Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

good rear end video game, played it nonstop for a couple weeks & excited to jump back in when there's new stuff!!

only critique is that the current difficulty settings feel a little awkward; hard is relatively trivial once you figure out the pitfalls (on a 9 game winstreak currently, and see 30+ streaks on the leaderboards), while unfair is just brutal. cursed mode is the sweet spot, but typically requires a full run of ramp-up time before it gets tricky, which is a little too much raw time investment for something i wanna do on my phone. not sure if you can extract any useful data from feedback like this, since difficulty is so wildly subjective, but figured i'd toss it out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

toms great, always enjoy his game showcases. this is his third ever run though, so fair warning if you're a veteran player there will be a lot of shouting "tom, no!!" like he's clawing the couch

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

cursed has the highest ceiling on interesting scenarios, but the combo of having to plow through an entire loop before it picks up + the (potentially) gargantuan total run time is a bit heavy for anything i wanna do on my phone.

shortcut (hard) is where it's at. clean 30m run time, item/strategy session right out the gate, and randomized starting classes for a bit of additional difficulty. think this mode specifically made the game an all-timer for me. only games i still have more hours in are solitarica and maybe phantom rose: scarlet

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

the beta wont authorize me on the google store ('nothing to restore'); anything i can try? blitzed a few demo runs tho, what an bounty of new stuff. big thumbs up on the enemy shield removal & all the new quality of life improvements. a3ums new art touches are great as well, the portraits & dice theming do a genuinely impressive job infusing characters with personality without a single word of lore.

goferchan posted:

Has anyone found a broken combo involving a "tier zero" item yet? I just know they're out there... it's so hard to pass up the reward that gives you 4 of them

edit: Am I missing something about why the Urn doesn't let the Shield 3 I get from Ladder keep the double-use keyword?

does it work if you swap their positions? had a couple interactions that needed that

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

lost my 16 shortcut-normal streak by missing 33% odds with 9 consecutive rolls (~3% odds?). bound to happen eventually, but cartoon steam is still shooting out of my ears, and i'm firing my six-shooters into the air at this injustice

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

fiddy :sax:

looking through the stats,
orange: fencer is #1, but a pretty even spread. 100% pickrate trapper in t2, and she gets kept around over t3 surprisingly often!
yellow: wanderer & barbarian tied, rest fall off slowly. used to do a lot of steel carry setups in 1.0, but they feel pretty limp now.
grey: valkyrie(100%), our girl. deathless is just wildly better then anything the other greys offer. poet in distant second, the rest in the dumpster.
red: forsaken on top, but not a blowout, because reds are generally serviceable, and i'll often take one to keep other classes open. a surprising last place is shaman(25%), who was one of the top overall picks in 1.0, but the game sped up too much for cleanse to be very meaningful. fey and herbalist both standout t2, reliable slow is very strong & vine is amazing.
blue: good old sorcerer, even nerfed he cleans house. warlock and chronos on his heels, with a precipitous drop after them. artificer and ace barely hitting double digits; the nerf to single-use dice really torpedoed the first & ace just seems like too much setup / too much randomness / too much thinky.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

Angry Diplomat posted:

e: hero that can add barrels to the enemy line

cooper practically designs itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

ya looks like a bug. that's the jinx effect that makes your top+bot char take double damage if unshielded, so 4 -> 0 -> 2hp would be the expected outcome under the usual player-favoring rules of pain/heal combos.