Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Arch-nemesis League Update 5
I made some good progress today! In fact I might just log back in after I make this post :v: I made some progress in the maps, it was fairly easy going and I reached Tier 3 with no problems. The map bosses are easy to kill when I am able to save up poison points to weaken them before the fight. Ones with phases are annoying but I'm getting the hang of poison concoctions timing so they are alright. I found two new companions in the maps, and when you do they are added to Kiracs gang!

I needed more currency to craft my Carcass Jack so I decided to start cashing in my Arch-Nemesis cards. I used the combo Assassin + Treant Horde + Rejuvenating + Gargantuan a few times. This combo makes all rewards currency and multiplies it by the minions and also rerolls it a few times. This turned out to be a good combo! what a fantastic system I love treasure piles :haw:

Using my new wealth I took another crack at 6-socketing my Carcass Jack, and this time I was lucky after 5 orbs! I was able to 5-link it and easily get the correct coloured sockets. The Carcass Jack has resistance on it so I didn't need to change anything about my gear, it was a straight upgrade. This makes a huge difference for Poison Concoction, the +area damage is obviously nice but the +Area effect makes the skill much better for bosses. The bottles are spread out, with the increased effect area it makes a lot more of the bottles hit the boss at the same time, their effect overlaps now. After trying it out it is a major upgrade :black101:

So of course I take another crack at my third ascendancy. This time I paid very close attention and entered a zen state. I was able to defeat Izaro easily with my new power and confidence! He took pity on my past failures and gave me three treasure keys, thanks Izaro. Of course I took the Withering Presence node, this gives me a great damage boost but more importantly the 60% chaos resist lets me use the best defense ever Auto Forbidden Taste :getin:

I trade for a 98% Forbidden taste (there was a 100% up but I missed it by mere minutes). I have a single Instilling Orb, will I be lucky again?!

:negative:

Looks like its back to maps for me, I need more orbs!

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Arch-nemesis League Update 6

I didn't feel like waiting until I naturally collect more Instilling Orbs so I spent my meager chaos on a few more orbs so I could give it another shot to automate my Forbidden Taste. This time I was successful! I used the remaining orbs to starting working on part two of my super combo. I am also going to be using The Overflowing Chalice! This flask gives a huge damage bonus, but more importantly it refills all my other flasks including the Forbidden Taste. The Forbidden taste refills my health automatically, and the Overflowing Chalice refills the Forbidden Taste making me INVINCIBLE. Ideally I would like to have the Overflowing Chalice trigger on "Used when you take a Savage Hit" or "Used when an adjacent Flask is used" but activating when I use my manual life flask is good enough for now!

I have found a lack of good nodes to take so I decided to trade for a cluster Jewel and start going off the grid. This Jewel is pretty good, gives me chaos damage and chaos resist. Once its filled out I can take some of the chaos resist off of my gear!

Here is my Atlas passives so far. I have been focusing on getting +1 Kirac mission per day first, because I can let those accumulate if I'm lazy. I managed to get up to yellow maps, so better mission are now accumulating for me. I should be able to get up to reds with no problem tomorrow. I have also started focusing on Ritual nodes. Why Ritual? Because this Poison Concoction build is soooo gooood for rituals. The monsters are packed very tightly and dense this means when I activate Plague Bearer I kill almost everything instantly, and because of Profane Bloom everything explodes which kills any larger enemies. Oh also killing so fast refills my Forbidden Taste so quickly I CAN'T DIE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kyf-taHa4g

TDS
Feb 17, 2021
I went for a Poison Conc build as well, though I'm Pathfinder. How are you finding the boss damage so far? I'm at T16s now and some enemies can take forever to kill, especially juiced up Essence mobs or Archnemesis spawns.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TDS posted:

I went for a Poison Conc build as well, though I'm Pathfinder. How are you finding the boss damage so far? I'm at T16s now and some enemies can take forever to kill, especially juiced up Essence mobs or Archnemesis spawns.

You have to be careful with the arch-nemesis monsters you pick some of them have a lot more HP, like those big spinning cage dudes. I usually don't have much of a problem with bosses if I can roll in on them with a full charge of Plague Bearer. Izaro however is really annoying because he forces you to fight him without any trash mobs first. I haven't done any Maven fights yet so I don't know if that will be annoying.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Arch-nemesis League Update 7

A small update today just to ensure you that I am still playing :v: The new atlas system is extremely fun, its very satisfying to be getting new passive points all the time. I have speced into mostly Ritual/Harvest/Kirac so far. I like Harvest because I can juice all my maps for free and get other random bonuses like gem quality or currencies. Its a little tedious to get taken out of the map so I might swap it out once I reach higher tiers and free juice isn't so important. Kirac is very important for getting new maps, but I'll ditch him later too I think. My main focus is RITUAL the best league ever and the one with the juiciest nodes. When you have the full Ritual set it makes the mechanic better than Ritual League! Three rerolls? Hell yes!

