Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

In this case it's less "editing" and more "Right-Click—>Select-All the post, hit the period key once, and then save it like that".

Also that's a dumb thing to worry about Namtab, you sound like an anti-government doomsday-prepper nutjob. Have a little more faith in your overseers until they get outed for something horrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
homeless snail's threads were kinda shitposty, sure, but no one was being a creep or a weirdo yet so i was kinda surprised at the "off to a bad start" comment

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I. M. Gei posted:

In this case it's less "editing" and more "Right-Click—>Select-All the post, hit the period key once, and then save it like that".

Also that's a dumb thing to worry about Namtab, you sound like an anti-government doomsday-prepper nutjob. Have a little more faith in your overseers until they get outed for something horrifying.

Not often I'd say this but Namtab is not the one who sounds completely loving deranged here

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Look, do you want a non-creepy vtube thread or not?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Then the thread isn't possible

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Vizuyos posted:

homeless snail's threads were kinda shitposty, sure, but no one was being a creep or a weirdo yet so i was kinda surprised at the "off to a bad start" comment

it's because they simply were not off to a bad start. the closest thing to a weird post was mine and anyone should have been able to see it was me leaning into the "be normal" semi-joke given that i got through the whole vtuber thread without eating a single probe for fuckery

Patware fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jan 1, 2022

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I. M. Gei posted:

Look, do you want a non-creepy vtube thread or not?

my man

you should step back from this because you are just not good at this.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
At some point I'd like to be able to have a non-creepy v-tuber thread in ADTRW, and I think it's possible, but it's going to require heavy moderation and ideally new moderation to help enforce it. I haven't had success so far on that front, which is why I still have the thread ban in place.

Until then, I'm going to restart the chat thread and just put an explicit rule in the OP "don't post about v-tubers in this thread".

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Pretty cool that you can apparently get a topic banned by just complaining that you don't think it's interesting a bunch

Julias trying absolutely every possible solution that isn't "probate the people who won't be normal" for some reason

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
fwiw I don't really care about the existence of a vtuber thread one way or another but I'm excited to eat a week's probation when I forget about the ban and post the korone karl marx image

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Multiple people including me were willing to IK a vtuber thread. Did you just assume they were all doing a bit? I can assure you that I was not.

Patware fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 1, 2022

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
it's pretty funny that this whole thing actually got vtuber chat cracked down on even more for some reason

but it is also not worth anyone being nearly as mad about it as they are acting here

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i do not say this as a dunk or to be mean spirited to our moderator julias, but the issue at this point for some posters seems to not even be the vtubers, but the fact that he is tina and the forums are bob in this clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ_EKHGgWJQ

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Patware posted:

Multiple people including me were willing to IK a vtuber thread. Did you just assume they were all doing a bit? I can assure you that I was not.

No, I didn't think you were doing a bit. I do appreciate the offer, but I just think now isn't a good time for a new v-tuber thread. Sorry.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Based on what?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Julias posted:

No, I didn't think you were doing a bit. I do appreciate the offer, but I just think now isn't a good time for a new v-tuber thread. Sorry.

If not now, when?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Never would be good lol

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
When the subject has had more time to rest and after we get at least one new mod on board. I don't have an exact date for you when this will be, sorry.

E: Jose!!! :argh:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Julias posted:

When the subject has had more time to rest and after we get at least one new mod on board. I don't have an exact date for you when this will be, sorry.

It's been 4 months. If that's not enough time people are just better off making a thread in tviv or CCCC.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

There is no amount of 'time to rest' that will resolve anything, given that it's not like the sorts of people that rampaged around making GBS threads everywhere are going to stop being dipshits anytime soon, based on their long and storied history of being vaguely punished Forums Dipshits.

Sumigahara Haseo
Nov 22, 2020
Thanks for making me technically a persona non grata.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
julias is kronii, people asking for a vtuber thread, the mumei
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGN76tCELpU&hd=1

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

what if you all made a vtuber thread in rgd as that has a dozen youtuber threads already

Sumigahara Haseo
Nov 22, 2020

Davincie posted:

what if you all made a vtuber thread in rgd as that has a dozen youtuber threads already

Nobody posts in the Let's Vtube thread because I expect things to be even worse outside ADTRW. What do you imagine to happen there when the standard reaction of the rest of the forum is still to hate on anything anime related?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Plus the Let's Vtuber thread is explicitly not a chat thread, it's for the actual technical meat of vtubing.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Julias posted:

So, what are the qualifications to be the new mod or IK to help you thread ban people who are incapable of keeping it in their pants, and can you tell us why the three people who volunteered couldn't fulfill them?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

i dont think SA has a history of letting people volunteer for forums power

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sumigahara Haseo posted:

Nobody posts in the Let's Vtube thread because I expect things to be even worse outside ADTRW. What do you imagine to happen there when the standard reaction of the rest of the forum is still to hate on anything anime related?

Maybe if the vtuber threads hadn't been creepy this could have been avoided

Sumigahara Haseo
Nov 22, 2020

Jose posted:

Maybe if the vtuber threads hadn't been creepy this could have been avoided

They were a lost cause as soon as the shitposters were taken seriously.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nobody who could wants to, and nobody who wants to should.

SA has a weird idea that modship is a prestigious status meaning the majority of people who want to be mods are complete freaks.

I can name two mods in recent memory that posted CP from adtrw alone lol

Namtab posted:

i dont think SA has a history of letting people volunteer for forums power

It worked out so well with koala's march.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jan 2, 2022

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

yeah i don't want to ik the thread, i'm willing to ik the thread if the condition that must be fulfilled for the thread to exist is for there to be an ik. i'm not over here getting fully engorged with the idea of Posting Power, to defeat my enemies

i have and have had administrative roles in other communities. it mostly sucks

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I liked the general anime YouTuber/Twitch person thread idea. Make it less about a subset about it.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I feel like anime content creators (people who talk about anime) and vtubere (people who talk as anime) aren't exactly one in the same, and it'd end up being a very confused thread.

Frankly, considering vtubers are just streamers with avatars, I almost figure they'd be best talked about where streamers are instead of in ADTRW. Like, outside of the aesthetic (which doesn't even need to be an anime aesthetic!), what makes this an anime topic? As a bonus it'd also mean not having to deal with Julias' blanket ban.

If the answer is "we think other parts of the forum would just be lovely about it", than either getting an IK or putting the thread in CCCC might be the best plan.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Julias, since apparently you’re protected from having to discuss this in QCS, why did you only give a poster 12 hours for talking about how horny they were for the cartoon depiction of a minor?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

lol "protected"

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Julias, since apparently you’re protected from having to discuss this in QCS, why did you only give a poster 12 hours for talking about how horny they were for the cartoon depiction of a minor?

He tries to pretend he had nothing to do with it now but you saw the poo poo he allowed in the vtuber thread, right?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Acerbatus posted:

He tries to pretend he had nothing to do with it now but you saw the poo poo he allowed in the vtuber thread, right?

Oh yeah. I’m 100% unsurprised this is happening again.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

It would help if you could link the specific post so I can remember what you're even talking about/the reasoning for it.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3857861&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=52#post518869266

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

So with that post it got reported, I gave an initial 12 hour probation and PM'd the user a "what the gently caress?" and they responded that it was supposed to be a joke, and that they weren't thinking of it being in bad taste, or the fact that the character was a high schooler, and that they would refrain from making either of those mistakes again.

Given their general post history I personally didn't think that the poster was a pedo, and that it was indeed just some bad judgment on their part. Maybe I was too lax in this case, but I generally tend to swing lighter first with my probations.