Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
assume they're all fake (they are), mention it if you think one might actually be real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Give me a day to mull it over, ok?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Hooray new thread! Loving the classics. Does anyone have the story where the woman completely changes herself after marriage, because she thinks wives are supposed to be blonde, subservient, well-dressed and made-up Stepfords?

Ffffrrreeeesssshhh content, different kind of wife:

Had a fight with my (26m) wife (35f), didnt find out what was wrong until i checked the security cameras.

Wow that's a fun couple

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Hooray new thread! Loving the classics. Does anyone have the story where the woman completely changes herself after marriage, because she thinks wives are supposed to be blonde, subservient, well-dressed and made-up Stepfords?

Had a fight with my (26m) wife (35f), didnt find out what was wrong until i checked the security cameras.

The world is ready for a remake of The Exorcist where the demon's a giant nerd

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

And a classic from two threads ago:

My girlfriend always pretends she is dead

quote:

Hey Reddit, I was hoping to get some advice about a problem I've been having with my SO.

First off, we are both 22 (M & F), finishing our last year of college. We've been together almost 6 months, and I really do adore her, aside from this one kind of weird behavioral trait. We have very similar interests, share many mutual friends, and get along on a day-to-day basis quite well.

The problem is that every few weeks, she gets it into her head that I don't appreciate her enough. I'll think everything is going well, and then out of the blue, she'll accuse me of taking her for granted. I really don't think this is the case, as I go out of my way to compliment her and say "I love you" almost every day.

Anyways, when this happens, she'll demand that we do this "couple-building activity" where she pretends she is dead. She'll light some candles, play "Amazing Grace" (the song they played at my grandfather's funeral a few years back), lay in bed, and cover herself with a sheet. Then I am supposed to kneel down and say some "last words" to her. She gets pissed if I don't cry, sometimes withholding sex as punishment.

I've always known that she has some self-esteem issues, but this seems a little much. I've tried talking to her about it, but she just gets defensive and says that this activity is necessary for me to grow emotionally and our relationship to grow stronger. I really don't know what to do. I don't want to lose her, but I can't keep mourning her death every few weeks.

So tell me Reddit, does this sound like normal behavior? How can I show her that I appreciate her without doing this activity?

tl;dr: My girlfriend doesn't think that I appreciate her enough, so every few weeks she makes us do a couple-building activity where she pretends to be dead while I give her eulogy.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

My (29f) parents ghosted me 5 years ago after my wedding and now reached out. What do I do?

quote:

TLDR; I'm married to my former boss. Parents did not take the marriage as well as I'd hoped and ignored me for 5 years, only to reach out when they saw a 5th anniversary facebook post that mentioned our kids. Do I let them back in, or do I ignore them?

My husband (30m) used to be my boss. About 9 years ago I started working as his assistant. We spent about 2.5 years ignoring our mutual attraction until we gave in. We then went to HR, who reassigned me, and the whole thing was strictly above board from the time we began dating. I got pregnant about a year later, and my husband and I decided to just get married. While we'd only really been dating for about 1.5 years, we knew each other completely, loved each other, lived together, and there was a baby on the way. We knew how it would look, but I had to leave the company anyway due to problems with my new boss, so we didn't anticipate this causing any issues, except with my parents.

They (62m/57f) have always been overprotective, so I knew they wouldn't like me dating my boss, and hadn't told them, but I had to tell them if I wanted them at my wedding. We decided to be mostly honest with them, about how it was strictly professional until it wasn't, how the second it got unprofessional we went to HR, how he had never taken advantage of me, but now we wanted to get married and we wanted them there. We did not mention the baby, because I felt that giving them that information in addition to the rest all at once would just break them. I was only about 4 months along when the wedding happened, so the bump was easily hidden by a flowy dress.