Mostly I want ritual because it can spit out Magebloods and Headhunters and Exalted Orbs and I love gambling like a degenerate. I haven't got an exalted orb yet so I haven't done a big gear upgrade. I also haven't done my final ascendancy, even though I think I could manage it and I have the offerings to try. I haven't really hit a wall yet so I'm just gonna wait until I get an Exalted orb before I try.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Feb 17, 2022

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Arch-nemesis League Update 8

I have yet to find any Exalted Orbs and now that I am pushing into red maps I am feeling the need for an upgrade anyway. I have a small budget so I spent what I have on a jewel and instead take a hard look at my build and learned things about PoE:airquote: I ditched a bunch of junk like wither totems, flame golem, Malevolence, and steelskin on left click and instead went with Withering Step on left click, Vitality, and Vaal Grace. I stole this from PoE ninja I don't know how defenses work in this game but it seemed to work! I also fixed up my passives and took some nodes that were better for me. It made a big difference and I'm now dying much less often! I bought a jewel that regenerates my flasks passively, and this turned out to be a major quality of life upgrade too

Second I cleaned up my atlas passive tree as well. The Harvest nodes were not really doing anything for me, I am not an advanced crafter and Kiric gives me enough Harvest to juice my maps for free. So I instead used the points for Strongbox. I watched a video about how broken good this combo is and it was immediately obvious I made the correct decision! Every single area has a juicy box, and when there are multiple they are all rare too! Strong Boxes are really easy for my build to defeat, with Plague Bearer and Profane Bloom I don't even need to fight them they are just free loot :v:

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Just so you're aware, you can put flasks in the crafting bench and use I think two instilling orbs to add the mod of your choice

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Galick posted:

Just so you're aware, you can put flasks in the crafting bench and use I think two instilling orbs to add the mod of your choice

:eyepop:
I've wasted so many instilling orbs! Oh this changes everything my potions are gonna be so much better now

TDS
Feb 17, 2021
It's actually 5 Instilling Orbs, quite pricy at the start at least, but yeah. Much easier to get the trigger you need that way.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Arch-nemesis League Update 9

It finally happened! :haw: Was it one of my carefully crafted Rituals? Nope, I found this exalted orb in the pockets of a filthy normal monster. This means its upgrade time!! I was able to exchange the orb for 125 chaos, which is a pretty good ratio. First off I automated my Overflowing Chalice, this makes it much more useful as it is constantly filling and refilling my other flasks. I never run out of belt juice any more.

My second upgrade was a new shield Invictus Solaris. This is a great shield that gives my curse auras +2 but more importantly makes me immune to Ignite and also absorbs the first 1000 fire damage I take from any hits. Very handy considering I'm already immune to Freeze from my ring.

Third I picked up some Atziri's step boots. This are actually a bit slower than my previous boots (due to an enchant that gave them +10% move) but they give lots of Life and Evasion and Spell Suppression. I don't know what those do exactly but I think they prevent me from dying!

Fourth upgrade is a helmet. It has great +life and resists but more importantly it is enchanted to give my Poison Concoction even more area of effect :twisted:

Fifth upgrade is this very stylish amulet. The new stat here is +1 level to all chaos gems. Poison Concoction is very heavily scaled with gem level so this is great (I also have a level 21 corrupted gem). This amulet also has Hexmaster on it, which really increased the area of effect of my cursing aura

Sixth upgrade is a pair of new jewels. These give me a few nice things. Phasing on Kill is fantastic I love to phase and with Forbidden Taste and Withering Step my character is basically never on the material plane. The jewels also have some life, resists and %chance to avoid being shocked and bleed. I'm not immune to them like Freeze and Ignite, but I have a fighting chance to avoid it. Most importantly one of these jewels gives 2% reservation efficiency. It might not sound like much, but the next upgrade makes it vital :v:

And the final upgrade I finally got around to fighting Izaro and getting my last ascendancy. I of course picked Malediction. This gives a few nice bonuses, but its primary bonus is a second curse! I do not have a lot of mana left to reserve, but with 5 auras my efficiency makes it work out. I pick Temporal Chains as my second aura, making all monsters very slow! With all 5 auras on I only have 68 mana left :v: But I regenerate mana so fast it doesn't matter I can spam any skills I use anyway!

I am continuing to fill out my atlas passive tree. Its a lot easier now with my upgrades I can take on red maps without dying at all. I have decided that I want to focus on Alva missions in addition to Ritual. The bonuses to Alva are actually quite potent if you look them over. The missions are also really easy with Plague Bearer, and I find the system interesting. I want to figure out how to make double corrupts and stuff!

