Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
ringworld
Also portait 9 we want our fox girl robots to be as much foxgirl as our foxgirl organics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

my brain is broken in the specific way that, every time a science discovery has the "Fascinating." response, all i can think of for the next bit is this old Dolan comic

also i'm very pleased that my video game namesake's legacy is a spaceship that was also a middle finger to a bunch of nerds that owned them so hard that they responded by ushering society into a new age of existence

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Congrats on finding Amaurot, I suppose.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Get a Ring to go along with that diamond.
Protectorates feel useless, so I'd rather conquer.
Portrait 9 is mandatory.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Federate
Get that Ring World
Portrait 9

Also, you best name something after me, the best doggo you’ve ever had.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

DoubleNegative posted:

Congrats on finding Amaurot, I suppose.

Wow I didn't even pick up on that one.

Gonna keep the vote open for a few more hours while I render videos

And here are the gameplay notes

https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=159807

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I've stopped touching paradox games for various reasons, but still I have a question. It used to be that when using only anti shield weapons would make the game engine have each of your weapons at only shielded enemies in order to maximally deplete shields and then only coincidentally hit the ships beneath that and so very rarely secure kills in battles with (mostly) peer or better empires. Have they fixed that?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Just at the end of page 1 but save yourself the build time, carve out the ring world and the nearest closest chokepoints, then leave it there.

e: I'm really digging a lot of these mods, by any chance do you have the mod export for the external mod loader that I can import?

tithin fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Oct 24, 2021

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SIGSEGV posted:

I've stopped touching paradox games for various reasons, but still I have a question. It used to be that when using only anti shield weapons would make the game engine have each of your weapons at only shielded enemies in order to maximally deplete shields and then only coincidentally hit the ships beneath that and so very rarely secure kills in battles with (mostly) peer or better empires. Have they fixed that?

I don't think ships prioritize any targets and stick with shooting at whichever hostile enemy they reach first. Damage always goes shields>armor>hull unless you have weapons that can bypass these like disruptors.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Well, they definitely used to, so that's an actual good change.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

tithin posted:

e: I'm really digging a lot of these mods, by any chance do you have the mod export for the external mod loader that I can import?

I didn't realize the launcher allowed you to export your list like this, neat

https://pastebin.com/2NuCtv8s

There is a pastebin of the order

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Grab the ring, preferably with a pair of giant hands

If the servitors are far enough behind in tech to qualify for protectorate then yeah they're probably gonna be irrelevant for the rest of the game unless you help them. If they like you enough to agree immediately (or close enough to trade favors and persuade them) then that's probably the better option since a significant distinction is that protectorates don't participate in your wars (unlike vassals and allies) and also can't be attacked directly, so they won't be getting their territory occupied/conquered while you're busy elsewhere. And their insignificant fleets don't get trashed which contributes little to winning the war and only causes war exhaustion to your entire faction.

Because having incompetent allies/vassals is a liability. You might also need to use console commands to take control of the empire and manually enable migration on their bio trophies (and Default Species Rights template) so that they don't kneecap their own popgrowth?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Honestly the thing about protectorates is that if you're minmaxxing, you need specifically one of them (your own released sector with one planet, encompassed by your space) in order to create your own like minded ally that you can federate.

Having more isn't bad per se, but you're later left with either vassalizing them to the point of allowing them to be a full empire again, or integrating them (which is a huge pain in the rear end with a lot of housekeeping on top of it)

Part of me thinks there should be a mechanic that forces small empires that are close together into a single empire so you don't end up with massive border gore (and yes I'm aware that this is the function behind federations, but that brings its own problems).

My main goal in these games is basically carving out as much space as I can behind extremely tight chokepoints.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

But your own released planet will have all your techs so you’d had to release them very early and wait quite a while for them to qualify as a protectorate?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

hobbesmaster posted:

But your own released planet will have all your techs so you’d had to release them very early and wait quite a while for them to qualify as a protectorate?

I've mistakenly conflated protectorates with vassals, because I am a dumbass.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Gonna close the vote. Its looking like getting the ring, federate the Kelbrid and portrait 9 wins?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
West lanes best lanes

Today's report starts with the progress the Hegemony's agents are having in infiltrating Cormaggas III. In a few years they shall willfully become a part of the Hegemony.

And speaking of becoming a part of the Hegemony, the Kelbrid are sent an offer to join forces. They will continue their self rule, but they are expected to join in the Hegemony's wars and help contribute to the logistics of a federation fleet.

The Kelbrid accepted the Hegemony's gracious offer, though a compromise was made to shorten the name ever so slightly. To help keep the federation cohesive envoys Gibb, Nuvace and Sler'huss have been assigned to the federation HQ. With time the federation will develop more mutual benefits to all members.

Through our mutual intelligence channels the Hegemony has contacted a new empire out on the far west of the galaxy. The Citizen State of Gir-Zana are a heavily militant group who believes that every citizen gets an equal share of what the state provides. As they are so far out west they are considered a non factor.