The wedding itself went off without a hitch, and apart from my mother pulling me into the bathroom shortly before the ceremony to ask if I was sure about this, which I said I was, my parents seemed to take it well. The ceremony and reception were at 2 different venues, and we had to travel from one to the other, and my parents never arrived at the reception. I called them and got ignored, and then my brother called them and they told him that they were going home. I don't remember the exact reason they gave but it amounted to them being tired and uncomfortable. I tried contacting them after the wedding, but found that I was blocked on everything except email, which I used to send them a long letter essentially saying that I'm an adult who made an adult choice and I hope they can respect that.

5 years later, I have not heard from my parents since my wedding. My husband and I are not big on social media in general but I recently posted something for our 5th anniversary in which I mentioned our 2 kids and third on the way. Within a month of making this post, my parents left a voicemail saying they saw the post, and, having had no idea that they had grandchildren previously, now want to meet them. I haven't responded and there have been a few follow ups since then asking why I haven't.

I don't know what to do, but my gut instinct is that 5 years is too long, and it's about the kids, not about them respecting my choices or relationship. However, I can't help but feel that I'm being unfair, and my brother agrees, because I told them in my email that if they could learn to respect my choice and my marriage eventually, then we could talk, and now I'm retroactively applying a time limit.

Should I reach out to them? If I did, how would we go about rebuilding the relationship?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

quote:

she had always told me the long nights of gaming are due to her fear of the sun. i believed her, i didnt know it was because she played until she got so angry she got physically sick

Holy poo poo im dying

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

for MOBA players this is very normal

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

all the stories are fake, some fakes are badly written. Threadban for anyone dumb enough to announce any particular story's fake as though they've cracked some kind of grand mystery imho, but it's ok to make fun of some sadsack's terrible revenge fantasy if you have a funny joke

I don't want to look at kids while I'm having sex

Reminds me of this classic saga.
My [22f] boyfriend’s [24m] new tattoo makes me feel like a pedophile

quote:

Hey guys, throwaway account because my boyfriend knows my normal account.

I don’t really know how to begin so I’m just gonna dive right in. We’ve been together for four years now, living together for 2 and every aspect of our relationship is honestly perfect and I have a sneaking suspicion that he’s planning to propose sometime in the near future.

Last year however his younger brother who was only 6 years old, passed away. This took a major toll on my bf (obviously), but especially because he was extremely close with his little brother. His parents are major screw ups to put it bluntly, and as a result his little brother spent a lot of time living with us. To the point where we practically became like a mum and dad to him and even discussed filing for custody.

The problem arises when a few months ago my boyfriend mentioned he wanted to get a tattoo to commemorate his little brother and asked what my thoughts were on this idea. He has no other tattoos and never expressed wanting one before so i was a little surprised but completely supportive. He talked about getting his brother’s name or date of birth or something equally sentimental. Cool, I thought. That all sounds beautiful.

We didn’t really talk about it again until he told me he had booked a time in with a tattoo artist. It was on a day I was working so I couldn’t go with him and when I asked what he had decided on he said he wanted it to be a surprise. I was really looking forward to seeing it, thinking it was going to be something small and cute.

I did not expect him to come back with an almost life-size headshot of his little brother slapped across the majority of his feckin chest.

It was definitely a shock but I reacted positively and told him it looked really good. It was only the outlines and such at this point and he said he was going to go back and get it filled in...

It’s been a few sessions now and he’s had the whole shebang done to it. Colours, shading, everything to the point where it could be mistaken for a photo now. I can’t deny that it’s a seriously incredible piece of artwork. Bf is super proud of it and I honestly think it’s pretty cool as well.

My only issue with it is during sex.

It takes up such a large space on his chest and it’s the only tattoo he’s got. It doesn’t help that he’s pretty pale and doesn’t have much hair so the tattoo REALLY stands out and my attention is constantly drawn to it.

Not to mention this thing is like the Mona fu*cken Lisa.

Any position that we’re facing each other in, I always end up making eye contact with it. And every time I do it makes me feel so uncomfortable and absolutely kills the mood for me. Every time. Ignoring the fact that this kid was practically like a son to us, I doubt I would be able to have sex while looking into the eyes of ANY six year old.