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Feb 19, 2022

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Arch-nemesis League Update 10

I've been continuing to plug away at my atlas, and I am about 2/3rds finished now! I have started to attract the attention of some elder being even beyond the Maven :ohdear: One of them sent me an invitation to their realm to fight! It didn't go well
:negative:

I did a major respec of my atlas passive tree. I was able to make a more efficient path to the Alva nodes and as a result I was able to invest in some Delirium nodes. I am focusing on grabbing all the node that give me "+% Chance for free Alva mission on map completion" and I'm ignoring all the nodes that enhance Alva missions for now. My plan is to save up the missions and do them all once I have the enhancement nodes unlocked. For Delirium I did the same thing, I focused on the nodes that give me a chance to see mirrors, rather than the nodes that make the mirrors better (for now).

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Feb 22, 2022

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Arch-nemesis League Update 11

I found out that if you fail you can do the boss fight over again after attempting a single influenced map. Thats a nice change from the Conquers and Sirus! Anyway I was thinking on ways to improve my build so I could beat the black star and I though "hmm maybe...." and I pressed "/passives" This brought up all the passive points I was missing from the campaign :doh: I collected the 6 passive points I was missing and invested in Spell Suppress Mastery. I watched a video and apparently this is very good! I now have nearly 100% chance to suppress every spell, and Black star casts a friggen lot of spells!

So I take another crack at Black Star. With my new suppression and learning the patterns a bit better I am able to win! Take that elder being! I didn't get any watch stone though :(

I was able to get an invitation from some very hungry boi on the other side of the atlas too. I was able to kill this guy in one try. I died a few times, but it was only because I don't really understand how the mud phase works so I'm gonna have to watch a video. Lucky for me when you die it ends :v:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Arch-nemesis League Update 12

I am a brain genius!

I had no idea I was doing this but I created a potent super-combo with my atlas. I finally got around to filling out the Alva bonus nodes so I decided to try out a few of her accumulating missions. On the first one I tried I also lucked into getting a Delirium Mirror and I realized the combo I had created...... I have Bonus to Delirium Time, Bonus to Alva monsters, and bonus to Alva time. All of these things work together! Deliriums slow down for you when doing Alvas incursions, and they are full of blue tier monsters that give tones of reward points. I haven't manged to get a Ritual and Delirium at the same time but I imagine they would stack the same way. I think I can make this happen every time with Delirium Orbs :twisted:

Here is the tree so you can copy my super combo for yourself. I'm gonna get rid of the Kirac once I get some watch stones, hes not really useful to me because he doesn't have my bonuses:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Arch-nemesis League Update 13

I suppose I should say something about the arch-nemesis league mechanic now that I'm familiar with it and they added the recipe finder. I have to say its....ok. It for sure shits out a lot of treasure but its kind of annoying to manage all the aspects (even with the recipe finder). I have got myself into a kind of strategy that involves a few steps:
1) make as many Treant Horde as possible
2) make as many Mirror Image as possible
3) Combine them for LOTS OF SCARABS
4) Run the scarabs for maximum profit
This strategy has been working out quite well. Today I found another Exalted Orb :haw:

So I had to do another upgrade, but they are getting harder at this point. I still have some easy areas I can focus on though. First I grabbed a Ashes of the Stars. This amulet is absurd and I've wanted it all league, but last week it cost 1.5 exalted orbs. But prices are much better so this one only cost me 50 chaos, and it has really good rolls. This is a big improvement over my +1 chaos amulet as this applies to all gems, and it also boosts their quality which is nuts. The reservation efficiency is welcome considering I have 5 auras on at all times :v: I had to upgrade my belt to use the new amulet, as my old one was giving me a lot of strength:

I also picked up a new cluster jewel that gives me a few good skill that I saw on PoE Ninja

When looking over my gems to see if I could do an upgrade I also....replaced Volley Support with Greater Volley Support. I could have done this in like act 6 but I forgot lol I'm so bad at this game

Finally after doing all that I managed to complete a challenge! I wasn't even trying to complete any of them yet just playing for fun so this is a good sign :v: I have a really sold character this league I should be able to get a lot of challenges this time, maybe even beat Sirus! For this challenge I won a "Ice Effect". I put it on, can you tell? I have 5 other auras and a fire shield effect and potion effects.
What a tasteful game, how elegant

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Feb 24, 2022

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Arch-nemesis League Update 14

:haw:
I take back what I said about arch-nemesis it is a very good system and totally worth the trouble to manage all the stupid aspects!

