Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Bengals better take advantage now with half of the Ravens and Browns hurt and Steelers sticking with Roethlisberger when he can’t loving throw anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Cat Hassler posted:

Bengals better take advantage now with half of the Ravens and Browns hurt and Steelers sticking with Roethlisberger when he can’t loving throw anymore

Being hurt seems to be just a slight inconvenience for the Ravens. It seems like the more purple bodies twist and crumble apart the better they are.
Edgar Allen Poe would approve they are the Team of the Living Dead.

The Browns are in real trouble because the most probable outcome is Mayfield will likely become too injured or ineffective. But if he somehow can carry them he's going to be a Folk hero. Credit to Mayfield for having the balls to go out there and for the Browns of all teams. I heard Brett Farve on Sirius say that it's actually possible to play with that injury because it can be injected with some poo poo that makes it so it doesn't hurt.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

pasaluki posted:

Being hurt seems to be just a slight inconvenience for the Ravens. It seems like the more purple bodies twist and crumble apart the better they are.
Edgar Allen Poe would approve they are the Team of the Living Dead.

The Browns are in real trouble because the most probable outcome is Mayfield will likely become too injured or ineffective. But if he somehow can carry them he's going to be a Folk hero. Credit to Mayfield for having the balls to go out there and for the Browns of all teams. I heard Brett Farve on Sirius say that it's actually possible to play with that injury because it can be injected with some poo poo that makes it so it doesn't hurt.

Farve is talking about a combination of morphine and local anesthesia. Apparently OBJ tore his labrum back when he was with the Giants and just never had it repaired.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

sharknado slashfic posted:

The Ravens will win the Superbowl

Maybe after Tom Brady switches to the ravens

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Farve is talking about a combination of morphine and local anesthesia. Apparently OBJ tore his labrum back when he was with the Giants and just never had it repaired.

Farve almost for sure knows from experience with those injections. Mayfield may have a fighting chance, but aren't both RBs down?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pasaluki posted:

Farve almost for sure knows from experience with those injections. Mayfield may have a fighting chance, but aren't both RBs down?

Yeah I saw Chubb was ruled out earlier today I think. Hunt is gone for at least a month.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

pasaluki posted:

Both RBs are confirmed out with Hunt on IR, Jarvis is likely still out IR designated to return, OBJ is DNP as well as both tackles and they missed Sunday.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Oct 20, 2021

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

pasaluki posted:

Didn't the NFLPA put out a statement this summer saying not to use Toradol?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

pasaluki posted:

yeah absolutely just sit all the people you need to sit lol. the broncos look bad enough that the browns D could just win it on their own, but i would rather take the L than risk anyone getting too hosed up. especially since steelers week is up next

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Let the Browns heal, give em rest. It’s not worth ending careers and pain. Maybe we get lucky for a wildcard. Retool in the off season.

Fire Joe Woods.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Elephanthead posted:

Maybe after Tom Brady switches to the ravens

Tom Brady can suck my balls, the Ravens are less afraid of Brady then they are Peyton Manning coming out of retirement.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Cards and Bills are going to the superbowl bc i need to see that boat race

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Gatts posted:

Let the Browns heal, give em rest. It’s not worth ending careers and pain. Maybe we get lucky for a wildcard. Retool in the off season.

Fire Joe Woods.

This is what the brain says but the old fashioned part of me thinks it really should be Baker's decision. If they shut him down for that then he has to get the surgery and the Browns aren't going anywhere not even to the wildcard without him.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

The Broncos are missing 5 linebackers, 2 receivers and a tight end, plus everyone on the oline is banged up and the secondary can't cover anyone. If you are the Browns and wanted to throw in the towel on this game who are you going to be able to beat?

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Simplex posted:

The Broncos are missing 5 linebackers, 2 receivers and a tight end, plus everyone on the oline is banged up and the secondary can't cover anyone. If you are the Browns and wanted to throw in the towel on this game who are you going to be able to beat?

That's the thing. If rest could help Baker, this is absolutely a game he should skip. But rest cannot help. So at this point this is exactly the type of game he should play in to try and see how it goes. The Browns' schedule softens up a bit for a while, so this is as good as it gets.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Simplex posted:

not to poo poo on the broncos too badly but i think a case keenum browns with whosever still alive on defense probably wins that game. at least a better chance than a banged up mayfield forcing passes to a banged up obj. you're not really giving up the game, so to speak - they could definitely still win it. it's more just trying to get the gently caress healthy lol (which also feels like the situation with every team lol) the browns don't even get their bye until week 13

like the browns are missing both their tackles, both their rbs, their qb is in a sling, landry and obj are both obviously pretty limited, even if landry can come back. don't throw baker back behind that line.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Simplex posted:

The Browns defense sucks rear end and 8/11 starters are in the injury report. The writing is on the wall.

Our swing tackle is on IR so we're deep into the depth at both tackles

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

AndrewP posted:

783 yards and 10 TDs already, jesus christ
Those are video game numbers

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

End of the mayfield era

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1450833292899622917?s=21

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

^ wow drat

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1450833414853206018

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

First start he's missed. It's tough but I think this is right. Go get healthy, dude.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That puts Boyle on track to be back after the bye. That'd help a lot.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mayfield gonna end up in Carolina after Keemun sets thr world on fire.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 31 minutes!

FizFashizzle posted:

Mayfield gonna end up in Carolina after Keemun sets thr world on fire.

Darnold to the Broncos??????

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Darnold to the Broncos??????

Teddy is the better option.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

what's the bigger fear in Cleveland - that Keenum sucks or that he's better than Baker?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Guess it's a worst-Case scenario.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Honestly pulling Baker now is best long-term for the team. It's nice that he personally wants to try and help the team win now, but the AFC is such a buzz saw that his injury is only going to get worse.

Keenum keeping the Browns afloat and in contention would be funny.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

AndrewP posted:

what's the bigger fear in Cleveland - that Keenum sucks or that he's better than Baker?

I'm not worried about either, but I get what you're going at. I expect him to be better than hurt Baker. If he's better than healthy Baker was last year, that would be surprising but Keenum has always been streaky. If he's worse than hurt Baker, then that just means the season switches to player development and all these hurt guys get chances to really rest.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I honestly was expecting a Stanley situation from him, this is good news

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Woozie66 posted:

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1450497090812010503?t=12uXbDIByou79-YIdi0zUA&s=19

Henry has had a solid season in six games

I think Diggs should also be mentioned in MVP conversations honestly.

Diggs is either making a pick or getting completely torched. He should be in the running for DPoY but nowhere near MVP.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Comedy option Keenum has great chemistry with OBJ and has a 2 minute drill down the field to win a game

But it’s tough without our tackles

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Diggs really is a more extreme version of Marcus Peters. Going to break the int record by allowing 35 TDs to his cover.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

tbf I don't remember Peters getting torched a lot or blowing many coverages once he got to Baltimore. still a gambler and a ball hawk but with more discipline than in his younger days

I could be wrong though

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Diggs really is a more extreme version of Marcus Peters. Going to break the int record by allowing 35 TDs to his cover.

I saw someone compare him to Antonio cromartie and everything snapped into place for me

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Mystic Stylez posted:

tbf I don't remember Peters getting torched a lot or blowing many coverages once he got to Baltimore

he fuckin did against Mahomes last year, that's for sure

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Peters has been less extreme in Baltimore than in KC but still a very high variance corner.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1450843869852147713

Guess he doesn't want to get covid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter/status/1450846225222275081?t=klBhcqqXE8IEhhhIUh65FA&s=19