Now onto our hostile neighbor to the northwest, the Mandate. A lot of influence was used to convince not only the Malorian council to ready for war to take the sectors for the Hegemony, but to convince other empires that these sectors belong to the Hegemony. Claims were made right in the middle of the Mandate and toward the western hyperlanes. The Kelbrid have been notified of the Hegemony's upcoming war and a vote is held.

The vote succeeds and all fleets are ordered to fly into Mandate space.

The Yulth Voidfarers are the first to arrive and quickly overwhelm the pitiful outpost the Mandate has left on our connecting border. Despite their aggression they never bothered to secure this sector. The Gallog Voidfarers soon arrive to further humiliate the Mandate defense.

Both fleets split, while the sectors north are not claimed it is where the cowardly Mandate fleet hides.

The first battle against a Mandate fleet happens and it is pitiful. The majority of the Mandate fleet perform emergency FTL jumps mid combat, some in such a rush they end up destroying their own ships with a botched jump. This sector also contained the first proper Mandate station and it too was a clean sweep for the Gallog voidfarers.

And then... the strangest thing happened.

In the middle of a war the Mandate had the audacity to demand that their pilgrims get access to Hegemony sites that hold some spiritual value to the Mandate species.

The Mandate seems desperate, attempting to appeal to spiritual needs and using agents disguised as civilians to attack at the Hegemony. Their fleets cannot stand up to Hegemony fleets, their espionage agents cannot stand up to Hegemony security. That the Mandate has ever considered themselves to be rivals of the Hegemony is insulting.

But why wouldn't they resort to such underhanded tactics, when the Galwih Voidfarers arrived in Mandate space, destroyed their most powerful fleet and is currently bombing their capital? The Yulth Voidfarers are also in a bombardment campaign over Alderaan III. While the Hegemony intends to take the planet, the Mandate begun a desperate recruitment campaign to prepare the planet for invasion. The bombardments will put an end to that, until the 1st Strike arrives.

Even the Kelbrid contribute, taking side sectors that the Hegemony currently couldn't be bothered with. They can pick off the side sectors while the Hegemony keeps Mandate fleets under lock down.

General Sirthi arrives to Alderaan III and makes planet fall. To have a standing army that can battle a proper space empire reinforcements were recruited while the 1st Brigade were enroute. No longer do Hisii foot soldiers compromise of the military, but divisions of robotic assault armies, xenomorphs and mechanical knights.

She may have enjoyed a proper battle a little too much...

And with that, the Hegemony fully occupied all of the claimed sectors. A peace offer is sent that the Mandate accepts, but not without barbed words of our victory being "A test of faith" by their deities. The western hyperlanes now belong to the Hegemony!

Though there may be some issues, another empire has claimed the sectors to the west. The Hegemony is attempting to make contact with this new empire. They responded to our noises by playing even louder noise right back.

As well as a sector that contains many interesting sights, but only after clearing out the rather sizeable hostile fleet already in the sector. All Hegemony fleets converge toward the location. Dov'ace and the ISS bios were instructed to the western hyperlanes during the war to ensure the Hegemony claims the sectors ASAP.

Communications have been established with the unknown empire, a collective of democratic crusaders. Despite their supposed xenophile stance, they are rather hostile to the Hegemony. Not only did they close borders to the Hegemony, but have also declared the Hegemony to be rivals. The Hegemony reciprocated.

And good news from the southern sectors, due to some knowledge the Kelbrid provided, we got coordinates of a sector west of Qwe space that our scientists managed to do a subspace jump into! At last the Hegemony will be able to survey that collapsed star!

.... And the Mandate has made a very stupid choice.

The fleets finally assembled and entered the sector. They report that a planetary sized computer is within the sector. All fleets are ordered to engage the overhead fleet.

The hostiles fire off a barrage of long range lasers but the Hegemony fleet quickly surround and encircle the fleet. Their shots often miss the small and quick corvettes, but any that do land obliterate its target.

It was one of the most costly battles thus far, with the Yulth Voidfarers nearly being wiped out. Dov'ace and the crew of the bios are ordered into the sector, it must be claimed before the Mandate attempt to move in and steal this sector as well.

A strange sighting was spotted in the Oshimir system, owned by our friends the Spuxulac. It is a gigantic void cloud, far larger than those preciously encountered. Unlike the encountered ones it is not hostile, however all radar and sonar systems in the sector are scrambled.

Finally our survey of the stars has been finished, a boost to our energy credits is welcome. We will need them to buy alloys to fix up the Hegemony's fleets.

Fern'boj has continued surverying the eastern sectors after finishing her work on the abandoned station in the Cormaggas station. Her notes are in the anomalies folder, but in short it appeared an empire had uplifted 4 presapients and made them combat one another for entertainment. Eventually the primitives managed to find their way onto the station and killed their overlords. With no one around to upkeep the technology they had no knowledge of, they reverted back to their primitive ways.