Another upgrade time! This time I focused mostly on my gems. First off I bought some oils so that I could enchant my Ashes of the Stars with Hexmaster. The Hex-range buff makes a big difference because it is the range of my Profane Bloom. Hexmaster makes me able to hit the whole screen :black101: Second I bought Divergent Herald of Agony and Anomalous Withering step as I heard from somewhere this is good for poisons! These combo well with the Ashes of the Stars quality bonus. I also got Awakened Vicious Projectiles Support and Awakened Unbound Ailments Support. These are just straight upgrades, but they are a bit pricey so I waited until now to get them. Finally I bought a bunch of maps because I'm tired of Kiracs bullshit

I have nearly filled out the Atlas Passive Tree. I only need a few more rare maps and some Maven fight to finish it off. I'm going to ditch Kirac soon but I don't know what to take in his place so I'm leaving him there for now. You can see my progress in the Official Kiracs Vault Battle Pass™. I'm sure gonna spend $30 bucks on this now what a bargain :v:

I have a few more obvious upgrades to obtain. I still need a 6-link Carcass Jack and a Awakened Void Manipulation Support but both of those are more than and Exalted Orb each. There might be fancier rares I could get too, I donno but those are the obvious upgrades I could still get.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Feb 26, 2022

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Arch-nemesis League Update 15

I'm going further in this league than any other league I have played before! I usually get bored or frustrated by this time and give up until next league but this time I have a very solid character and the new atlas system really keeps me coming back. I have nearly all atlas passives unlocked now, only a few unique maps are missing. In order to find these maps I took the Planar Tactician node. This should make Kirac a little more useful, and once I get the final nodes I'm switching over to Scarab Mastery

I found a map with a Constrictor Elder boss so I fought that and managed to beat it, unlocking a favored map slot. I've only killed a few elder bosses before so this is new stuff to me!

I also got an invite to the Searing Exarch fight! I have a fire shield this should be a cake walk eh? lol no INCINERATION

I learned this guys patterns, its a fairly fair fight and I think I'll get him next time. I just died a few times before I realized what I have to watch out for. I really appreciate they give you quick retries.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Arch-nemesis League Update 16

I don't have anywhere else to go, I've reached the top of the atlas so it looks like I'm gonna have to take on this flaming exarch guy! It only takes a single T16 map to fight him again once you get the first invitation so I was able to easily farm up another few attempts. Should be easy now that I can practice eh? lol no ANNIHILATION

This guy is pretty tough, but I'm sure that I can beat him! Every time I fight him I get him closer to death. I decide to reconfigure my gems setup once again, and hopefully for the finale time. I replace the Voidsphere in my Cast When Damage Taken setup with Molten Shell. I also replace my auto Jade Flask with an auto Granite Flask. I already have a lot of Evasion but i don't have any armor so I think this will give me a good defensive boost. I replaced the Decoy Totem with a manual Void Sphere. I was using the totem as a distraction for bosses and stuff but the void sphere works better for that anyway :v:

I went out and did a few easy maps to test my new setup and found it superior. I beat the Constrictor Elder boss again and got his token. I used harvest to swap it for a different token, so I'm now half way to fighting the super elder :ohdear:

I figured out a more efficient method for doing arch-nemesis. I was trying to save up for every recipe at once and this was just tedious, so I decided to focus on a few specific ones and just dumpster any tokens that are not on my list. All I care about is juicy scarabs, I don't want to craft the big boy recipes. This way everything I care about is highlighted, so I can just use up the dark aspects freely without thinking about them:

So I decide to take one more crack at the Searing rear end in a top hat for the night. This time I remove my Plague Bearer gem before the fight, as I never use it and i noticed it drains some of my damage. This time I manage to do it, with two portals to spare :haw: The fireball round is basically impossible but I can kill him fast enough that I only need to die to 3-4 fireball rounds. Otherwise he telegraphs all of his moves a mile away:

And this guy finally dropped a WATCHSTONE! I guess with only four they want you to really work for it. I think I should be able to beat the eater of worlds, if he isn't much harder than this Exarch guy. I've seen people fight Maven in videos, I think I could do that maybe? We will see!

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 2, 2022

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks GGG great new patch you got there

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Arch-nemesis League Update 17

I fixed my filter and managed to make some good progress today! First off I decided to do a major rejigging of my atlas passives tree. Kirac has been ghosted! He was gabbling up lots of points so I was able to take a bunch of smaller nodes. I took this Vaal Side Area Mastery, it sounds fun and I want to try doing the Atzari fights. I also took a small Harvest node that I was close to. It gives me +3% chance for a Grove, which is just enough for my taste. I also grabbed SCARAB MASTERY. This node is extremely useful, because scarabs are basically all missions. And I have tones of saved up scarabs. I was waiting until I got to T16 maps, so I didn't waste them!