It’s honestly ruining our sex life.

I haven’t told my bf any of this because I feel like I can’t say anything negative about the tattoo because of its meaning and the fact that it’s permanent. (I know lasers exist but I doubt he’ll ever get rid of it)

Lately we’ve mainly been having sex in positions where I’m facing away from him, or while we keep our shirts on and he’s started to notice this and has told me he’s worried I’m not attracted to him anymore.

I am attracted to him. I’m just not attracted to the six year old on his chest.

What can I do in this situation? The thought of telling him this, or anything negative about the tattoo makes me feel like a monster. But looking at it during sex is making me feel like a monster too.

Should I talk to him? Am I overreacting? Is our sex life officially dead?

Thanks for any help you guys can give.

tl;dr- My boyfriend got a massive tattoo of his recently deceased six-year-old brother on his chest and I can’t stop making eye contact with it during sex.

———————————————————

Update: This has gotten a lot more attention than I anticipated. Some people are saying it’s reached the front page which is making me consider deleting this post. I’m not sure it would be the worst thing if my bf did see this however. Currently debating whether I should just let fate take the wheel on this one.

Otherwise I’ve received some really phenomenal advice on how I should talk to him and what alternatives we have to make sex less awkward. I was honestly beginning to think this was a relationship-ending issue before I made this post but you guys have given me a lot of hope that this is something we can work through. So thank you so much.

I’ll make a new post to update how things go once I’ve talked to my bf about all this. If he doesn’t see this post first I think I’ll at least show him some of your comments depending on how he reacts.

quote:

I don't know what the hell has happened but things have turned into an absolute clusterfuck.

I received some really great advice from people and honestly thought talking to him was going to work out well. I was still pretty nervous though and not sure how to bring it up. His mood has been pretty touch and go lately so I was worried about picking the right moment and kept putting it off until later in the night when he tried initiating sex and I thought that was a good time to start the conversation.

I basically said I know you've noticed something's been off lately and thats because I haven't been entirely comfortable during sex since you got your new tattoo. I absolutely love it for what it is and what it stands for but it's just difficult for me to stay in the moment because it's really hard not to look at it and be reminded of what happened. I stopped here to see what his reaction would be so far and he was just silent for awhile and then said "so... what? You want me to get rid of him?"

I EXPLICITLY said "No I would never ask you to do that" and then told him it might just take me some time to get used to it until its not so noticeable anymore and in the meantime maybe he could keep his shirt on during sex or we could try some other ideas. This is where poo poo started to hit the fan. He said all that sounded ridiculous to him and that I was being extremely insensitive and selfish and "honestly sick' for even associating his little brother with sex and asked if I was loving sick in the head.

I hosed up here. I shouldn't have said this but I don't handle confrontation well and I pretty much lost my cool at this point. I told him to go jack off to a picture of his brother and tell me how that makes him feel. He completely exploded at this point saying that was a disgusting thing to say (I agree) and started calling me a number of names. He then started to get extremely personal saying I never cared about his little brother and that I'm probably happy he's out of the picture.

That is hand down the most hurtful thng he has ever said to me. I still cant bellieve it and I don't think I'm ever going to forgive hm for that. Like seriously what the gently caress? just thinking about it is makng me loving shake. He knows exactly how I feel about his brother and how hard his death was for both of us and for him to stil say something like that? He can seriously go gently caress himself because I'm definitely not gonna be doing it anymore.

He then started shoutng that if it was seriously that big of a deal for me that he would get the whole thing layered off but he hopes I know I'm basically killing his brother all over again??? I was crying so much at this point I didn't get a chance to respond before he stormed out of the house and just took off. I have no idea where he's gone or where he is and I honestly don't even know if I care at this point. he's not answering his phone or responding to any messages.

I still can't believe he reacted the way he did. He was like a completely different person. Not once in the four years I've know him out of all the arguments we've had has he ever spoken to me like that before. I was up all night on the phone to my sister and she was just as shocked as I was.