Anyways, in her survey she has found what can only be described as a breeding ground for the amoebas. As the sector is so far away the Hegemony will not worry about it, apparently the Spuxulac managed to pacify the creatures and can safely pass through.

Now let's talk about the spoils of war: An entire ring world! Yes it requires some work, but simply being in our space should motivate our engineers in finding methods to fix this. The Hegemony will also need to ramp up alloy production, if the estimates are to be believed. Once fixed up it will be able to support trillions if not quintillions of life! An entire ecosystem, hand crafted by Hisii ecologists!

And a side bonus to expanding westward, a computer the size of an entire planet that can support life and even has an orbital ecosystem! All branches of the Hegemony space division are absolutely salivating over these new additions to the Hegemony. The research that can be achieved on such a planet, the sheer population available to it! This war has had to be the best thing to happen to the Hegemony!

Also spotted was a ship that could be described as "titanic", a ship that would make a battleship class look like a corvette ship. With the right technologies we may even be able to restore it for Hegemony use.

While nothing may top the discovery of that planet, there are still other events to talk about. There is an open, unclaimed, hyperlane heading northwest that the Hegemony can continue exploring. Along that lane was spotted hostile mining droids, who want to mine space ships. Taking notes of their mining methods however should improve Hegemony space mining.

Now for events that happened during the war, but have been put off to focus on important matters:

The Spuxulac Confederacy wishes to have an association status with the federation. This is a promise between the federation and the Confederacy to not engage in hostilities.

A species of what can only be described as space whales have been identified. They are merely animals who move about space and are completely and utterly docile.

Sadly another prominent Hisa has passed recently, to honor her life a museum will be built in her honor. Naff'Ithi will dedicate minerals and energy to the effort, which will become a great place for learning when finished.

The engineering division has also performed a complete upgrading of every robot in the Hegemony. They have been equipped with a unique gemstone to identify each one which will require more materials to assemble them, but they have efficient processors to help with generally all kinds of work, a regenerative alloy to reduce upkeep costs as well as significantly enhanced cooling which further reduces the upkeep and makes them more efficient at working with alloys.

Also they have been changed to look exactly like a Hisa. Thus they are known as androids rather than robots. They will be the new standard, the Hegemony may make more specialized android templates for specific planets in the future.

Then there is the case of infiltration attempts of Cormaggas III. One of the infiltrators turned traitor and made multiple attempts to sabotage the annexation.

It was all for naught, however. The citizens of Cormaggas III are now happy citizens of the Hegemony. The traitor is still at large however.

The anomalies folder will contain more info both about the attempted sabotage as well as notes on a world wide war that took place on the planet. How could the traitor fight against Hegemony enlightenment when the planet's own people fight against one another?

A new empire was contacted, an empire whose technology vastly outperforms any other empire spotted thus far. They seem more concerned in keeping with themselves and simply watching what the rest of the galaxy does around them. They care not for diplomacy of any kind and send our envoys on their way.

Dov'bah has finished her look into the gate above Naff'Ujba and has managed to activate it.

She heads through the gate and appears above another planet, this one fully covered by a force field. While the force field obscures the planet, what could be made out is that the planet is one gigantic mega city all around. After surveying the sector Dov'bah will look into how the force field works.

Now to close up this report a large number of empires have been contacted

Three of them are rather typical of most empires seen thus far, though Kalaxenan TransStellar are a megacorp. However the other three are rather unique

First is an empire consisting of robots. Genocidal robots, to be exact. No diplomacy is possible, as they simply desire the death of all organics and total control over anything mechanical.

A loose collection of highly aggressive raiders have also been contacted. Traditional diplomacy is not possible with them, they have on interest in such a thing. What they are interested in is raiding and we may be able to bribe them to raid one of the Hegemony's rivals.

An empire consisting entirely of robots that are eerily similar to the Kelbrid Directive have also been spotted in the northern galaxy.

With so many empires getting into contact with one another there has been talking of forming a galactic community. This community will foster cooperation between all empires and pass resolutions to guide how every member should act for the better of the universe. Or at least for those who hold the votes.

The Hegemony offers support, of course.

This is a rough estimation of where all empires currently stand in the known universe. The raiders are located in the middle of Gurite Hive space, it is a wonder how they manage to go out on their raids. The full layouts of the western galaxy is a guess as to where each faction's borders are. Our new rivals the Uva-Xavani control the sectors around the west and south of the galactic core. The location of the genocide robots are in the south, completely out of mind for the Hegemony for now.

Something to mention, in Mandate space is a wormhole. Due to our truce we must maintain open borders for any displaced to return home. That wormhole connects to the Gurite Hive, it would be smart to keep that in mind if we find ourselves at war with the Gurite. There may be more to this map once the community fully forms.

For domestic affairs, the peacefully annexed Cormaggas III is a wondrous planet, it hosts a lava lake that our engineers are able to siphon rare gases from. These lava flows also bring many high quality minerals to the surface. However the locals have been plagued by a very resilient strain of parasites that infect the stomach and eats whatever the host swallows. The new government has been provided with materials to combat these parasites.

