Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Got alerted to this game by a friend and then had a lol when I found out it was goon-made. Still early on, but getting reasonably consistent on Medium which isn't too impressive but I'm really enjoying it!

Also I windmill slam Juggler every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Suffering through the garbo Tier 1 oranges to get to the fun as hell higher tiers

Angry Diplomat posted:

Juggler is amazing until you start running into Spikers and she kills herself in the first turn of every fight
Yeah hate those guys. I have to turn off my auto bonus damage dealing machine after one roll? gently caress off!

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Bought the full version, and man the game really opens up past 12 between the classes and items you start to get access to.

Raine posted:

(juggler is the best character in the game)
:hmmyes:

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Had a hilarious run a bit ago. It was fairly pedestrian until around midway when I got offered an Ichor Chalice (excess heals do damage to top enemy). I already had a Blood Chalice (excess heals = self shield) from early on that I wasn't really using as well as a Eucalyptus on my blue (replace right side with double-use cleanse 3). Then I realized what I was looking at, loaded up my Witch, and spent the rest of the run gleefully melting enemies by pouring heals onto her. I picked up a couple more decent items by the end but honestly didn't even need them it. This wasn't even a possible way I considered you could play the game, but yes, you can win with offensive self-healing. Just waltzing through the dungeon with a double fisting witch mowing everything down.

Zero_Grade fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Sep 21, 2023

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Lost a ~60 area blursed run thanks to the surprise update, but on the other hand, hurray update!

As mentioned, Eccentric is one of the best item carriers in the game, and that 4-pip descend side is stupid good.

I can't believe Vampire got a slight buff, they were already a high priority pick for me. Might be enough to offset that goddamn caltrop on Juggler. :argh: t1 yellow feels pretty bad across the board now as well.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

I had a neat setup with a Spellblade equipped with Sparks (adds cantrip to every side with one pip), which was fun because all Spellblade sides are 1 pip. Then I got offered an upgrade to Venom.

Yeah, I'll take cantrip on arguably the best die face in the game. Sailed through the remainder of the run and dumpstered Hexia in like two turns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

norp posted:

Big self death sides are amazing - I just finished a generate run where I had an amazing green that had a massive death side, a blue reuse side & a grey that stopped death. With my cantrip reroll sides I could consistently get a couple of hits in every turn with it. Nearly first-turned dragon with it.
I'll frequently grab an Eyepatch or Blindfold when offered, unless there's a good immediately useful item against it, purely on the speculative chance that it will be useful in the later stages. Blanking bad keywords on otherwise good sides is super satisfying (Blindfold on a Barbarian particularly feels like cheating). Sometimes you need a shuffle item to help out, but most of those are fairly cheap investments.

On a related note, a search field for items/monsters/classes would be welcome.