THEN this loving morning I get a lovely loving call from my boyfriend's sister who called me disgusting and heartless and evil for FORCING HIM TO REMOVE THE TATTOO. Apparently he's been going around to his family and alllour friends telling them I've given him an ultimatum of me or his tattoo.

WHAT THE gently caress?!?! I EXPLICITLY TOLD HIM I WOULD NEVER ASK HIM TO DO THAT. When I told his sister this she just called me a lying loving bitch, wished all my siblings dead and then hung up. Feckin lovely.

I seruiously don't know why he's reacted the way he has or why he's going around lying about me making him get rid of it. I'm still in total shock and just so confused. I hoped typing all this out would help me figure things out a little but reading this over has just made me angrier. I don't see what I could have done differently? I shouldn't have made the jack off comment, that's clearly what set him off but that doesn't explain why he's lying now to everyone.

I'm just at a complete loss right now. A day ago I thought of this guy as my future husband and now I just don't know. I wish I never said anything.

I've spent four years of my life with this guy but this is a side of him I've never seen before. Im so upset right now my imeddiate thought is to just cut things off completely. How the fuk would we even move froward from this? Am I the one in the wrong here for the comment I made? I know I shouldn't have said it but I personally think he completely overreacted to it. and how am I supposed to convince our friends he's the one lying here? Anything I sy is just going to sound like I'm lying in response to their negative reactions. I seriously have no idea what Im supposed to do here. I feel like this is going to ruin my life.

I just don't loving know.

quote:

Super long post incoming so apologies in advance.

I wasn't going to bother with this update but after all the support and love I received from people in this sub I feel like the least I can do in return is give some closure for anyone wanting it. Before I begin I just want to thank everyone who gave advice, I didn't respond to everyone but I read almost every response. I stopped reading my Pm's because a lot of the messages I was getting were graphic and negative but I appreciate the few of you who were positive and helpful in your messages and I'm sorry if I didn't respond to you. Now on to the update:

It's been a crazy week and a lot has happened since our argument. My bf spent two nights at his sisters and during this time I decided to just send him a link to my reddit posts instead of writing him a letter. I felt like everything I needed to say was in those two threads and it would be good for him to read people's opinions. His sister read through them too and that started a massive argument between them that revealed some shocking information that led to my bf coming back home and completely breaking down.

We spent the whole night talking where he revealed he's been using a lot of drugs recently and drinking a lot more to deal with his grief. He told me he feels responsible for his brothers death because while I was pushing for us to file for custody he was on the fence about the idea and now he feels his brother would still be alive if we had filed for custody over him when I first suggested it. He said because of this he's been developing a lot of feelings of resentment towards me (I don't really understand why and neither does he) which he recognises as being unjustified so he's been bottling them up along with everything else which essentially led to him flipping out when I brought up his tattoo. Obviously I knew he was having a hard time dealing with his brother's death but I must have been viewing the world through rose coloured glasses because I never would have realised how bad it was if he hadn't told me.

I was really hoping it wouldn't be the case but unfortunately a few of you redditors were right on the mark. He regrets the tattoo and discovering I wasn't happy with it either sent him over the edge into panic mode and he tried to use it as an excuse because the very idea of regretting the tattoo or wanting to get rid of it makes him feel even guiltier. Truth is he hates the tattoo and he tries not to look at it at all. He apologised about a hundred times for reacting the way he did and for not considering he was making me look at the tattoo in general, as well as during sex. He completely understood where I was coming from when I brought it up, he just reacted the way he did because he essentially had a "mental breakdown" in his opinion.

I apologised for my "jack off" comment. Initially he was quite shocked and did take the comment as an insult but after reading the reddit post he understood what I meant and was very forgiving. He apologised for accusing me of never caring for his brother.

We then talked about the argument he had with his sister...