The civics division has cleared the planet for geothermal power plants, fungi farms and gardens. The nature provided is a sizeable mountain range and three districts worth of dangerous wildlife.

The Suramo species show that they are both quick learners and have a vested interest in engineering research, perhaps they were trying to figure out how to work the technology of their previous overlords?

Naff'Gaun is a planetary habitat that has been built in the eastern section of Hegemony space. It's primary purpose is to be the distrtict capital for the eastern sectors, its secondary purpose is to continue work on minding the empire's administrative needs, which are still a crippling mess. The planet the habitat has been placed on however has been noted for having an extensive underground cave system, which our habitats currently have access to. While we may never exploit the riches below, it is an interesting option.

Speaking of districts, for the south western sectors a district capital was placed on Naff'Soao. Naff'Soao was technically a part of the Malor district and as such the outpost in the Lessim sector was dismantled so it was technically no longer considered a part of Malor's planetary district. It is governed by Dov'gil, a retired fleet officer. Her knowledge of fleets will keep the shipwrights in that sector in the know of what is needed for Hegemony fleets.

Naff'Aulderaan is the planet liberated from the Mandate. The planet is notable for having docile fauna which keeps the locals content and happy, even after Hegemony takeover. As with any primitives that have been added to the Hegemony, the Ozkox have been outfitted with a full set of cybenetics.

The civic planners have ok'd the planet for geothermal plants, surfance mines, nature farms and crystal mines. The nature provided here is a district's worth of noxious swamps and a massive glacier.

Davassa IV is a habital planet located in the same sector as the planetary supercomputer, colonists are enroute to claim the planet. The planet has been noted for being mostly flat, minus a large mountain range and four massive glaciers. The planet also hosts six districts worth of noxious swamp.

The civic's division has already ok'd the planet to have mountain mines, nature farms, chemical industries, nature reserves and tourism districts.

And finally Naff'Fujj, the planetary super computer. It hosts the sector capital and is governed by Gabb, an intellectual who will ensure all research performed in her sectors will have the full cooperation of the government. Beyond the planet being a gigantic computer and the arcology surrounding the planet, the sharp architecture of the planet reduces the minerals needed for construction. Beyond industrial and housing districts, no traditional district will be built here, it would simply be a waste. The planet will be able to easily house billions of researchers, with all the increased functionality of having a computer the size of a world doing all the calculations!

That is, if the AI of the planet wasn't extremely hostile. The AI has not only infected our researcher's computers with various forms of bloatware and garbage data, but it can engage planetary defense systems and drones to try and kill colonists. Clearing the code will require a sizeable investment of energy credits to overflow the code and force the AI to terminate it, or face a surge in power. Beyond that there are several arrays that the AI is using to send out its commands onto the planet. Enough alloys to double Hegemony fleets will be required to rebuild and restructure these arrays to serve the Hegemony's purposes.

This is a significant setback, even if the material costs weren't a concern it will take years for these projects to conclude. The highest praise goes to the colonists who are attempting to fix up the planet.

Here are the reports of not only anomalies but several dig sites and the Cormaggas III annexation

Leal fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Oct 25, 2021

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Alright here is a vote for future military expansion, as influence isn't exactly an easy to get resource:

Conquer the Mandate. They have very few sectors left and have no friends. This will also mean we wont have to worry about them trying something sneaky later. They cannot be vassalized, where I could just do that and later absorb them. The federation is a long ways away from getting the CB to force other empires into the federation. But really, should we allow them to have any form of government control? They tried using pilgrims as terrorist

Galaxy Ring. We got a ring world yes... but what if the Hegemony itself was a ring, around the galaxy core? Our new rivals have their territory all around the core, we can chip away at them and surround the core. They don't seem to be all that powerful, but that do have a defensive alliance with another empire who may be able to match the Hegemony. There is always the issue if they'll federate or even make themselves vassals of the Republic of Kesh-Suras after getting knocked around enough.

Note that this is to decide where I'll be placing my influence, I'm not gonna immediately attack. I need to get a stockpile of alloys going and make improvements to the fleet. Also the planetary computer requires a staggering 7.5k alloys to clear out the blockers that are loving with the planet. As such this vote will be open for a bit.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Conquer the Mandate, no sense leaving a job only 7/8ths done.

I am surprised that an AI in a video game is trying to kill you. Shocked, indeed.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Fox me as a character or ship class.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Gameplay notes are up

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

You might consider recruiting governors (maybe firing the ones you don't need) until you can find one with the Bulldozer trait, for that big fuckoff stack of blockers?

Also: the land clearance edict, because explosions.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I have completely forgot about land clearance edict because well... by the time I need to start removing blockers I'm drowning in credits.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Name a class of ship after my robot from the Rimworld LP, with lots and lots and lots of guns.

