Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

C-Euro posted:

The answer to "can such-and-such very good college team beat such-and-such very bad pro team" is always a resounding "hell no", but I think this current Lions team is one of the most debatable cases. Like put them against something like the 2001 Miami team where half of the players ended up getting drafted, and I think The U keeps it within a couple of scores. This Lions team is just plain lacking in talent.

But what about the troops? Could the troops keep pace with the Lions????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I haven't seen an Army or Navy game in ages, but I'm betting they could beat the current Lions.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Android Apocalypse posted:

I haven't seen an Army or Navy game in ages, but I'm betting they could beat the current Lions.

The best Army game I've ever seen was this year

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/boxscores/2021-10-23-army.html

They lost to a ranked Wake Forest, 70-56, keeping up with them for most of the game instead of scoring a ton once the game was out of hand. Their QBs went a combined 10-13 for 179 yards 3TDs/1 INT while they ran the ball 70!!! times for 416 yards and 5 rushing TDs.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

syzpid posted:

The best Army game I've ever seen was this year

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/boxscores/2021-10-23-army.html

They lost to a ranked Wake Forest, 70-56, keeping up with them for most of the game instead of scoring a ton once the game was out of hand. Their QBs went a combined 10-13 for 179 yards 3TDs/1 INT while they ran the ball 70!!! times for 416 yards and 5 rushing TDs.

How many of those passes were to running backs

I checked, it was 4/10 completions, including a td. Only one receiver was targeted

DeimosRising fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 23, 2021

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
6 of them went to Isaiah Alston, who is listed as a WR and had no rushes.
3 went to Tyrell Robinson, who is listed as an RB and had 98 yards on 11 rushes
1 went to Brandon Walters, who is listed as an RB and had 41 yards on 4 rushes

With 17 receptions Isaiah leads Army with more then double the next player, and his 367 reception yards are 150 more then the next player behind him.

I was curious and checked his HS stats cause he played for Mater Dei. His High School Senior year he had 34 receptions for 634 yards and 7 TDs but Army was the only team interested in him.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

When I was a kid I always wondered how could it be possible that the army college team wasn't the best one. I mean, they are all soldiers!

Then I joined the army.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This entire game today, my god

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Bellmaker posted:

The Bears aren't going to lose to the Lions whether they have Goff or not.

book it

Booked

just a total meltdown of an ending, the bitch-assiest

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Same old bitch rear end lions

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Someone's car got rear ended and sent into someone's fence on the road behind my house during the final two minutes of that game and somehow the lions were a bigger wreck during that time

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

How does one become a fan of the Lions. You have 31 other options and they're all literally superior choices.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I was particularly loud during Jared Good attempting to overcome 1st and 30 by the power or checkdowns, and then running a draw on 3rd and the entire field.

Draft position, baby!

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Kirios posted:

How does one become a fan of the Lions. You have 31 other options and they're all literally superior choices.

Same way you get cancer, diabetes, or obesity: poor life choices mixed with genetic predispositions from your lineage

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Lions...what the gently caress?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I want someone to track how long everybody on this Lions team remains in the league after this season, I think you could count the number of guys here who would start anywhere else in the league on one hand.

Kirios posted:

I gotta be honest, moving out of Michigan (and NFC North territory more broadly) has been good for my health because I only have one or two chances to watch the Lions each year.

When my son is old enough I'm going to let him choose his own NFL fandom, forcing him to try and like the Lions feels like abuse.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 25, 2021

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Hizawk posted:

When I was a kid I always wondered how could it be possible that the army college team wasn't the best one. I mean, they are all soldiers!

Then I joined the army.

I still remember the Young Conservatives twitter making some statement that the military could put together a team that would dominate the nfl and getting some dipshit pundits to agree with it.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Zerilan posted:

I still remember the Young Conservatives twitter making some statement that the military could put together a team that would dominate the nfl and getting some dipshit pundits to agree with it.

Sure you just draft everyone good in the NFL, not hard

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
im starting to think these lions might be bitch rear end

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If the Lions had all 32 first round picks in next years draft would they win 5 games next season?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Zerilan posted:

If the lions played a service academy they’d somehow end up trying to run a flex bone triple option and then lose.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Why give the lions 32 draft picks when there are only 5 offensive linemen and 4 defensive linemen on the field to spend those picks on

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Anyone got contact info for Kayvon Thibodeaux so we can send our condolences?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

tinstaach posted:

Anyone got contact info for Kayvon Thibodeaux so we can send our condolences?

He plays for Oregon. I'll drive down to Eugene and hold a warning sign outside the stadium.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Forrest on Fire posted:

Why give the lions 32 draft picks when there are only 5 offensive linemen and 4 defensive linemen on the field to spend those picks on

If they only have 9 first round picks the chances of them loving them all up is too great.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I apologize, the Lions are bitch-rear end.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Truly a game of which team wanted to suck more.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Bird in a Blender posted:

Truly a game of which team wanted to suck more.

The Bears thought they could win this competition against the Lions!

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Caldwell getting fired after a winning season only to be replaced by Matt Patricia is still amazing.

the Ford's hate black people and love losing

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
from the Forza Horizon thread, bit of random Lions hate

Eclipse12 posted:

In honor of my beloved Detroit Lions, I made their official NFL truck (appropriately, a Ford)

They can't ban it if it's true

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
It's the FAAAART license plate that makes it artwork.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Play posted:

from the Forza Horizon thread, bit of random Lions hate

This has me losing it.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Someone I know who is a huge Red Wings fan and loving HATES the Lions won a nice jackpot in Vegas and bet $2000 that the Lions would go 0-16 at 500 to 1 odds.

That was 2008. Instant Millionaire. Now he loves the lions no he doesn't he still loving hates them and still makes that same bet every year

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fickell wouldn't have let this happen https://www.nfl.com/news/luke-fickell-cincinnati-bearcats-head-coach-interviewed-with-lions-last-year?campaign=Twitter_atn

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Beefed Owl posted:

Someone I know who is a huge Red Wings fan and loving HATES the Lions won a nice jackpot in Vegas and bet $2000 that the Lions would go 0-16 at 500 to 1 odds.

That was 2008. Instant Millionaire. Now he loves the lions no he doesn't he still loving hates them and still makes that same bet every year

So did he bet for 0-17 this year? Would suck to lose out on a tie.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Bird in a Blender posted:

So did he bet for 0-17 this year? Would suck to lose out on a tie.

I was hoping he bet 0-16 again

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

lmao

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Bitch-rear end goff

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Bitch rear end Vikings