Up until now I was under the impression that my bf went on his own to get the tattoo done, but it turns out his sister went with him to his first session and it was her who convinced him to get a portrait on his chest whereas my bf originally wanted to get a drawing of his brothers favorite stuffed animal. Not only this but during their argument it came out that his sister wanted him to get such a drastic tattoo because she was hoping it would cause a rift between us. Apparently she felt like I was tearing their family apart by trying to file for custody and she doesn't want me dating her brother anymore.

If that sounds totally ridiculous to you, it's because it is. Not defending her actions, what she's done is absolutely deplorable, but a history of mental illness bipolar/schizophrenia does run in their family. We're certain his sister suffers from bipolar disorder as well, or possibly something else, but she refuses to be diagnosed.

My bf didn't go around to all our friends, that was his sister lying. She was the only one he told and he's promised to set the story straight for any family members she mentions it to. We've both apologised for what we said and we're going to stay together and work through things together.

In the short term we're going to be getting in contact with a grief counsellor and try out some of the suggestions for how to make things less awkward in the bedroom. In the long term we're going to consult a tattoo artist to see what can be done in terms of lasering it off/turning it in to something else. Bf doesn't feel comfortable lasering it off and currently his favorite idea is to get a heap more tattoos to try and make it less noticeable. I'm a fan of this idea as well.

As for his sister, bf is currently debating whether to cut her out of his life or not. I don't think he should, I feel like he's lost enough family but I'll respect whatever decision he comes to.

I think that just about wraps everything up. A huge thank you again to everyone for all your advice and help, it really helped me get through this horrible and awkward situation.

I mean this in the nicest way possible when I say I hope I never have to post on this subreddit again.

tl;dr - We both apologised for what we said in the heat of the moment. Boyfriend revealed he regrets getting the tattoo and it was his sister who convinced him to get it in the hopes it would break us up. We're seeking grief counselling and considering getting more tattoos to make the current one less noticeable.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dazerbeams posted:

My (29f) parents ghosted me 5 years ago after my wedding and now reached out. What do I do?

This keeps happening. :( The parents don't want a relationship with their child, they want a relationship with their grandchildren (and, probably, turn them against the grandkids' parents). Stories like this turn up time and again in these threads, parents disapproving of the kids' relationships for whatever reason and becoming estranged, then the moment they find out about grandkids they want in.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

The world is ready for a remake of The Exorcist where the demon's a giant nerd

mid or i curse your family unto seven generations

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

hawowanlawow posted:

alternatively: threadban anyone who complains about derails

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

1stGear posted:

mid or i curse your family unto seven generations

your mother farms creeps in hell

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

teen witch posted:

As long as I get a dumptruck rear end

I’d like to think we’re all your dumptruck asses.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The real adventure was the dumptruck rear end we made along the way :qq:

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Cythereal posted:

Stories like this turn up time and again in these threads

Any topic that polls well on Reddit is going to. I do wonder how many parents there really are who don't realize grandchildren are produced by children, though.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Oh dear me posted:

Any topic that polls well on Reddit is going to. I do wonder how many parents there really are who don't realize grandchildren are produced by children, though.

Eh, I have heard about disapproving parents who come around once the grandkids come along for a lot longer than Reddit has been a thing.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Oh dear me posted:

Adult children have minds of their own and make choices and have their own identities.

Grandchildren are cute, stupid, and easily molded into extensions of yourself provided your adult children do not unduly interfere.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Captain Yossarian posted:

My two cats Clover (1f) and Lilly (1f) keep fighting over the unplugged heating pad and it keeps waking my girlfriend and I up in the middle of the night. Please help 🥺

Obviously you should get another heating pad.

So they can ignore it and fight over the old one. Because they're cats.

And a classic from two threads ago:

My girlfriend always pretends she is dead

Has anyone else seen Volere Volare? It's a hoot. The woman the hero's in love with is a sex worker and among her clients are a couple who take turns pretending to be dead while the other and her mourn as dramatically as possible, threaten to kill themselves because they can't go on living alone etc etc. So obviously the OP and gf need to open their relationship to include another mourner.