Also conquer the Mandate! Complete the job!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Emergency vote

Should I just not expand anymore and be ₛₚₐ𝒸ₑ ₕₒₒ𝒹ᵢₑ

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I change my vote

KEEP HOODIE FORM AND ONLY EXPAND TO CONTINUE HOODIE SHAPE

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Space hoodie is cute, but space donut is better. Paint everything foxgirl pink.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Leal posted:

Alright here is a vote for future military expansion, as influence isn't exactly an easy to get resource:

Conquer the Mandate. They have very few sectors left and have no friends. This will also mean we wont have to worry about them trying something sneaky later. They cannot be vassalized, where I could just do that and later absorb them. The federation is a long ways away from getting the CB to force other empires into the federation. But really, should we allow them to have any form of government control? They tried using pilgrims as terrorist

Galaxy Ring. We got a ring world yes... but what if the Hegemony itself was a ring, around the galaxy core? Our new rivals have their territory all around the core, we can chip away at them and surround the core. They don't seem to be all that powerful, but that do have a defensive alliance with another empire who may be able to match the Hegemony. There is always the issue if they'll federate or even make themselves vassals of the Republic of Kesh-Suras after getting knocked around enough.

Note that this is to decide where I'll be placing my influence, I'm not gonna immediately attack. I need to get a stockpile of alloys going and make improvements to the fleet. Also the planetary computer requires a staggering 7.5k alloys to clear out the blockers that are loving with the planet. As such this vote will be open for a bit.
Can't be vassalized as in they have some goofy modded civic/origin/etc that absolutely prohibits vassal relationships, or just mechanically your empire-power-number doesn't exceed theirs by enough to have Superior status and qualify to be their overlord? Because you can game the number by building a bunch of ships while waiting for the treaty to expire, at which point you can demand their vassalization which they will reject, giving you a wargoal to wrestle them into submission? Assuming they haven't already gotten dumpstered by someone else.

dervinosdoom posted:

I change my vote

KEEP HOODIE FORM AND ONLY EXPAND TO CONTINUE HOODIE SHAPE

:thunk: There's also the option to claim territory for yourself while subjugating the rest of an empire, and/or selectively transfer systems and maybe release sectors as vassals, in order to make your borders form the longest ugliest sprawliest SHAME NOODLE. (going for the most ridiculous interpretation edit: including the part where I fail at reading due to insomniavision)

silentsnack fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 25, 2021

Last Transmission
Aug 10, 2011

Donut the galaxy! By which I mean conquer everything!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

silentsnack posted:

Can't be vassalized as in they have some goofy modded civic/origin/etc that absolutely prohibits vassal relationships

I mean that I can only protectorate/tributary them cause they're so far behind on tech.

E: Also ₛₚₐ𝒸ₑ ₕₒₒ𝒹ᵢₑ , while amazing, sadly is not meant to be. Keep ₛₚₐ𝒸ₑ ₕₒₒ𝒹ᵢₑ in your hearts

Leal fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 25, 2021

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Leal posted:

Also ₛₚₐ𝒸ₑ ₕₒₒ𝒹ᵢₑ , while amazing, sadly is not meant to be. Keep ₛₚₐ𝒸ₑ ₕₒₒ𝒹ᵢₑ in your hearts

I'm gutted :(

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

In Memoriam Space Hoodie, rename the nation to Space Hoodie, take a screenshot, paste in OP and then change the name back to normal and proceed.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SIGSEGV posted:

In Memoriam Space Hoodie, rename the nation to Space Hoodie, take a screenshot, paste in OP and then change the name back to normal and proceed.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Thank you, now let's all have a minute of silence for our dear Space Hoodie.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

RIP Space Hoodie, Page 2 - 2, may it live long in our heart.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
I hardly knew Space Hoodie, but drat, it looked comfy. RIP.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Leal posted:

I didn't realize the launcher allowed you to export your list like this, neat

https://pastebin.com/2NuCtv8s

There is a pastebin of the order

Just saw this while in bed after turning the game off. drat.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I took some time to make a collection of the game's mods on steam workshop so you can just open the attached link and hit subscribe to all mods, then follow the instructions on the page to actually import the mod collection to irony mod manager, and you're good.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

tithin posted:

I took some time to make a collection of the game's mods on steam workshop so you can just open the attached link and hit subscribe to all mods, then follow the instructions on the page to actually import the mod collection to irony mod manager, and you're good.

Fuckin' noice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Perfect Transcendence

Today's report starts with changes to the Hegemony legal system, using all the knowledge and input received from the new citizens of the Hegemony. A system that is applied evenly and fairly across all sectors will keep everyone united and happy. A change has been made to Hegemony policy, as we have had no interest in enslaving those we rule over slavery is now considered prohibited in the Hegemony.

The lane heading westward has plenty of hostile mining drones flying around, the Gallog Voidfarers are currently clearing out the sectors while Dov'ace surveys and the ISS bios builds outposts.

The galactic community has been officially formed, granting communications with many new empires.

