Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Zeron posted:

It's hilarious that you think this is a defense and not just an indictment of your friend group. Just getting together with your friends to throw slurs at people not in your group and make fun of handicapped people, it's okay because boys will be boys it's ironic! People believe it when 4chan says that too. But can't complain because I'm not in the country club I guess.

You can just say you don't have any queer or POC friends who actually like you, it would be quicker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I guess I missed what bread and roses is, a splinter site like 4chan way back in the day? And they have a sex pest running the show?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

I guess I missed what bread and roses is, a splinter site like 4chan way back in the day? And they have a sex pest running the show?

now don't get too excited

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Zeron posted:

It's hilarious that you think this is a defense and not just an indictment of your friend group. Just getting together with your friends to throw slurs at people not in your group and make fun of handicapped people, it's okay because boys will be boys it's ironic! People believe it when 4chan says that too. But can't complain because I'm not in the country club I guess.

you should make a fyad tier list since you know them so well. they love tier lists, but you already knew that.

Captain Invictus posted:

c-spam runoff for the truest psychos

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Even if you disregard all issues with the content itself, I think another big problem with a "vtuber thread" is that v-tubing is... kinda of a broad topic for a thread to be about imo. Like they're just livestreamers with a face rig, right? We don't have a thread to discuss any and all livestreamers, and if we did it sounds like it would be a big mess. It sounds like a difficult thread for any mod to manage, let alone one that has absolutely no interest in v-tubers like Julias or Baal seemed to be. Sure there's something similar like the internet critic thread in rgd, but Junpei is a regular reader of that thread, plus it doesn't get nearly as much traffic as the v-tuber threads did, even when it was in its prime. I think a discord channel would be more fit to handle a "stream-of-consciousness" posting style that sort of thread would lead to, or a v-tuber subreddit where topics can be more easily divided.

Kay Kessler fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Feb 21, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

it was a splinter site made because of D&D/cspam drama. It was meant to be a 'serious political forum' for active organization and canvassing. It promptly turned into a drama factory. I got banned from it for pointing out that their QCS equivalent had 10x the posts as the IRL organization forum. The guy who made it got run off his own site. Multiple mods/admins of it got accused of sex crimes, and there were giant dramatic power struggles/mod coups. And now near as I can tell it gets like two posts a day tops across the entire forum.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

grieving for Gandalf posted:

lol

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Invictus posted:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

grieving for Gandalf posted:

you people only have one "joke"

Endorph posted:

it was a splinter site made because of D&D/cspam drama. It was meant to be a 'serious political forum' for active organization and canvassing. It promptly turned into a drama factory. I got banned from it for pointing out that their QCS equivalent had 10x the posts as the IRL organization forum. The guy who made it got run off his own site. Multiple mods/admins of it got accused of sex crimes, and there were giant dramatic power struggles/mod coups. And now near as I can tell it gets like two posts a day tops across the entire forum.
Amazing

Always wondered what that comic was from, this just makes it that much better

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Feb 21, 2022

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
mewling babymode nyanners was actually pretty epic imo. but vtube haters gonna hate I guess :shrug:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Curious as to who this refers to.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

i have several including this one
https://i.imgur.com/5W0agc6.mp4

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

leather fedora posted:

If I had known canning the thread would've resulted in this much entertainment, I would've made an alt to help speed it along.

you were an active poster in that thread, so would your alt also take on the title of pedophile?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ArfJason posted:

lmfao

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Amazing

dog you've posted about drawing emotional strength from vtubers, you should probably lay low.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

ArfJason posted:

lol again

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

ArfJason posted:

lmfao just noticed the banners changing

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ArfJason posted:

you made this, rather than it being a repost from somewhere? If so, bravo

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ArfJason posted:

lol

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

personally i think the mods really need to decide if being called a pedophile rapist without proof is or isnt punishable because they seriously seem to flip a coin to decide

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

HalfHazard posted:

lmfao just noticed the banners changing

:eyepop:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Kay Kessler posted:

Even if you disregard all issues with the content itself, I think another big problem with a "vtuber thread" is that v-tubing is... kinda of a broad topic for a thread to be about imo. Like they're just livestreamers with a face rig, right? We don't have a thread to discuss any and all livestreamers, and if we did it sounds like it would be a big mess. It sounds like a difficult thread for any mod to manage, let alone one that has absolutely no interest in v-tubers like Julias or Baal seemed to be. Sure there's something similar like the internet critic thread in rgd, but Junpei is a regular reader of that thread, plus it doesn't get nearly as much traffic as the v-tuber threads did, even when it was in its prime. I think a discord channel would be more fit to handle a "stream-of-consciousness" posting style that sort of thread would lead to, or a v-tuber subreddit where topics can be more easily divided, would be just be a better fit.
A thread about livestreamers would, it seems to me, sort of have to be a chat-thread - and if the past has taught us anything, it's that those have their own heavy moderation burden that probably warrants more than one idiot king.
The RGD thread you mentioned does sometimes touch on livestreamers at least a little, but of course RGD is also a much smaller subforum so it gets less traffic, as you also pointed out.