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Cythereal posted:

Adult children have minds of their own and make choices and have their own identities.

Yes, quite, and they can deny you access to their children if you aren't on speaking terms.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Fake towing company stealing cars with tags from apartment lot, police say they can’t do anything

quote:

I’ll try to keep this short, but me and my roommate are super confused and can’t get straight answers from anyone. Some of this information might not be useful/relevant, but we have absolutely no clue what to do.

Basically, my roommate and I park in an alley behind our building, our leasing office owns all the spots, and everyone has tags. Today though, a guy in a tow truck that’s not contracted by our leasing office towed 6 cars from one lot that all had up to date tags. This is in Virginia.

When my roommate went to get her car, it had been damaged. The lady that met them where the car was charged my roommate $240 that she said could only be paid in cash, which she said was for the car and then a mandatory after hours fee. Then she told my roommate that the man who towed her car (and it’s only her and him who run this “company”) had been arrested multiple times for illegally towing cars (??) My roommate ended up calling the police, and the lady tried to lock my roommate out of the lot and leave before the police got there. The police ended up telling my roommate that the “company” wasn’t registered anywhere and they didn’t have any records of her car getting towed tonight - BUT they said my roommate can’t file a police report because it’s not actually a company, she can only file a civil lawsuit (????)

Other important details: the guy took her car from our county to another one, and we’re not sure if my roommate should contact our county or the one the car was in. Also, when you look up the place, there’s no contact information or website. The only other thing we could find on them was a page on bbb.org saying “this company is not BBB accredited.” The police also told my roommate they thought the guy might’ve gotten into her car somehow too.

Should she try to file a police report again? What county should we contact? Any advice is appreciated.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Runcible Cat posted:

Has anyone else seen Volere Volare? It's a hoot. The woman the hero's in love with is a sex worker and among her clients are a couple who take turns pretending to be dead while the other and her mourn as dramatically as possible, threaten to kill themselves because they can't go on living alone etc etc. So obviously the OP and gf need to open their relationship to include another mourner.
Is this the sequel to Dellamorte Dellamore?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

teen witch posted:

As long as I get a dumptruck rear end

Consuming all those beans might result in more of a cement truck rear end

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

teen witch posted:

Fake towing company stealing cars with tags from apartment lot, police say they can’t do anything

The cops are getting paid off, no way this scam lasts more than a week without official cover. It's also Virginia, one of the absolutely most dangerous states to try this in given local gun culture.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
LOL, if they pulled that poo poo on me I'd...

mllaneza posted:

It's also Virginia, one of the absolutely most dangerous states to try this in given local gun culture.
...Yep. It sure is.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Is there a good set of rules/tips for finding and posting content? I mean, I could just go and grab whatever is funny on the front page but I assume people have already done that or don't want to see front page crud? But I would like to bring some content back to the group on occasion.

Uncle ShortyB
Oct 18, 2013

"Do you think since your cat is dead I could

You know

Wear it?"

Dazerbeams posted:

Here's an edit I saw cause I just opened this one up before I saw this post.

quote:

Edit: can't find a way to work this in organically but my husband is not white. I am, as are my parents. I don't think this is a race thing or that my parents are racist, and neither does my husband, and we don't understand why they would want to meet our mixed race children if they were racist, but this element is still gnawing at me.

I think maybe, just maybe, her parents might be revealed to be Secret Racists.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Uncle ShortyB posted:

Here's an edit I saw cause I just opened this one up before I saw this post.

I think maybe, just maybe, her parents might be revealed to be Secret Racists.

I see now why they were "uncomfortable" at the wedding

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I wonder if I'll ever just like ghost one of my kids? Can't imagine what it would take.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Zurtilik posted:

I wonder if I'll ever just like ghost one of my kids? Can't imagine what it would take.

Aerosolized lead in your brain helps.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Zurtilik posted:

Is there a good set of rules/tips for finding and posting content? I mean, I could just go and grab whatever is funny on the front page but I assume people have already done that or don't want to see front page crud? But I would like to bring some content back to the group on occasion.

