Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

The idea that women only get mad at him because of periods unless they don't have periods in which case they could be angry at any time is the most biotruthy biotruth I've heard.

What if he was on the cusp of understanding that women are also people and have their own internal monologues and feelings and they can get angry at any time like anyone else, same with feeling sad or any other emotion

He wasn’t on the cusp of realizing that, but imagine if he was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A vampire who dates a woman for easy blood access has a right to be upset

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

captainOrbital posted:

Didn't she have a Cradle of Filth shirt?

Only if it's the Nun Shirt.

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
I went to my grandmother's funeral with an afro that was dyed to look like a pool ball and there were no issues.

Hell, as one of my aunts said, she wouldn't have cared when she was alive, she cares even less now.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I will say I think kicking her out was an overreaction given it's her own dad's funeral, it's not like she's a distant relative or someone's plus one. Seems like it was the final straw for her mother and sister after she's shown up to literally every event like this, but that combined with 'she's not close with either of her parents or her sister' makes me think there's deeper family dynamics going on that we literally don't have the information on.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

JackSplater posted:

There's a google doc with a bunch of stories in it in the first post in this thread.

You know I think a true Pete like the original here, is one who didn't make the post themselves but the person they dumped made the post.

Petes posting their own Ws are also Petes and treasures, but this is a real rarity.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
A cute comment I read somewhere:

quote:

"My brother (who is eight right now, obviously Gen Alpha) came home and told me that ONE OF HIS CLASSMATES BROUGHT A VAPE TO SCHOOL."

"The teacher confiscated it, of course. Keep in mind, this classmate comes from an upper-class family; his dad is a doctor, and his mom is a chemist. I couldn't believe it! How is an 8-year-old, A THRID GRADER, bringing a nicotine device to school?? I pray he gets better or something cause that's wild."
From several pages ago, but this made me snort-laugh at how much has changed since I was in third grade. I remember a friend of mine in high talking about how happy she was when she got out of fifth grade and the bad kids at the nearby middle school let her smoke with them.

Anyway, let's get some more discussion fodder in this thread.

b]Found out that my husband sleeps with his ex wife from time to time to prevent her from dating
[/b]

quote:

I just want to lie down in a fetal position and cry. We have been married for two years. Two happy years, until I stumbled upon an email from her that said that she didn’t want to do this anymore because she wanted to find love and meet other men. He answered her that he loved her more than anything even more than the children (they have three) and that he would give her all the sex she wanted. Then he went on about how it was safer for her not to let in strangers into her home. She said that she was done. He asked her to marry him. She told him that she didn’t want him back as a husband. He said he loved her.

Now I know why he refuses to have shared custody with her and would rather pay 4500 in child support instead. So she doesn’t have time to date.

I am so heartbroken. I feel like trash. Why is he doing this

quote:

op has admitted in a comment to having an affair with her now husband. She feels like trash because she is trash.

AITA for filming my wife while she got stung by bees?

quote:

My wife and I were enjoying some beautiful spring weather today out on our deck. I was sitting in the sun reading a novel, while my wife was tending to her flower garden. We were having a great time, but suddenly my wife started yelling out in pain.

I looked up and saw her running across our lawn and swatting. It was clear that she was being stung by bees. I wasn't going to go over there, since I didn't also want to be stung, so I sat at a safe distance on the deck. After a few seconds of watching this, though, it became sort of humorous to me. My wife was running in circles and looked ridiculous. I grabbed my smartphone and started to record her. She finally ran to the gate, removed her clothes in the garage, and went straight into the shower. I went into the bathroom and asked her how many times she'd been stung. She said "I think 10." I know she's not allergic, so there would be no point in offering any Benadryl.

After showering, my wife took a nap. As she slept, my 15-year-old son got home from a friend's house. I showed him the video I had taken because I thought he would find it entertaining, but he wasn't laughing and instead seemed concerned and angry at me. I assured him that I made sure she was okay, but he called me "a jackass" and said that he was going to tell my wife when she woke up. Well, he told her, and now neither one of them will hang out with me. I've tried to joke about the experience by making buzzing noises near my wife, but she just sighs and goes into another room. It's important to be able to laugh at yourself, but she's taking things so seriously. I just want them to stop being so dramatic and judgemental of me. This treatment just sucks. AITA?

r/relationships: I've tried to joke about the experience by making buzzing noises

WIBTA if I tried to find her and let her know her actions had horrible consequences?

quote:

I work for TSA (yes, I know you guys don't like us much, but you should know, we are people just like you.