... By the Archotech... Nothing in the archives contain anything as remotely as cute as these creatures. They must be protected

Putting that to the side, the eastern sectors had one last sector unaccounted for due to hostiles. The Yulth Voidfarers were replenished and sent out to clear the sector. Hopefully this unique looking world with a defensive fleet works out better than the last one.

Dov'bah was ordered to halt her investigation of the force field world to survey this sector and she had discovered several fascinating things about this new planet. A world of extremely advance bio-mechanical creatures. It should be obvious why such a planet would be a critical addition to the Hegemony.

While that sector is surveyed, attention turned towards the clearing of Naff'Fujj. An allocation of explosive motes were set aside for the colonists to blow through all the hostile AI's arrays. Our estimations of having the planet fully workable in a decade has been dialed back to mere years.

And when we thought things were going well, the damned AI created several brigades of robots to actively attack the colony!

The local peacekeeping force were utterly wiped by the enemy. The 1st Strike were in the next sector over and were unable to make it in time. The colony still belongs to the Hegemony, but the structures built have been destroyed. Not only that but the AI has replaced its arrays and has further filled the system's computers with junk code. The 1st has been stationed on the planet, with a recruitment drive to reinforce the 1st.

Putting the AI planet to the side, the first meeting has been called for the galactic council. It has been proposed that a galactic market is to be founded, the empire who hosts the market will be charged less of a market fee for using its services. The entire galaxy is in agreement for this proposal.

In her surveys in the most remote parts of the universe Fern'boj discovered a disabled gateway, not unlike the one surrounding Naff'Ujba. Hopefully finding one that doesn't have a planet interfering with study can motivate our scientists to design one for Hegemony use.

In fact that is exactly what had happened. At least, learning how to activate existing gates.

The AI attempts another attack on Naff'Fujj, but this time the Hegemony was ready. The battle went on for nearly two months but the 1st Strike came out on top. At this point all arrays have been removed, now it is up to our researchers to clear the code.

The resolution passed and the council is now taking nominations for where the market shall be based. The Hegemony nominates the capital, it is the wealthiest sector in Hegemony space currently.

The western exploration has come to a halt, a new empire has been met between Hegemony and Gir-Zana space.

Preliminary intel has shown that this new empire has not just one, but several ring worlds scattered in their space!

The empire consists of machines and are a lot like the Kelbrid and Jonus, machines taking care of organics. Unlike them however, this empire is extremely technologically advance. They would have to be, to have three ringworlds in their space. They are similar to the Gesibor Ancients, though unlike them the Continuity has allowed access to to their borders, letting Hegemony fleets freely fly through their space. While they seem content to not expand, the west should still be reinforced just in case the Gir-Zana try to attack.

The highest praise to the colonists of Naff'Fujj, who have successfully terminated the rogue AI of the planet! Construction has begun in earnest, however the oddest thing happened when it came to allocating materials for the construction effort:

Governor Gabb claims that.. no materials are needed at all. Apparently the new AI is very accommodating and will manage to build anything the colonists desire.

With the unlimited possibilities of research with the new AI, the Hegemony has decided to push for more academies to educate a new generation of Hegemony leaders. The academies will ensure all students are knowledgeable in both voidcraft and biologoy, ensuring the research division will have the most knowledgeable scientists possible in the entire galaxy.

And with Hegemony knowledge in biology being second to none, complete mastery of evolution is finally achieved. The possibilities will be endless, any deficiencies can be removed, any trait can be reworked to bring out the full potential of all Hegemony citizens.

Hisan genetics finally become stabilized. The Hisa people shall be a robust, erudite species. No small detail will escape the eyes of our researchers either. In a year's time every Hisa in Hegemony space will be resequenced to this new standard.

The northwestern survey is nearly complete, with Dov'ace noting a world that appeared to have once been an ecumonpolis that has fallen into disrepair. There is a small number of primitives on the planet as well. Despite the ruins showing that the planet had to have been a post FTL developed planet, the primitives are at the equivalent of a medieval age. The 1st Strike leave their post on Naff'Fujj to subjugate the planet.

The Kelbrid has asked that we attack the Ekwynian Kingdom, to reclaim sectors that the Kingdom took in the past. The Ekwynians are currently at war with the Se'ikh State, which the Kelbrid are close with. The measure is approved, the Ekwynian were getting a little too powerful with the territories they've been taking. The Gallog and Yulth Voidbearers, who have been reinforced to match the Golwih Voidbearers in strength.

It should be noted that the Gallog Voidfarers are now lead by an admiral who was promoted after a stellar showing in a previous battle. Admiral Dussewal has shown that she can really book it in flight, and as such the perfect candidate to run one of our corvette fleets. Admiral Sler'vus will be reassigned to another fleet.

The engineering division has created blueprints for two battleship class ships. The debris found in the capital has been used to create the first battleship fleet for the Hegemony. Admiral Sler'vus cautious nature will work perfectly with the longer range of these capital ships.