I don't think so, mostly I've seen folks just tossing in random keywords or searching on the top/controversial stuff

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

You pretty much just search for whatever word(s) you think would have something funny or horrifying.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

mllaneza posted:

The cops are getting paid off, no way this scam lasts more than a week without official cover. It's also Virginia, one of the absolutely most dangerous states to try this in given local gun culture.

probably just lazy IMO

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Wife finds me repugnant

quote:

Sorry if this sounds emotional but I’m at my last straw. 44 m married to 46 f. Been together two decades but ever since our second child five years back sex and intimacy has gone to zero. Sex is usually a 3 to 4 time year event. And she refuses to do anything but lie back and let me get on her. She won’t let me do oral or and even touch her. Naturally none for me. I’ve tried raising the issue but the response I get is that we’re too busy with the kids to worry about it and if I’m really concerned I should masturbate more. I recently went on a medication that can reduce someone’s libido or even cause ED. Her response was well that’s probably a good thing. It’s hard to even to have regular intimacy. I tried spooning her in bed last night. Unfortunately my penis had a minimal reaction to the contact and she pushed me away yelling that it was rapey. I really wasn’t trying to push sex at all. I just wanted to hold my wife. I’m still a pretty good looking guy. 6’4 190 pounds, full head of hair, good job and told I look like Tom Brady. Not to mention I’m a good dad. Sorry if that sounds like I’m puffing myself up but my own self confidence is in the trash can so I need to reaffirm my own self worth right now. I feel just awful and don’t know what to do. At this point I just want my wife to look at me like she like she wants me. I just want a hug. I just want her to hold me again.

Mostly a sad tale. But I lost it at "Told I look like Tom Brady."

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Front page stuff is fine with me because I don't use or look at reddit so someone posting it here is the only way I'll see it (unless it goes viral and ends up on fifty different blogs). I am a mere vulture awaiting the carcasses of content brought back to the forums by noble goon content hunters.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Zurtilik posted:

Wife finds me repugnant

Mostly a sad tale. But I lost it at "Told I look like Tom Brady."

Uh this couple needs therapy immediately if not sooner, and also to work on their communication skills

I am unsure if I want to open the trash can of Reddit and search for this, because I think it will bum me out a lot. But. I bet searching for stories with that “life365” app in them would come up with all the stories one could ever need to fill the future estranged parents bucket.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Halloween Jack posted:

Is this the sequel to Dellamorte Dellamore?

Sadly no.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Zurtilik posted:

I either look at the Top 24 hours of AITA/relationships if I'm current on the thread or sort by newest and check the most recent posts, to avoid duplicates.

AITA wanting my father's girlfriend to stop bringing laundry for me to do?

quote:

I (18F) am living with my father (42M) full time because my mother (40F) will be working overseas for a few years. I am going to college next year anyway so this isn't a long term plan. I do some chores on the house in exchange for a generous monthly allowance.

I do the laundry and at first it wasn't a big deal but recently my father started dating Amber (21F) and she stays on our house on weekends. She is mostly fine but she started bringing her laundry every week and my father expects me to do it. I did it a few weeks but, when I realised that this was becoming a regular thing, I talked to my father.

He told me that Amber does that because laundry on her dorm is expensive and her family lives too far away. He also said that considering how much he pays me, I am in not position to complain. I think this is very rude, so my father and I have been arguing about this. He simply told me that if I don't do Amber's laundry, he will reduced my allowance.

Am I the rear end in a top hat?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

quote:

league of legends

it checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Piell posted:

I either look at the Top 24 hours of AITA/relationships if I'm current on the thread or sort by newest and check the most recent posts, to avoid duplicates.

AITA wanting my father's girlfriend to stop bringing laundry for me to do?

Why is your dad dating a 21 year old college student and making you loving scrub her underwear

gently caress this entire situation, everything about it sounds bad