Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

norp posted:

I dunno, I don't find slime *that* hard, dragon is way more of a "you didn't roll perfectly for three turns, so lol gently caress you" boss

The best thing to remember with slime is that the queen can't be killed quickly so you need to manage her, focus on killing other slimes first and always choose to do damage that doesn't spawn a slime if you can help it - if possible you want to (in order) kill smaller slimes doing damage, bigger slimes you can hit without splitting, bigger slimes you can kill, smaller slimes not doing damage, bigger slimes

Also it's a long boss so support rolls are often better than a few points of extra damage in a turn

Also worth noting if you've got anyone with an instant kill attack (mostly the assassin I guess) that those just delete enemies without triggering any of the actions when they lose HP, so if you roll OK you can avoid generating some of the smaller slimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Running a blue heavy party in custom party mode is incredibly relaxing, I must say. Oh, dragon as final boss? Well, here's a couple of the big warlock spell for you to eat, now gently caress off. Hexia reflecting damage is it? Not from spells, dickhead, die horribly.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

norp posted:

Until you hit crystals

Oh yeah you need at least one non blue to avoid crystals being a huge roadblock

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Einwand posted:

Caws and hydras, two of the biggest run enders other than the final boss.

Both effectively dealt with by that otherwise garbage "change everyone's dice to 1 damage ranged" item.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

I made it to level 100 in Blursed and it is a fun mode, but The Hand can go gently caress himself

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

If the swords had a few less HP or did slightly less damage it'd still be tough but less like "welp, you rolled a bad party for this boss, better luck next time"

I know this is explicitly a luck based game but it feels really rough to land at a boss and just know you're hosed.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

END CHEMTRAILS NOW posted:

That reminds me, has anyone gotten cantrip on a quaduse side? I've been wondering if it activates 4 times whenever you roll it, but I haven't been able to find that combo to try it out.

Also, I managed to beat Nightmare with a cat team. Most important item that run was definitely the dispel amulet to completely negate the threat of death sigils, thorns and hexias, while being good against a ton of other enemies too. Possibly my new favorite item.

Yeah same, I had the dispel amulet and it almost trivialised stuff that would have ended another run. I had four cats and one orange and the orange was some ridiculous level and was doing like 40 damage poison cleave hits while one of my cats was just stripping monster abilities with cleave as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Yeah, that actually sounds really helpful for a lot of stuff, I like it as an idea.