Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moosferatu
Jan 29, 2020

Quixzlizx posted:

I died to my first attempt at Hexia. Got her down to 5 hp. I might have been able to pull through if I had played better... I had leveled up my last level 2 hero to Weaver right before the fight, figuring it would be a good fight for the invulnerability side, but then I wasn't able to generate enough mana to reliably take advantage of it.

I somehow beat her on my first attempt (easy). Immediately before the fight I was offered two level up choices on my Armorer, one of which was Valkyrie, who I think would have been an awesome pick. But, instead, I skipped the level up because I was really liking my armorer with an item that added cantrips to all one-pip sides and another that added fiz. I wouldn't have made that choice if I'd remembered to check Hexia's abilities first, but somehow it worked out anyway.

I have a couple questions though.

1. What would have happened if I'd picked the random level option? Would any character have been eligible or would it still just have been the armorer?
2. What counts as an "ability"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moosferatu
Jan 29, 2020
Sharpshooter with rampage on the left face is very good.

I really like Pilgrim and Jester. Most of the level threes that are offered don't seem as good.