Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

The thing about being a Lions fan is that early on you learn that God does in fact exist and They just love to ensure that our existence is a hilarious prolonged poo poo-show of increasingly dumb proportions. Bless this stupid football team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Apples McGrind posted:

The thing about being a Lions fan is that early on you learn that God does in fact exist and They just love to ensure that our existence is a hilarious prolonged poo poo-show of increasingly dumb proportions. Bless this stupid football team.

Being a Lion's fan is the fastest way to experience ego death and achieve nirvana

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Docjowles posted:

Yeah, exactly. You didn't need to watch the kick, it was preordained exactly how it was going to go down.

This extends to the Lions Experience in all forms of kicking- if it was Prater or Hanson taking the shot, you'd know it was good. But it's not either of them, and as such, they'll Lions it up. Always.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Apples McGrind posted:

Being a Lions fan is being Job but there's no reconciliation by God in the end.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Many Detroit pastors have mentioned an actual curse on the Lions before.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Lions winning the Super Bowl will clearly be one of the signs of the apocalypse. I bet there's a Nostradamus prophecy everyone is getting wrong, or a bible verse that no one's been able to puzzle out about it

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

mercenarynuker posted:

Lions winning the Super Bowl will clearly be one of the signs of the apocalypse. I bet there's a Nostradamus prophecy everyone is getting wrong, or a bible verse that no one's been able to puzzle out about it

“The young lion will overcome the older one, On the field of combat in a single battle;"

Lions are gonna get a new QB and eventually win the NFC conference championship against Matt Stafford and the Rams. book it.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
“I saw a wolf eat the sun, then a lion ate the wolf. A lamb ate the lion and an owl ate the lamb”

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

I didn’t watch the lions this week, how bitch-rear end were they?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Apples McGrind posted:

Very.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Thursday is the best chance the lions are gonna get to have a W all season.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
If the Seahawks continue their freefall I might move them into the Maybe column, but yeah it's probably Thanksgiving or bust for the Lions to not go 0-fer this year

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Apples McGrind posted:

They started a QB who had a negative td/int ratio in college and he immediately threw a pick.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Apples McGrind posted:

more rear end than bitch, but still a LOT of both

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

They started a QB who had a negative td/int ratio in college and he immediately threw a pick.

still astonished that man ended up on an nfl roster

who could have possibly seen this coming

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That's not a bad day for a running ba... oh

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Few things more Lions than a QB with a QBR in the single digits.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Alaois posted:

still astonished that man ended up on an nfl roster

who could have possibly seen this coming

Suddenly feeling a lot better about Trevor siemien of all people

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

really queer Christmas posted:

Suddenly feeling a lot better about Trevor siemien of all people

He sucks, but he’s also unquestionably better than any QB on the Lions roster.

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Thursday is the best chance the lions are gonna get to have a W all season.

https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/1462867729816428552?s=20

0-16-1 is very much in jeopardy.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If your QB can: throw the ball to a wide receiver, go through a simple read progression, and/or be trusted to throw the ball past the 1st down marker on 3rd down, then by default they are better than any QB on the Lions' roster.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Lynn Bowden Jr. is a better QB than anyone on the Lions roster

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

I'm worried. Really want the Lions to notch their second 0-16 season.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

The Bears aren't going to lose to the Lions whether they have Goff or not.

book it

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bellmaker posted:

The Bears aren't going to lose to the Lions whether they have Goff or not.

book it

the bears are absolutely going to lose to the lions, they are done.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The Bears losing to the lions would bring an immediate firing of Nagy.

That said, I can picture this ending in a tie.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The answer to "can such-and-such very good college team beat such-and-such very bad pro team" is always a resounding "hell no", but I think this current Lions team is one of the most debatable cases. Like put them against something like the 2001 Miami team where half of the players ended up getting drafted, and I think The U keeps it within a couple of scores. This Lions team is just plain lacking in talent.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
You can tell the Lions are doing the best they can, but ultimately the talent doesn't match their ambitions.

I hope the Lions are awarded this when they finish the season winless:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Android Apocalypse posted:

The Bears losing to the lions would bring an immediate firing of Nagy.

That said, I can picture this ending in a tie.

The lions avoiding going 0-16 for a second time by getting two ties is very lions. Congrats on speaking it into existence

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

The lions have been right there in several games, they’re not nearly as bad as the other 0-16 team. 2008 got wrecked in all but two or three games. I think they’ll win a couple

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

The red zone coverage of this was perfect. Hanson very incredulously talked through how he sucked so bad he couldn’t even get the starting job at UConn, had the negative td:int ratio, but somehow got a gig in the nfl. Then as soon as that intro finished, loving instant pick thrown directly at a defender :lol:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Docjowles posted:

The red zone coverage of this was perfect. Hanson very incredulously talked through how he sucked so bad he couldn’t even get the starting job at UConn, had the negative td:int ratio, but somehow got a gig in the nfl. Then as soon as that intro finished, loving instant pick thrown directly at a defender :lol:

Yup. Hanson was going on about how he threw at least two ints per td in college and now his nfl td:int ratio is 0:2.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

So how did he get a job in the NFL? There have to be 50 better QBs out there.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Bird in a Blender posted:

Bitch-rear end lions

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The Lions are so bitch-rear end they wouldn't bring in Kaepernick.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Bird in a Blender posted:

You can't be expected to replace the talents of a guy like chase Daniel in one off-season

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Bitch-rear end lions

They weren’t even the first team to try him. He spent 2 years as the Packers’ third qb, unable to beat out noted stud Deshone Kizer. So yeah eating your division rival’s garbage is an extremely bitch rear end lions move.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

DeimosRising posted:

The lions have been right there in several games, they’re not nearly as bad as the other 0-16 team. 2008 got wrecked in all but two or three games. I think they’ll win a couple

They will win on Thursday

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Chucktesla posted:

You can't be expected to replace the talents of a guy like chase Daniel in one off-season

This, but unironically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Qwijib0 posted:

They will win on Thursday

If they don’t, 0-16-1 is guaranteed