This story made me sad because it happened to one of my colleagues, who is the most genuinely caring and heartwarming human I have ever met. He cares for his grandmother by himself, he is barely 20, and he was homeschooled most of his life (which partially explains his lack of experience and naiveté).

Paul (not his name) was document checking a few weeks ago. He is very nice and so upbeat and positive. The kid you want your daughter to date. So he was document checking and this young woman came through and they just hit it off like he always does and there was smiling and laughter, and throwing some hair around, and so on but in the end, she had to go on to her plane and there he was left with a hint of wonder SO we don't flirt with passengers. We should not remember your names and look you up on social media either. But that's what just happened. Paul did the unthinkable. He "Googled" her name and found her Instagram account. And I so understand why! Because before social media we used to have "missed connections" on Craigslist (and before Craigslist we used to have it in the actual bloody newspaper! I swear you guys are really missing out on so much! There used to be mystery and wonder! .... Anyway, he found her account (public account with a couple hundred followers!!!) and messaged her. He told her who he was and respectfully asked if she wanted to communicate with him. Unfortunately, he was honest and completely truthful. Big mistake

Yes, it is bad that he did that. He is a kid. He lacks experience and he took her friendliness as a permission to follow up. She did not reply. She went straight to TSA and had him fired. Had him canceled. Ruined his career and possibly / probably his future job prospects. And this is what I don't understand. Why can't we make mistakes anymore without it being detrimental to our futures? Why could she not communicate with him? She could have told him how inappropriate his actions were and that she never ever wanted to hear from him. Right? Or just tell him to Duck Off. Or just ignore him, right? And if he persisted, she could have taken it to TSA. But no. She chose to ruin him right awAay. I wonder if she thought about what will happen to him. I wonder if it mattered to her at all. I wonder why. She has a public Instagram account with hundreds of followers. She definitely wants attention. I wonder if another person's life matters to her at all or the only thing matters is that she gets attention.

I wonder if I would be the A-hole if I found her and let her know how she ruined someone's life for attention. How herself importance might just caused someone to lose a lot, a livelihood, a career, faith and trust in human interactions. I would tell her how she broke something, and it cannot be fixed anymore.

I wonder if people like her feel anything at all...

:aaa:

mystes
May 31, 2006

trickybiscuits posted:

Found out that my husband sleeps with his ex wife from time to time to prevent her from dating

r/relationships: I've tried to joke about the experience by making buzzing noises

WIBTA if I tried to find her and let her know her actions had horrible consequences?

holy gently caress these are all insane

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

trickybiscuits posted:

I got to the fourth word and assumed it was going to be a clear YTA, but it somehow got so, so much worse

"My colleague got fired for being insanely creepy and abusing their position of power. Should I do the same thing???"

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

trickybiscuits posted:

Yes please find her and tell her so she can get your stupid rear end fired too you motherfucker

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
it's gonna be followed by the TSA boss finding her and thanking her for rooting out these two guys abusing their position, and then that TSA person getting fired, etc.

she will never be rid of TSA now

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

So you're saying she's the hero who can finally bring down the TSA

mystes
May 31, 2006

with luck she can get the entire department of homeland security eliminated

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

The Maroon Hawk posted:

I got to the fourth word and assumed it was going to be a clear YTA, but it somehow got so, so much worse

"My colleague got fired for being insanely creepy and abusing their position of power. Should I do the same thing???"

And it's not like this is 20 years ago when the concept was kind of new to the general public and training on handling PII wasn't common. I'm absolutely positive he had to sit through several classes that said 'don't do this, you moron', so there's no way it was any kind of misunderstanding. It's also funny to witness the expanding definition of 'cancelled' to "I directly violated a clear policy at work to harass a customer and got fired".