I also found an invitation to the second pinnacle boss, the Eater of worlds. This guy is much easier than the Searing Exarch, basically a joke fight. I beat him easily in one try and the Maven called him Impotent. lol that must sting for a tentacle monster. I have two more watch stones that I can obtain. I think I can do the Maven fight, but the Uber Elder is apparently very challenging so I donno if your gonna see me win that one. You might see me fail once or twice though, stay tuned!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Arch-nemesis League Update 18

Having beaten the two pinnacle bosses I am now at the top of my loot making game. Every map I run is juiced in multiple different way. Let me give you an example. This map is rare and has a enchantment that gives it an extra Vaal side area in addition I am juicing it with:
-Two sextants giving a Blight and A Smugglers Cache
-Three scarabs giving a Metamorph, Breach, and Legion encounter
-Searing Exarch Influence
-Three Alva Missions
-Zana Craft giving +4 strong boxes (this stacks with my strongbox modifiers)
I also found four rituals and a Sacred Grove on this map just from luck! Doing maps like this takes all of my portals just from the loot volume I need to bring back
:v:

Doing my super juiced maps I finally reached level 90! This unlocked a challenge so I decided to start doing the challenges now. I don't have any more atlas progress or bosses to beat so I'll finish up the challenges. For level 90 I socketed a Watchers Eye, this is a pretty good one for me it gives spell suppression (and it also completes a challenge :v:) I did a few more easy challenges and earned the Archnemesis Totem. I put the totem next to Tane and my Metamorph Totem. I don't think I'll do all the challenges But I will at least earn the next one the Weapon Skin at 24. I donno if I can get farther than that, we will see!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Arch-nemesis League Final Update

I decided to log in today and finish up the last challenges to get my reward. My character is as powerful as she will reasonably become, so I'm just collecting cosmetics for next league at this point! But before I did that I cashed in all my gambling expedition coins and all of my Stacked Decks and divination cards. I didn't get any Mirrors or Magebloods :(

I only needed two challenges for the weapon effect so the first one I completed was the Unique Maps challenge. I had saved up a number of Kiric scouting reports so I burned through them like I'm some kind of rich guy and found the two unique maps I was missing. One of the maps has some weird pillars that you have to dash between, it was very annoying and I hope this map goes away:

For the final "challenge" I just used all of eldritch crafting junk I have been saving up. I never used any of this because all of my slots are full of unique items lol

For all my efforts I gained the Archnemesis Weapon! I can't show it to you because Poison Concoction doesn't carry a weapon. See you next league! :v:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Arch-nemesis League NEWGAME+

:thunk:
A wedding gift....Does she like 40 Skeleton Mages?! :twisted:

Hello everyone and welcome to the Arch-Nemesis league bonus newgame+ content! I have for the first time decided to make a second character. This league was really really fun and I want to finish all the content this time. Unfortunately for me Poison Concoction is very bad at killing bosses. You know what's really good at killing bosses? Skeleton Mages! So I have been running through the game a second time leveling up Meriblack the Necromancer. At the moment she is wearing a collection of random uniques I had laying around. Once I get to maps I will buy her some proper equipment. I have been following the POE ninja heatmap, and this build seems to focus on armor and blocking so I am doing that a bit too:

Here is her passive tree so far:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1513992235452272642
"The scope of the expansion is a little smaller than Siege of the Atlas"
:thunk:
Yeah right! This is so understated it may as well be a parody. Chris has said multiple times he gets giddy dropping major content as a huge surprise. Path of Exile 2 may 13th confirmed!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Arch-nemesis League NEWGAME+ Part 2

The rest of the acts were almost a joke. Not only are skeleton mages absurdly good at killing bosses they also have really great clear speed! You don't get the satisfying "pop" like with poison concoction but they die pretty much as quickly. It feels a lot like playing Forbidden Rite totems, but even more broken than that :twisted: Fighting Kitava wasn't even fair

After beating the tutorial in record time (it only took a few hours really, I have a new appreciation for how quickly this game can be beaten) Merriblack was washed up on the shores and recruited into Kiracs planar army!

I needed an upgrade to fix my resists again, so I bought a few items and dipped into my vast wealth for others. First off I traded for this Fleshcrafter. From my look at the PoE heat-map this chest-piece is basically essential for Skeleton Mages. My guess is because of the resistance bypass. I cleaned it up with some currency and gave it a 5-link using a harvest craft I had saved up!

I got a new ring and set of gloves which I cleaned up with some currency and crafted +life onto them:

I grabbed Ashes of the Stars off of my old character and changed the anointment from Hexmaster to Cloth and Chain. I already get a lot of free resists and this will make it even easier to going forward. My resists are 100+% now (capped at 75%) :v: This means I can ditch gear when I want to use some weird uniques later

I also made this triggering wand using a Jun craft I has already obtained. I put Desecrate + Bone Offering into this wand so that it triggers automatically when I cast Summon Skeletons so it is buffing at all times! The wand itself is quite lovely and needs to be upgraded later:

Finally I got caught up on a little light reading :v:

I added some Specters to my defenses. These guys come from Act 5 and they give you something called Proximity Shield. This makes you immune from ranged attacks if you are in their little bubble. When I combine this with Meatshield Support they always stay close to me and protect me along with my zombie horde!

After this I did some calculations and found that the maximum level monsters I could fight without XP penalty were in tier 10 maps. So tried a tier 10 map as my first run and it was easy peasy :v: I have skipped from act ten to tier ten maps. I tried a juiced map and it was fine too. Its really fun to level up fast in maps lol

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Apr 17, 2022

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
I saw your thread bump and know what some of these words mean.

