Slates made it into the room.)

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I'm unabashedly a fan of Raid just for how Smash Bros-y it feels. Also it's the only mode I've beaten Unfair on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I'm kinda sad no default starting parties start with two oranges.