As much as I hate to creep the woman out further, I kind of wish he would do it, just so he would also end up fired. EDIT: Apparently I'm not the only one, lol.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This womans contact info is the pick me up bomb from "Mom and Dad Save the World"

Yes, that is an incredibly niche and ancient reference, you will let me have this goddamn you

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Barudak posted:

This womans contact info is the pick me up bomb from "Mom and Dad Save the World"

Yes, that is an incredibly niche and ancient reference, you will let me have this goddamn you

Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

God drat there have been some absolute bangers these last few pages, just completely infuriating/mind boggling stuff. I salute you muck waders for dredging up this stuff.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

There have been a few like that engagement breakup story where it turns out the person that said please wait to tell anyone turned out to be cheating. But none of them had the proposer immediately kick them out, that's just cruel and hateful.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

if we can't lol at people getting stung by bees anymore we are truly lost

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

hawowanlawow posted:

if we can't lol at people getting stung by bees anymore we are truly lost

He missed out on the true comedy option, which would be to "help" her by turning the hose on her while she ran around screaming.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

trickybiscuits posted:

Found out that my husband sleeps with his ex wife from time to time to prevent her from dating

Huh, can't believe the lying cheater husband turned out to be a lying cheater husband. Shocking if true.

Barudak posted:

Don't worry, even with that reference, you still seem way younger than the OP who put quotes around "Google" as though it's some newfangled term, then followed up by going on a tangent about newspaper missed connections ads.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

trickybiscuits posted:

A cute comment I read somewhere:

From several pages ago, but this made me snort-laugh at how much has changed since I was in third grade. I remember a friend of mine in high talking about how happy she was when she got out of fifth grade and the bad kids at the nearby middle school let her smoke with them.

Anyway, let's get some more discussion fodder in this thread.

b]Found out that my husband sleeps with his ex wife from time to time to prevent her from dating
[/b]

I hate that you didn't drip feed us these posts, because mother of God.

mystes
May 31, 2006

MagusofStars posted:

Huh, can't believe the lying cheater husband turned out to be a lying cheater husband. Shocking if true.
The thing I find interesting about this one is the post title implies that, contrary to what you expect, the OP is not just upset that her now-husband is cheating on her but also kind of horrified that he appears to be manipulating his ex wife in a really hosed up way

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

ApplesandOranges posted:

AITA for not bringing 40 raw eggs on a plane?

Dad has the bubble wrap. Just double wrap them, and put them in the post. Problem fixed. Also, you can blame the post office when some of the eggs inevitably get broken.

Bringing 40 eggs in a bag on a commercial flight may be "legally" allowed. Doesn't make it any less stupid or insane.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I’m actually kind of impressed the TSA dude got fired. Makes me wonder if that was not the first incident

Barudak
May 7, 2007

leftist heap posted:

I’m actually kind of impressed the TSA dude got fired. Makes me wonder if that was not the first incident

I would assume given its the TSA and their job is theater, having somebody question the kayfabe of usefulness is an existential threat to them and they come down hard

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

leftist heap posted:

yeah actually don't they have a fairly strong union? or its something like he was an outside hire from a staffing agency who is technically a contractor therefore insanely fireable.

mystes
May 31, 2006

leftist heap posted:

That's got to be one of the things that will get you instantly fired though

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

leftist heap posted:

That's exactly why the lady was absolutely right to report him immediately. There is no way possible to know if it was his first incident. He could have already bothered like ten women who just didn't report it.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

mystes posted:

In a sane world yes.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

When no one was looking, Lex Luthor brought forty eggs onto the plane. He brought 40 eggs onto the plane. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

mystes posted:

I’ve worked union for a lot of my working life and depending on the severity it absolutely is. At best someone might get something like “You need to keep your eyes to yourself and this is literally your one and only chance to do that.” Actually stalking a client/customer/tenant though? Lol goodbye creep

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

DemoneeHo posted:

My (33M) Girlfriend (31F) of 3 years just left for work angry cause I’m watching Seinfeld?

This feels like it could be a Seinfeld episode

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

The Maroon Hawk posted:

The fact that this rear end in a top hat is even considering it creeped me out because he'd probably be sneakier about it & harder to identify, which would be even more frightening to that poor woman.

It's also weird that OP seems to assume she has no idea about the potential consequences of her report. If somebody used their position to creep on me, I'd loving want them to get fired? I'd also want it on file somewhere in case more creeper poo poo came up, like a second stalker.