I'm building this necro thing and it was insanely natural until I rebuilt to some https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ultimate-raise-spectre-necromancer-build-guide

blech

I was rolling skellingtons and spectres pushed on the six slot blank armor. And trap spam and my old favorite flame wall.

Respecced to that because I wanted to have something towards late game. Took the wind out of my sails though. Spamming flame wall is not in the recipe. (don't read that poe vault stuff unless you hate fun)

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I'm building this necro thing and it was insanely natural until I rebuilt to some https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ultimate-raise-spectre-necromancer-build-guide

blech

I was rolling skellingtons and spectres pushed on the six slot blank armor. And trap spam and my old favorite flame wall.

Respecced to that because I wanted to have something towards late game. Took the wind out of my sails though. Spamming flame wall is not in the recipe. (don't read that poe vault stuff unless you hate fun)

Oh man this sounds awful but I've been using Path of Building and reddit.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

blech

Those builds are for people that
1) want to play 10,000 hours at end game
2) don't want to push more than one button

Playing them tends to be boring because you just hit the one button over and over. But you kind of need that to deal with the "top end" content. That being said your not gonna be able to combine flamewall and minions that's ridiculous lol :v: There are tons of different kinds of minions and some of them feel like spells. If you are doing minions you should only have minions, because all your bonuses apply to them

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Rutibex posted:

1) want to play 10,000 hours at end game

Playing them tends to be boring because you just hit the one button over and over. But you kind of need that to deal with the "top end" content. That being said your not gonna be able to combine flamewall and minions that's ridiculous lol :v: There are tons of different kinds of minions and some of them feel like spells. If you are doing minions you should only have minions, because all your bonuses apply to them

Yeah so what I was trying (poorly) to convey was I got a couple tabula rasa armors early on and used one for minions and minion supports. That left me with a bunch of empty slots in wand/shield/helm/etc so I just put flame wall with some supports on one. The spectres and zombies and skeletons didn't actually get much use even though I was building towards them with passives like a good player. I needed guidance on the passive tree and obviously can make adjustments to gear and gems as I go on.

In order to start following this guide I had to separate out the minions which led to needing multiple copies of minion support gems and fewer free slots for whatever.

No passives were wasted supporting elemental attacks.

e: like everything tabula rasa is a blessing and a curse and I was glad to get rid of it for armor that actually supports evasion and energy shield instead of nothing

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rutibex posted:

No, they're not. Between Convocation, Flame Dash, Bone Barrier, Bone/Flesh Offering, Desecrate, Enduring Cry, Brand + Curse, Vaal Haste and the need to have Raise Zombies available for when they inevitably die, You have 9 skills to juggle with before auras take skill slots. You can reduce it to 7 by making desecrate offering part of spell trigger on the wand, and skip bone barrier for a cwdt setup, but you're still left with self-casting brands to set targets, convocation as part of a rotation that's also needed to save your minions from dying, self-cast enduring cry because EC is not a spell so it cannot be triggered, vaal haste, and awareness to keep zombies up in fights where they're dying. Plus Focus on top of all that if you're playing HC. If spectres are used for support you also min-max their shouts with convocation which is another beast entirely. If your minions deal cold damage you might also want to use a self-cast source of exposure.

If you only want to push one button there are endless other builds that do that more efficiently.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Apr 27, 2022

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
You have invaded my very sanctum. I should be furious, and yet... I feel nothing

I guess I'm gonna have to beat a real boss before league end if actual good PoE players are reading my thread. I've only got a few days left! :ohdear:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Arch-nemesis League NEWGAME+ Part 3

The Maven has challenged me to provide her with longer and more pleasurable combats, so I am obligated to oblige! :ohdear: I have beaten most of the Maven fights but I still have the final 16-at-once gently caress you fight to complete as well as the "all super bosses" and "Maven attacks you herself" fights. I should be able to finish a simple boss rush with my specialized boss killer, that's what its for! So I get to work warming up the Maven for the big show. As its time to start taking things more seriously so I invest in crafting some much better flasks. These are now automated and get rid of status aliments (my old ones were not even enchanted :v:). I also picked up a stone Golem to ramp up life regeneration. I also grabbed Snipers Mark to enhance boss damage. And finally I equipped Zealotry and combined it with Generosity Support to give my skeleton mages a boost

During my quest to fill up the Mavens slots I was lucky enough to find another Exalted Orb :haw: I quickly traded this for some Chaos Orbs then traded those orbs for a shiny new ring and helmet. This are not super impressive looking, but they give me a bunch of Chaos Resistance. Enough to max it out, and allow me to deploy the best defensive layer ever, Automated Forbidden Taste! :getin:

Finally I reached the level needed for the last ascendancy. I took out Izaro without too much trouble. I wonder what that ominous message means Izaro :thunk:

Alright its time! Now I will fight the boss gauntlet and show off how powerful this build really is! You've never seen a build like this Maven :smug:

:negative::flaccid:

See you May 13th for Sentinel league!