The HereticMIND class ship is a carrier focused battleship. Automated strike craft will continuously fly out during combat and target enemy strike craft, missiles and ships. The HereticMIND compliment includes autocannon and plasma throwing strike craft as well as a division of fighters to combat hostile strike craft. The code name to these strike craft are "dire wolves", as they strike in packs. This class will also contain many point defenses to protect the fleet from missiles.

The Lone Badger class ship, a joke for how slow battleships move and thus will often be alone, is an artillery focused battleship. While the HereticMIND sends out its strike craft, the Lone Badger will directly engage hostile ships with their long range weaponry. A mix of laser and coilguns make up the armament of the ship, as they are the longest ranged weapons currently available to the Hegemony. Until more capital class weaponry is researched, the HereticMIND class will make up the majority of our battleship fleets.

Beyond the new capital ships, the physics branch has perfected jump drives. When our fleets get retrofitted with these they will be able to ignore tradition hyperlanes and can jump directly into sectors within range.

And mercy be to any enemy of the Hegemony, who only further expands the limits of its people. The powers of old have slowly started to come back to the Hisa people and soon the Hegemony's soldiers will be able to work psionic magic with the technological advancements made to their armaments.

Especially after what can only be described as transcendence has been achieved. Our leaders are unrivaled in all aspects, taking full advantage of cybernetics, biological and psionic ascendancy. Our governers can keep all of our people united, their scientists taking note of each and every tiny change in any experiment. Our leading scientists can not only notice the slightest chemical reaction or change in structure on not just the nanoscopic level, but even changes made in alternate realities. Hegemony space pilots are able to use psionics to cause enemy projectiles to go off target and amplify their own attacks without overloading the ship's systems, and have the instinct to know how to consistently fire faster without effecting the systems.

...Which makes it all the more insulting that the Gurite hive mind has been nominated to host the galactic stock market.

Having seen into the countless alternate realities, Hegemony telepaths have determined of the ultimate reality: The Shroud. The society division has been told to look more into this shroud, we must document everything, even things that do not exist in our own reality.

Before we can reach out for the presence, it reaches out for us, its thoughts coil and twist themselves around the minds of our telepaths, bargaining, cajoling. It is the Instrument of Desire and it will grant us wealth, power, prestige... all that we have ever desired. All that we will ever desire.

The Cost? A small matter, little more than a cover fee. It only wants what's best for us. It will help us, guide us, direct our ambitions and dreams.

If we will only accept it into our hearts

It is confident that we will say yes. How could we possibly not say yes?

The telepath's report that a covenant was made by a... thing within the shroud. Nearly all jobs have reported a 10% increase in efficiency overnight. Making a covenant with a thing not of this reality with such powers may have not been the wisest choice, but no research has ever been truly complete if there wasn't some form of miscalculations.

Now onto domestic matters, the oldest colony in the Hegemony has paid its respects to the High Director. It was quite charming to see the planet's migrating forests perform a... dance around the statue. Mostly they were walking circles around the statue, occasionally stopping and circling the other direction.

Another stagnate empire has been spotted, whose technology far outpaces any other empire minus the observers and the caretakers.

A race known as "humans", spotted for the first time in Hegemony history, has gotten into contact. Their threats have been met with hostility, they seem to only desire the complete and utter extermination of any species not also human. Appropriately they are located near the extermination robots, hope they get along well.

Sadly it seems previous applause given to Hisa fishmongers for braving the oceans and catching exotic fish has spurned other fishers to attempt replicating that feat and have paid the ultimate price for it. It should be a well known fact one does not trespass into the domain of the ocean dragons. Beyond the millennia of folktales and issued warnings on holocomms and posted notifications, there is also the uplink that makes up every Hisii cybernetics as well as the psionic system that should also warn of such dangers.

The planet Hyrma IV is significantly more impressive close up. The entire world is one gigantic vista, extremely pleasant to look at and live in. That is, on the surface. One particular part of the planet has a massive crater containing the remains of a space station. Within this crater is access to a series of underground tunnels that must've been a nearly planet-wide prison system. Not only do the Hyrma peacekeeping force no longer have to worry about building cells to hold malcontents, but some of this space can be set aside for future living.

The civics division ok'd the planet for ocean housing, wind parks, a deep mine, gas refineries and anomaly research complexes. Beyond that several districts worth of disused ascended housing has been located, a lot like those found on the capital world. Besides that one new district has been approved by the civics division:

Archeology District, where a team of archaeologists will be searching deep into the underground prison system and pull out any artifacts they find.

The creators of this planet have even constructed nature on par with naturally occurring features. There is an impressive mountain range, three active volcanoes and two districts of wildlife .

Cormaggas V is the third planet located in the Cormaggas sector. A second army has been raised to finish claiming the rest of the planets while the 1st Strike was defending Naff'Fujj. Cormaggas V is only notable for having a single biome across the entire planet. The nature provided here is a single large mountain range, a district's worth of dangerous wildlife and a massive glacier.

The civics division has ok'd the planet for stable mines, nature farms and anomaly research complexes.