Since OP only seems to give a poo poo about negative consequences when they affect a man, I hope he's considered that any further harassment might cause more trouble for Paul.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Batterypowered7 posted:

When no one was looking, Lex Luthor brought forty eggs onto the plane. He brought 40 eggs onto the plane. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Is it too late for Big John to grace my weirdass collection of probes?

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

oh jay posted:

I hate that you didn't drip feed us these posts, because mother of God.

You mean one per post? I can do that, it just feels like one big post is more efficient.

AITA for using my partner's DNA to create a provocative artwork without their consent, leading to a family scandal and strained relationships?

quote:

I (28F) am a professional artist, and I've been with my partner (29M) for five years. We have an adventurous relationship and often try new and unconventional things, both in and out of the bedroom. He's always been incredibly supportive of my career, and we frequently brainstorm artistic ideas together.

A few months ago, I came up with the idea to create an art installation that incorporated actual DNA from both my partner and me. I thought it would be a unique way to explore themes of love, intimacy, and the interconnectedness of human beings. To make it more provocative, I decided to use intimate fluids for the DNA samples without discussing it with my partner beforehand. I assumed he would be on board, given our history of trying unconventional things together.

I spent weeks creating the installation, which included a large, abstract painting that used the fluids as part of the medium. I was extremely proud of the final result and submitted it to an art gallery, where it was accepted for an upcoming exhibition. To celebrate, we decided to host a small party for our close friends and family, where I would unveil the artwork before the public exhibition.

Here's where the problem began. At the party, I revealed the artwork and explained the concept behind it, including the use of our intimate fluids as part of the medium. My partner, who was hearing this information for the first time, was shocked and visibly upset. Our friends and family were also stunned, and the reactions were a mix of shock, disgust, and fascination. The party atmosphere quickly turned uncomfortable, and some guests left early.

The next day, my partner's conservative parents found out about the artwork and were appalled. They demanded that we remove the piece from the exhibition and destroy it, claiming that it was a disgrace to the family. I refused, standing by my artistic vision and my right to express myself as I see fit. My partner, however, feels betrayed by my actions and wishes I had consulted him before creating the installation.

Since then, our relationship with my partner's family has become extremely strained. They've made it clear that they disapprove of our choices and feel humiliated by the artwork. Additionally, some of our friends have distanced themselves from us, uncomfortable with the idea behind the installation. My partner and I are now being accused of taking our art too far and for involving our families in something they consider obscene and inappropriate.

So, AITA for using my partner's and my DNA to create a provocative artwork without their consent, leading to a family scandal and strained relationships? Or am I justified in expressing our love and creativity in any way I choose, even if it means pushing boundaries?

quote:

I don't generally talk about my work before it's released, and I also thought he would be surprised and really like it, since it was an expression of our love.

quote:

We frequently make love before I work on my art.

quote:

You can think I'm an rear end in a top hat, but it's clear you don't understand art.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Scathach posted:

Is it too late for Big John to grace my weirdass collection of probes?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

trickybiscuits posted:

You mean one per post? I can do that, it just feels like one big post is more efficient.

AITA for using my partner's DNA to create a provocative artwork without their consent, leading to a family scandal and strained relationships?

This is too on the nose, I cant enjoy it. Sorry, it happens to all readers sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for giving my son's teacher a gift?

quote:

My son is a 2nd grader and he really doesn't care how I dress him. I saw a bunch of vintage rock shirts on sale and bought a few. I sent him to school wearing a Kurt Cobain, GnR, The Doors and Janis Joplin shirts.

His teacher, Mrs. M, sent me an email to tell me the shirts were inappropriate because those bands are associated with drugs and violence. I thought she was kidding. She said don't send him to school wearing them or she'd have him wear his shirt inside out.

Being a rebel dad, I sent him in his Kurt Cobain shirt but put masking tape over Kurt's face. That pissed her off and she asked him to wear his sweater all day.

She left for maternity leave on Friday so I dropped off some gifts in her class at the end of the day. They were baby clothes with the Nirvana and GnR logo on them. Apparently she complained to the VP who told me it was insulting. Oh well. Today my son wore his Big Brother and the Holding Company shirt and no one said anything.