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Apr 28, 2022

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
What the hell is this?! This new league looks like poo poo did they come up with this in an afternoon? Lol come on GGG this is sad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZqjpVjCcdM

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I have resigned myself to playing this copy/paste league (its not fair GGG I was loyal I never played Elvin ring :argh:). In order to make it interesting I am giving myself a CHALLENGE! I'm gonna BEAT SIRUS and I'm gonna do it SOLO SELF FOUND :ohdear:

In order to do this I'm gonna have to stop loving around and do an actual good build. I checked out PoE ninja for the top SSF builds. I found for the Witch my best options were Skeleton Mages or Detonate dead. Now I wasn't born yesterday so I know that Skeleton Mages requires a special unique jewel that will require a billion hours of grinding. So I'm going with Detonate Dead! This skill seems to have no unique requirements, making its ideal for my purposes. Its also apparently quite good at killing bosses. I downloaded a heatmap of the top builds that I will use as a skill guide.

I will have to use all of my accumulated knowledge of PoE crafting to make my own items this time. No longer can I just trade for some good resists gear as soon as I find a singe Exalted Orb. I'm gonna have to use a lot of harvest crafting or something, I donno I will figure it out! I found a good guide for this build so I should know what I'm doing, maybe?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e11Zi5AZYd8

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Arch-nemesis League Newgame++ Update 1

I'm gonna call this league Arch Nemesis League because that what it is. Every monster is now arch nemesis, and there is gently caress all as far as another league mechanic! Well there is this sentinel thing but it is extreme weak sauce and I have been ignoring it! Maybe I'll post about it when GGG buffs it to be worth my time. Most often I just forget to hit the button :shrug:

I began leveling up using the skill Spark (aka Charged Bolt). This worked out well up until act two:

In act two I was able to pick up Desecrate and Detonate Dead so I switched over. This play style was kind of tedious but I muddled through! You have to create corpses exactly in the right spot and it can get annoying with monsters that move fast

In act 3 I was able to find a skill called Spellslinger. This allowed me to combo Desecrate and Detonate Dead into a single attack. It was kind of wasteful but it was more effective than casting them seperatly:

But things really came together for me when I found out there are more than one "corpse explosion" skill! I found the fantastic Violate Dead and switched that over. I also put Scorching Ray into a 4-link combo. The Violate Dead skill makes a bigger explosion and it creates these homing fireballs, its kind of like Summon Raging Spirits. It clears out trash monsters very quickly. The scorching ray is great for bosses who stand in one place. This combo is likely very dumb but its fun and it works great for now :v: I was able to kill Dominus without any deaths

These are my passives so far. Mostly focusing on life and Fire Damage:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I apologize for my lack of updates, but I found Sentinel League very boring and I did not even complete the acts. I have regained my confidence and I will return for the new Lake League being released later today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2xhfch5kV4

Its an interesting league mechanic. This seems to be like the long forgotten "Synthesis" league, which I never got to try. I'm interested to try this! They have done a lot of "balancing" to the skills and apparently minions are nerfed and stupid and terrible now. However a lot of people are talking about Animated Weapons. This is one of my signature builds so I can not allow this league to pass me by. Animated Weapons is one of the best and strongest skills in the game, and anyone who says its annoying to use is just factually wrong! :haibrow:

I will be using a version of this Poisoned Animated Weapons :ohdear:
https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/animate-weapon-necromancer-build-guide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l66W4X7exvc

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 19, 2022

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Kalandra League Update 1

I have been off to a good start on Kalandra League and I have to say I am impressed so far! Animated Weapons has been performing even better than expected. After a few leagues in a row "casting spells" its nice to have a cloud of minions just kill everything. They are a bit slow, but they always get everything eventually. Oak was a breeze, which isn't usually the case. But anyway lets get to the new league mechanic!

These pillars show up in every map. Each pillar give you access to a game board and three choices to modify the board in some way. Each of these tiles is some kind of challenge, like a pack of monsters or some strong boxes or whatever. Once you have found enough pillars to fill up the whole board you can create a portal and run it as a map. Kind of like a custom Heist or Vaal side area or something. There is a strategy to picking which challenges go in each area. The further from the entrance the challenge is placed the more rewarding it is, so you want the best challenges at the end. But you only get three choices, and you don't know which ones are coming up. Also there are special choices, like swapping tiles or moving the entrance around. This makes it quite strategic, but also fast! I'm really enjoying this little puzzle and it feels like a system someone put a bit of thought into, not just an excuse to beta test some other system (the last two leagues :argh:) I really hope it becomes permanent.