Not that I think SA needs a Vtuber thread - but maybe in time, like with other threads that have been revived, there can be a cour with a redemption arc at some point in the future?
Not that we need to figure this out now, as it's gonna have to be quite a while before it's worth attempting it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ArfJason posted:

lol

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

Takoluka posted:

you were an active poster in that thread, so would your alt also take on the title of pedophile?
a title that would extend as far as the bounds of this dead forum, yeah

ArfJason posted:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

I got the tude now posted:

dog you've posted about drawing emotional strength from vtubers, you should probably lay low.
let people be inspired by whatever they can these days. If you find it lame, so what? It's not a big deal.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

A thread about livestreamers would, it seems to me, sort of have to be a chat-thread - and if the past has taught us anything, it's that those have their own heavy moderation burden that probably warrants more than one idiot king.
The RGD thread you mentioned does sometimes touch on livestreamers at least a little, but of course RGD is also a much smaller subforum so it gets less traffic, as you also pointed out.

Not that I think SA needs a Vtuber thread - but maybe in time, like with other threads that have been revived, there can be a cour with a redemption arc at some point in the future?
Not that we need to figure this out now, as it's gonna have to be quite a while before it's worth attempting it.

This has been the third or fourth time already, it's never going to happen. The clique just stir poo poo again until whoever is mod gets fed up and probes them and then go crying wolf to QCS about being probed for calling out pedophiles thanks to posts taken in bad faith, because that's what QCS is for nowadays. Hell the admins openly admitted they think Vtubers are pedobait so why would they even allow a new thread. Just let vtubers die on this dead forum already.

The only good things to come out of this are reminding me the ignore list exists which is gonna help my mental health and this:

ArfJason posted:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Captain Invictus posted:

Amazing

its not a "joke" its a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

TheCoach posted:

Seeing as SA is being worse than twitter in imagining a guy and getting super mad at them combined with a healthy dose of self-gaslighting via FYAD, I'd wanna point out that https://breadnroses.net/threads/vtubers-the-dog-is-named-korone.1950 B&R has had a v-tuber thread since it's inception and since they don't bootlick for weird out of touch divorced internet dads the posting is good and no one is mad.

ArfJason posted:

lmfao

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ArfJason posted:

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Endorph posted:

You'd have to be a special kind of masochist to post on a something awful spin-off forum created specifically for talking about politics. I imagine it was chock full of tankies.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

ArfJason posted:

lol again

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

let people be inspired by whatever they can these days. If you find it lame, so what? It's not a big deal.

being at your most powerful when a person playacting an (potentially underage) anime character says your username because you gave them money is not a healthy way to be inspired or draw strength.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

TheCoach posted:

Seeing as SA is being worse than twitter in imagining a guy and getting super mad at them combined with a healthy dose of self-gaslighting via FYAD, I'd wanna point out that https://breadnroses.net/threads/vtubers-the-dog-is-named-korone.1950 B&R has had a v-tuber thread since it's inception and since they don't bootlick for weird out of touch divorced internet dads the posting is good and no one is mad.

Lmfao.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

TheCoach posted:

Lmfao

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

leather fedora posted:

a title that would extend as far as the bounds of this dead forum, yeah

"I will gladly take on the title of pedophile for comedy" is definitely a stance to have.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

ArfJason posted:

Now this is the content.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

IShallRiseAgain posted:

You'd have to be a special kind of masochist to post on a something awful spin-off forum created specifically for talking about politics. I imagine it was chock full of tankies.

I bailed when I logged in to find an ongoing discussion about whether it's acceptable to call for putting non/anti communists in reeducation camps. I think the conclusion was "no it is not" but even having the discussion was horrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
if anyone ever tells you putting a bunch of effort into a dumb idea that made you laugh at 3 am is a waste of time theyre a loving idiot and should be cast into the abyss