Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
#witchboss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

That is correct.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

How are the alternate level 1 heroes going to work? Are they only available in a custom party or do they get shuffled into standard as well?

My dream feature would be a Cursed mode with a random party. (But I love all things RNG)

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

So by my calculation, you need to get to level 58 to earn that achievement.

My last good run got to level 56 :(

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

There are some real hard fights in those levels, but that's also when you start getting the crazy fun combos of items and classes.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

The curses in Cursed mode are also generally not as harsh as the curses from Hard mode, by the way, so it's not as impossible as it sounds. It's my favorite mode. The blessings you get from completing a loop are so satisfying.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Are you sure it didn't petrify after it hit, by striking a basilisk?

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

The undo button has ruined me in other turn based games. Now I feel like I should always be able to undo my stupid moves.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

dhamster posted:

My main complaint with this game is it makes most other phone games out there seem like trash in comparison?

I keep browsing the play store for something new, then reconsidering and playing more S&D instead. I have no regrets.

I'm still stuck on getting the 13 curses in Cursed mode. I've gotten one level away three times, but I just can't seem to cross that finish line. Still loving it though.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

I don't know who this person is, but I disagree with almost all of their choices.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

This is the game update I am most anticipating. I'm am super excited.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Miftan posted:

Probably safe to do a YouTube search for slice and dice and sort by newest when that happens

These days, I don't feel like it's ever safe to do a youtube search.

I rely on this thread for my S&D news, so I expect somebody to post here the instant the update is available.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

It sits right next to Card Quest as a permanently installed game for me too. I love the pacing in S&D way more though. Card Quest has too many fights between each upgrade, but S&D gives you a reward for every win and it's so satisfying.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

I just want to "Thank you tann!" This is 100% my favorite game of the year and will be installed on my phone until the end of time.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

It also affects curses. If you have the Left Side Blank curse, Bowl will bring it back.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Any hero that dies during the battle comes back at half health in the next fight, whether they are resurrected or not. No need to waste time keeping monsters alive to bring back your dead.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Not just curse items, but if you have any curses that affect your dice (blank sides, stony grasp, left -1), bowl will turn them back to normal

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Jedit posted:

Ace is one of my favourite blues because there are so many items that make it amazing. Eucalyptus, for example, will trigger the triple side all by itself.

I don't remember what Eucalyptus does. This brings up a common question I have though. Is there a list of items on the internet somewhere? The wiki that google shows is really bare bones, and searching through the almanac is difficult when you only know the name and not the tier.

Also, what tier is Soul Link? I've had that in my list of available achievements forever, but I never see it available.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Angry Diplomat posted:

Also I would like Blursed Generate to be a thing, I want a randomly blessed and randomly cursed party of random assholes with which to die randomly

Agreed. We demand more RNG!

You should also make the next update a paid DLC because you deserve more money for this masterpiece.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Tann posted:

code:
thief-d=glasses:3:10

Oh man, if this becomes a hat collecting game, I am 100% on board.

Anyway, does the Bent Fork (x1 the pips of all sides) have any effect? Most of the other tier 0 items I can think of an obscure use for, but I can't figure out how this might change things.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Slaan posted:

Tarantus really isn't that bad either. It's Basalt that is disproportionately strong

I wonder if that's specific to the mode you're playing. Is it ending your long Blursed runs or soething? I've mostly played non-looping games, like standard and I just checked my almanac. It says I've beat Basalt 17/18 times. Tarantus has been much more deadly to me.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Steam would be great for him and I hope he makes buckets of money.

For me though, I think the games best strength is how great it is on mobile. On steam, it's competing for my attention against allll the other steam games I wish I had more time to play. On my phone it's hands down the best mobile game of all time.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

I'm trying to decide if I should start a fresh save so I can earn all the achievements again in the new version. I currently have all but two, and they are really hard, so I just haven't played in a while.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Dog Kisser posted:

Gonna advertise the hell out of this, legit the best phone game I've ever played

100%

I have at least one iPhone having friend who is going to be psyched

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Can anybody figure out why my vampire with Underdog isn't doing double damage to a zombie with full health? I'm already well past this, but couldn't figure out if this was a bug or just some logic I was missing.

code:
`{c:[1512c,15Z4c,1573c,15Z4c,1302,2064,2153,2260,4],d:{l:{m:[Zombie,Zombie,Zombie]},m:[Monster Blank,Choozy],n:11,p:{e:[Chakram],h:[Gambler~D,Scrapper~Burning Blade,Bard~Bone Charm~Kite Shield,Vampire~Sling,Seer]},sl:1},p:[10],s:43024114,v:3011r}`

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Tann posted:

It's a bug that's on my list. I think self-heal screws with the logic. Thanks for the paste

If it helps, in the next fight, it was working as expected. It only seemed to not work against those zombies.

Still the GOAT phone game, btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

DLC Inc posted:

are these Cats an unlockable class or is that from a Mode I still haven't unlocked

At 50 achievements, you unlock Green heroes, and the housecat is a tier 1 green.