The local Alari people are very strong, unfortunately that strength is used to quarrel with one another.

Cormaggas C IIIb is the fourth and final planet in the sector. The planet is simply wondrous with an abandoned stargate located on it. It appears to be on the fritz however, and locals are recommended to keep away. Other notable features on the planet is the titanic geo form located on the planet, as well as how otherworldly the vegetation coloration is. From space one can see the vegetation is bright yellow near the equator, eventually turning into a deep purple as one looks towards the north and southern poles. Beyond the fascinating flora, the only other nature provided by the planet is a single district of dangerous wildlife.

The districts approved on this planet are ocean farms and anomaly research complexes.

The Kar-Du locals are a traditional and nomadic sort, preferring to travel the planet rather than settling down.

The space station in the Cormaggas sector has been busy constructing modules to help support the four planets in the sector. Stasis chambers will provide growth to the planets while an orbital assembly will offload some work in assembling androids, speeding up assembly on every planet. A government over watch site has been built, and soon an entire wing of the station will be dedicated to administrative computing to keep the system stabilized.

This station should be a bulwark, defending any aggression from the east. However the friendly Confederacy owns the lanes to the east, it should be safe to not dedicate everything on the station to defense.

Naff'Cauga is a tidally locked world, with the constant sunlight and strong winds there is a lot of energy and agriculture potential here. The civics division has ok'd the planet for solar arrays, stable mines, chemical industries, gas refineries and nature reserves.

For the nature... this planet is so full of it that there is only a single district worth of space to work with. There is an impassable mountain range, two volcanoes, a district of wildlife, four district's worth of deep sinkholes, five districts of quicksand basins and a massive glacier. There is several other natural elements here, but none that provides any benefits and thus will be cleared out.

Naff'Lycta is a planetary habitat built on a molten world for two purposes. First to provide a more centralized location for sector administration, secondly the hyperlane leads into Hegemony space and the planet will serve as a bastion against any aggression from the west. Beyond having a molten surface there are lava geysers littering the planet. Not only that, there has been a lot of uranium detected on the planet, which gets mixed with the lava and shot out of the aforementioned geysers. Good luck to any who attempts to invade.

The Hisa living in the planet have been resequenced to better serve combat roles, thanks to advancements in psionics. They are capable of generating an electromagnetic field around themselves to make any kinetic ballistics pointless, even energy based ballistics can be interrupted by this field. Studies in alternate realities have made it possible to temporarily jump between realities, and our soldiers have been trained to do it reliably. With these two features their remaining talents see rather mundane. They can conjure fire at will and should they get hit past their magnetic fields and phasing abilities, they can regenerate many wounds that were previously considered deadly.

Naff'Lycta will also build androids set for war, known as War Synths. They are armored, built to milspec and have plasma weaponry and bombardment capabilities built into them.

Normally the frontier settlement is converted into an arcology, but for Naff'Lycta there will be a colosseum set up to ensure even during downtime Hegemony soldiers will keep themselves in top form.

The primitives in the northwest has been folded into the Hegemony empire. Apparently the planet used to be a planetary prison complex for an empire of bygone times. Hisii architects have been sent over to assess the planet and begin restoration efforts. The planet hosts a gigantic spiral in what can be assumed the capital of the planet, currently in ruins. There are also solar arrays, reactor pits and mining tunnels that would contribute much to the planet... if they weren't all shattered, flooded and crumbling. Once cleared out though the planet may be constructed to be the ecumonopolis it once was.

Beyond that, there is also a lower section of city ruins discovered underneath the surface city. A series of ancient generators were found under here as well, still functioning.

The Husko inhabiting the planet are certainly unique. They are agrarian in nature and even have bladed tails to assist with harvesting crops. They also have a strange biological evolution that each birth produces twins. They also have this odd ability to spontaneously generate monopoles, shorting out magnetic force around themselves for a short time. Hopefully this doesn't interfere with the cybrenetics all Hegemony citizens must have.

Speaking of ecumonpolis, Dov'bah has made progress in her studies of the shielded world. She has been given the OK to remove the, comparatively, primitive shielding.

The locals were receptive to our communications and explained what happened to the tom world on the other side of the gateway. Questions were made about how they have managed to feed themselves, which has started a new investigation on the planet.

It turns out the locals have had a replicator that provided them everything needed for a happy life. Now it can be used to provide amenities to the entire Hegemony.

The planet, renamed Naff'Hitti, is an ecumonopolis, every bit of the planet is urbanized with no nature beyond parks. Due to the locals considering the planet the promised land they are united and fully willing to put their all into work. There are several ruined arcologies across the planet that must be cleared out however.

Similar to Naff'Fujj, there is no natural resources to be had here, simply buildings in which to set up manufacturing or computers. We can fill arcologies with foundries to produce alloys, factories for consumer goods, leisure districts, industry for refining minerals into rare materials and planetary shipyard infrastructure.

Now for the local population that joined the Hegemony...

Anomaly Report