Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

syntaxfunction posted:

Personally I want my avatar to infect the forums slowly but completely, to influence everyone's way of thinking subtly over time. To create a true goon hivemind.

I don't think they give out the forums cancer av anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

syntaxfunction posted:

goon hivemind.

Too late. Way, way too late.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

No one cared who I was before I wore the avatar

Now mods I demand you rename the imposter Smugworth and give me back the name Slugworth, for the safety of gbs

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Mods should add a tag to a random regularly posting user. Anyone that quotes them or addresses them (via username) should get their avatar. It follows for anyone that quotes them too.

And then after a year we shut down the forums because everyone caught avatar. Quarantined.

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.

Nothing against you, snake pervert. It is merely that it outs me as someone who knows about anime

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit
Someone should buy me an avatar

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit
To help low taxes spine. Yay

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I'd buy you one but would just be a big gross dick and I dont wanna get banned. Sorry.

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

epic 2012 username posted:

To help low taxes spine. Yay

Have you not been on here recently or

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

Treecko posted:

I'd buy you one but would just be a big gross dick and I dont wanna get banned. Sorry.

I'm almost positive periscope dick would be okay for at least a week before someone got mad

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
The trick is to make your avatar a penis so mangled and misshapen it takes people a while to even realize what it is

also I think the mouse buddies thing came from the imaginary friend thread, but I didnt read very much of it so idk if those inflicted with the avs were posters there

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
theres an option to turn avatars off, op

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Ad by Khad posted:

theres an option to turn avatars off, op

extremely bad and cowardly advice, this forums user probably has posters "blocked" as well

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
just one, I blocked bakoon back when he was posting 30 times a page and each post had his gigantic sig of a human eyeball being graphically sliced open

no regrets

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Treecko posted:

I believe there is no way to trace avatar purchases as the forums don't store credit card purchases.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
killer idea, forums avatars should be NFTs and jeffrey should get a cut of all the trading done on what will probably become a wild speculative market of banned accounts with good avatar images

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
i'd definitely buy my av to hang on my wall if i had a lot of coke dealing money i needed to launder

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.
Thank you goon friend who purchased this avatar for me. It captures my brand of white noise posting perfectly, and I also appreciate it's commitment to environmental sustainability by way of advocating for recycling.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Long time ago a mod told me and it was an ironclad contract that of he saw someone steal my av that poster would be killed. This mod, who told me this in confidence so I won't name them, also said that the other mods had the same responsibility. So if someone steals my av I assume the mods will do their contractual duty and not be coward bitches!!!!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Long time ago a mod told me and it was an ironclad contract that of he saw someone steal my av that poster would be killed. This mod, who told me this in confidence so I won't name them, also said that the other mods had the same responsibility. So if someone steals my av I assume the mods will do their contractual duty and not be coward bitches!!!!

lol if u trust a mod

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
It would be cool if there were little left/right arrows by the avatar so you could look at previous ones. Also if mods could "stick" particularly good avs so they appear underneath, something like gang tags.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Gonna assassinate my enemies by buying them your AV

fps_nug
Feb 21, 2021

horsing around no longer
I posted in fyad and someone got me this one

I guess we just have to live with it now

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

The Walrus posted:

Dear Jeffery, someone gave me this avatar, I think it was LAP, and I love it. Since then I have noticed at least TWO other goons with the same avatar. This is clearly an unacceptable attempt to coopt my strong brand of white noise posting energy. I would ask that there please be a system put in place to only allow one person to have an avatar. if they want to like, draw a hat on it, that is fine.

thank you for your time

I'm using this opportunity to ask: is there a way to check where my avatar came from on mobile? Because I'm loving clueless.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I'm using this opportunity to ask: is there a way to check where my avatar came from on mobile? Because I'm loving clueless.

there isn't a way at all unfortunately. would be rad if there was because then we could see when posters completely loving own themselves by buying a dumbass red text for someone

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Some posters choose great avatars. Others have great avatars thrust upon them.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

there isn't a way at all unfortunately. would be rad if there was because then we could see when posters completely loving own themselves by buying a dumbass red text for someone

C'est la vie

I'm a mouse now!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked

The Wurst Poster
Apr 8, 2005

Literally the Wurst...

Seriously...

For REALSIES.

epic 2012 username posted:

Someone should buy me an avatar

Happy to help out. :)

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

well op, in qcs anything people think isn't funny gets a dozen people racing to reply with :imunfunny: so I'm just saying we're not doing that here. you can at least write your own threadshit

Oh. That seems a little weird. That seems like it might be a slight flaw in the one forum that's not really supposed to have its own community, in-jokes, or, really, jokes. I know all the subforums have their own posting culture, but that one seems like it should be accessible to anyone for serious discussion instead of a source of riveting comedy. Maybe I should go and complain about it in QCS.

... Wait a minute!

Anyway, OP, the answer to your original issue is to give up all material possessions and avatars and become one with the grey void.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

The Wurst Poster posted:

Happy to help out. :)

oh cmon that guy is the loving worst. you couldn't have picked literally any other poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
my avatar is so stupid that no one would take it, i think i originally found it by just searching 'cool picture'