Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Cranappleberry posted:

being at your most powerful when a person playacting an (potentially underage) anime character says your username because you gave them money is not a healthy way to be inspired or draw strength.
I'm not the hundreds of dollars superchat person, you don't need to combine everyone in a thread into some amorphous mass of everything you dislike about it just to try to make a point

I find mouse's story inspiring, someone who is essentially a bubble person and bedridden, using something like vtubing to reach outside the room she's largely confined to, to now being the current #1 subscribed streamer on twitch and can afford better medical care now. it's an impressive success story. You can think it's lame if I find that inspiring, that's fine

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Feb 21, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

invictus do you actually envision a world in which they reply 'oh okay, i see things your way now.'

you need to learn to just let stuff go and understand who is never going to be convinced of your position.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

ArfJason posted:

i have several including this one
https://i.imgur.com/5W0agc6.mp4

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Cranappleberry posted:

being at your most powerful when a person playacting an (potentially underage) anime character says your username because you gave them money is not a healthy way to be inspired or draw strength.

True, but what are you their therapist?

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

invictus do you actually envision a world in which they reply 'oh okay, i see things your way now.'

you need to learn to just let stuff go and understand who is never going to be convinced of your position.

I can understand finding someone's story inspiring. Especially a disabled person who managed to overcome the problems inherent in the system we have in order to make a better life for themselves.

However, I also understand that while it involves hard work, it also involves a lot of luck and that many people in similar situations will not be able to emulate that feat. It's basically a miracle and it's not going to be replicated. Regardless, it's parasocial attachment and not healthy.

The issue at hand, the issue itself, is the environment in which Captain Invictus draws that inspiration from. They are alongside the same posters draining their wallets and being creepy. Of course they are going to get tarred with the same brush.

Nyoro posted:

True, but what are you their therapist?

I'd rather not post on a forum where this is going on, no.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm not the hundreds of dollars superchat person, you don't need to combine everyone in a thread into some amorphous mass of everything you dislike about it just to try to make a point

I find mouse's story inspiring, someone who is essentially a bubble person and bedridden, using something like vtubing to reach outside the room she's largely confined to, to now being the current #1 subscribed streamer on twitch and can afford better medical care now. it's an impressive success story. You can think it's lame if I find that inspiring, that's fine

women in hot tubs were so popular it destabilized twitch's entire business model so i'm not terribly impressed ironmouse by amassing the greatest following of hentai consumers the world has ever seen.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Namtab posted:

Lots of fail posts itt

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Banmes are free Cranappleberry

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

ArfJason posted:

lmao

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

ArfJason posted:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Endorph posted:

people disregard what I'm saying all the time but if the response is the same to say nothing or say something, I'll say something, why not. :justpost:

Cranappleberry posted:

Regardless, it's parasocial attachment and not healthy.

I'd rather not post on a forum where this is going on, no.
you can leave at any time, armchair psychoanalyst

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I got the tude now posted:

women in hot tubs were so popular it destabilized twitch's entire business model so i'm not terribly impressed ironmouse by amassing the greatest following of hentai consumers the world has ever seen.

you should be impressed, thats a real, dedicated fanbase there. and it took real work and consciouss effort to build this swarming cohort of freaks

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It’s a pity fluffdaddy has gone to bed and/or work because everyone still litigating vtubers pro vs con needs a day off

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I am cutting off the vtuber chat here. This thread is for feedback about literally anything else related to ADTRW going forward.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Have you seen k-on?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Namtab posted:

Have you seen k-on?

Of course. I'm jealous of my good friend chuck's Mugi AV.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Nyoro posted:

Banmes are free Cranappleberry

as opposed to getting rid of the creeps and the place they post that you are so eager to defend?

Hmmmmmerryy

didn't see fluffdaddy's post. My bad.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fluffdaddy posted:

Of course. I'm jealous of my good friend chuck's Mugi AV.

:cheerdoge:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Mugi is pretty good.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

nichijous renewing iirc which ftw

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Namtab posted:

Mugi is pretty good.

pretty good...at being third behind Mio and Ritsu :twisted:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

symbolic posted:

pretty good...at being third behind Mio and Ritsu :twisted:

Third at being fail, sure. Yui is the best

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

https://youtu.be/3NGezmf0Nv8

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Everyone knows Ritsu is the best.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Dongicus posted:

wait what

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

ArfJason posted:

wait what

The manga is renewed

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Everyone knows Ritsu is the best.

Second worst

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Fluffdaddy posted:

I am cutting off the vtuber chat here. This thread is for feedback about literally anything else related to ADTRW going forward.

i will leave at this: captain invictus youre an unlikable idiot who managed to be the most embarrassing loser in a historically awful thread. DIE :blastu: :blastu: :blastu: :blastu: :blastu: :blastu: :blastu: :blastu: :blastu: :blastu: :blastu: :blastu: :blastu: :blastu: :blastu: :blastu:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dongicus posted:

I was surprised but very happy to hear about it.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Mio was my favorite for most of the series with Mugi a close second but Mugi officially eclipsed her during the episode where she was trying to provoke the other girls into smacking her

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Fluffdaddy posted:

then just lock the thread for a few days, because it doesn't really look like anyone has anything else to give feedback about right now

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vizuyos posted:

just lock the thread

Please, for the love of of god

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Vizuyos posted:

then just lock the thread for a few days, because it doesn't really look like anyone has anything else to give feedback about right now

Especially if you're not gonna go through and pick out the bits of actual feedback, like Endorph's post.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Why not ask fluffdaddy anime questions, for him to answer between reading my posts earlier itt

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Close the thread

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Moderation is a tough job........

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Mio was my favorite for most of the series with Mugi a close second but Mugi officially eclipsed her during the episode where she was trying to provoke the other girls into smacking her

That's a good episode

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I guess the question going forward is what the moderation environment should be going forward?

Nyoro posted:

Moderation is a tough job........
Solution: FYAD crew should be given unique "pink boxes" when they post. That way the other forums will know they're just being Whacky FYADs and not be butthurt.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

leave the thread open but convert it to general K-On! discussion, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

symbolic posted:

leave the thread open but convert it to general K-On! discussion, imo

This is fine too