Once inside the mirror realm you just need to beat some monsters and a bonus chest will appear in each tile. I found a lot of essences early on, it has been quite useful!

What is this, plot?! Yes it seems like there is also some lore in this league! Kaladra herself shows up and she seems like shes trapped here. She is some kind of big bird lady! She also seems to think my coming here intentionally is a really dumb idea. lol Kaladra if you only knew the planes of existence I've visited..... When Kaladra shows up she gives you a special mirror ring reward. So far its been underwhelming (ive been using essences to make rings)

This is my passive tree so far. I did a bit of a gear upgrade at the end of act 1 so I have some resists

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Aug 20, 2022

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Kalandra League Update 2

I have to say I am really enjoying this new league mechanic! Filling out the little map is always a fun puzzle, and as I have progressed into later acts much more interesting choices are starting to come up. One time I was given the choice to place a Delirium Mirror! You also start to see larger maps, and multiple choices. There seems to be a bunch of different kinds of league mechanics in this lake thing. It feels like a very complete system, I'm betting its going to stay. I also found a few more Kalandra Lores. She seems to be trapped in time or something. She talks about seeing humanity evolve from nothing, and also she doesn't like gods so maybe shes some kind of primordial? She really doesn't like Essences for some reason?

I am coming along nicely using Poisoned Animated Weapons. I've made it to act 8 so far and I have done a number of gear upgrades. I am using Animated Weapons + Chance to Poison Support and Bladefall + Hextouch + Despair this lets me curse enemies with my blades than animate them to poison. I also have have Wither + Totems + Multi Totems. The clearing speed is a bit slow, but bosses die very quickly. The Animated Weapons hit very fast and stack up tons of poison on the bosses. I had zero trouble with Malacai or Brine King or Kitava! Here is my passive tree so far. I'll post more about my equipment when I reach maps and its worth talking about :

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Aug 21, 2022

Girl Drink Drunk
Jan 2, 2007

"Well it's really quite simple Russ. You simply take twelve large strawberries chopped, three ounces of dark rum and a..."
I don't know if I can come back to this game, but I'm glad that it's still thriving. Chris Wilson and the rest of GGG seem like good people and their monetization scheme seemed fair when I regularly played. Something from the thread's fifth post jogged my memory.

Rutibex posted:

... Your character was caught doing magic and your house was burned down by a mob. You retaliated and were caught. But instead of being burned as a Witch (I only play as the Witch, don't ask me about the other characters :v:) you are exiled for some reason. ...

There's something about the lore where Oriath was against capital punishment. Heck if I remember why, the backstory was impressively deep for an action RPG.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Girl Drink Drunk posted:

I don't know if I can come back to this game, but I'm glad that it's still thriving. Chris Wilson and the rest of GGG seem like good people and their monetization scheme seemed fair when I regularly played. Something from the thread's fifth post jogged my memory.

There's something about the lore where Oriath was against capital punishment. Heck if I remember why, the backstory was impressively deep for an action RPG.

Yeah, the lore and the soundtrack are two of the biggest draws for me to PoE :v: I had no idea they actually explained why you are exiled, the witch makes a few off hand comments during that game that seem like a lot of her friends were executed for witchcraft. And Piety implies quite a few times that she personally sent for you, because she wanted you for her experiments. Apparently the other character classes get more generic lines out of Piety, which just confirms to me that the Witch is the unofficial protagonist.

Speaking of the soundtrack I love the newest one. The weird dolphin sounds are scary :ohdear:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWlkQqOVrXE

Edit: wait the dolphin sounds are not part of the soundtrack?! What is that

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Aug 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Kalandra League Update 3

I have reached maps! I will make a post about my character development later (once I buy my map gear :haw:) but for now I have some things to say about the new league mechanic. First of all I have discovered that distance from the entrance point makes a huge difference in loot. You want to make a winding snake so that your end tile is as far away as possible! Here are some examples of good layouts:

and a bad layout

The most Important feature I found was the re-rolls and Tiles Exiles. These are little options at the bottom. At first I assumed they were consumable so I didn't touch them. But it turns out they regenerate every time you have a new tablet. They allow you to exile certain types of tiles from the selection deck, which makes the remaining pool of potential cards much more valuable. It also has two kinds of re-roll options, these are great if you don't get a special card from your draw

If you put the special tiles near the end you can get a lot of really great loot! This is from act 1-10, I haven't even reached maps yet and I have more essences than I know what to do with :v:

But once you reach the very end you have to deal with a lot of those stupid Arch-nemesis bosses. These things are 10x harder than Kitava I don't know what GGG was thinking. I'm having a fine time though because Animated Weapons are very cheesy and I can abuse the geometry of the lake areas to kill these things slow and steady! If I was playing a skill where I actually have to fight these things it would be a nightmare

I've encountered more Kalandra lore. She seems to be getting gradually more sinister the more I read these things. How surprising lol