Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Do you also get access to the Windows installers when you unlock the full game in-app?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
I've got about 30 games in, no wins but I did get to lvl 19. My observations so far:

- Fun game! It keeps me coming back. Congrats Tann! You must be very proud.
- No OP runs yet. I assume better unlocks come with time after playing.
- Lvl 1 and 2 items seem a little lackluster. I suppose they're meant to boost you for a bit without making you too OP, but I usually end up with a bunch of unused inventory items. It seems like the generic +hp items are the best since they don't really age out and you can always find a home for them. A 'trade 3 items to get one random item of a higher quality' option would be a good thing.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
It was likely mentioned in the other thread, but I love how the three witches are named after Pratchett's witches. Makes me smile every time. GNU pterry

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
Just finished lvl 20 vs Dragon on normal. A good fight but my party was wiped the same turn I killed the dragon. It was nice of the game to give me the win anyways.

There's no way to NOT pick a new character, is there? I had a kick rear end lvl 2 Defender going with all cleave shields and it was EZ mode right up to 20, then in the last battle I was forced to change him up to something different and more or less blew up my game.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
I can't recall the details, but I had growth and growth +2 items on three spaces on a blue die that had cantrips for mana, mana, reroll. This ended up as a perpetual reroll/mana generator but after a few iterations the die got PAIN on at least one side and it killed my guy when I got +8 rolls. These numbers aren't exact, but close enough.

So, is there a mechanism which stops perpetual roles, or was there one side with PAIN all the time and I didn't notice until it killed me?

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
See, I don't mind a few OP builds. It's like when you break the game in Binding of Isaac. It's cheesy as gently caress, but it's sooo fun when it happens. It's up to you if you want to break the game and go for the easy win. I'm still bitter that they patched out a bunch of game breaking items in BoI: Redemption. Yet another case of a developer sacrificing fun in the name of 'vision'.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

Tann posted:

There's also a button to bypass achievements and unlock everything.

Thank you! I wish all roguelikes had this. Binding of Isaac, I'm looking at you!

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
It's the dumbest thing, but I could not figure out how to fulfill the "press undo three times in a row" tutorial tip. I pressed it three times in a row, and then three actions and three undos, and every other combo I could think of. I finally just turned off tutorials since I don't need them anyways.

Killed the dragon on Normal first try. It was iffy, but got the perfect combo off on what would have been the final round regardless. A perfect way to end the game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

Tann posted:

Yeah I think I need to re-word it or something. It's intended to show there's no undo limit so you can, for example, undo your entire complex turn and try another approach. Use 3 dice, then undo all 3 should do it. But it's basically at the end of the tutorial anyway.

Well, don't I feel stupid. That makes perfect sense, and it's my broke brain that didn't parse it properly.