Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Chas McGill posted:

How do I unlock heaven difficulty?

Win on brutal
"Easiest" way to do this is custom 5-blue but it's still going to take a good curse roll and some luck on top of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Kuros posted:

Got a Nightmare win down.

Started with a Heaven Generate run, rolled Double XP and 2 extra rerolls.

Final boss was x5 The Hand with 350 HP. Thankfully I had a Titan Blade + Obsidian Edge which gave me more than enough damage to wipe out the Hand on Turn 1 when he wanted to create 15 Sabers. The Slime Queen eggs were a breeze. Snipers are a killer, I won a fight by the last roll with a double shot that was able to kill the last two that was targeting my only hero left. Titanbane Amulet also came in handy against the double x3 Hexia.

Thought I'd do this after I got my unfair generate win finally (3 achievements to go, all item related)
The unfair generate was an easy win when I rolled into an all-sides-gain-flesh keyword item

The nightmare attempt only took 2 heaven runs to complete, the absorb boss essence was critical to keep up with the nightmare scaling, and the basically unlimited choices (13) helped deal with the generate hero RNG to make sure all my heroes were always useful, and I could snag 2 more blessings along the way

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Scored my third nightmare win thanks to item level increase blessings: utilizing an item that gave me inflict-inflict-death and put it on my grey basically allowing me to 1-shot every enemy and take advantage of cleaves and double-use sides - combined with a other "all sides gain flesh" and a x2 third heart to do like 150 damage in case my grey died to sigils

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Vegetable posted:

I just wanna say that I’ve been playing this for like 50 hours and Easy mode is the most fun way to play this. It’s nice to not have to work so hard for a dang dice game.

Heaven into Nightmare runs are my new favorite outside of Blursed and Blurtra now that I've unlocked everything except for 2 items
Low risk at first with strategic planning that grows harder as things go on