Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I once worked at a chemical distribution company where the new hire was a guy in his forties that I saw drinking hand sanitizer.

I ended up pushing for him to be fired once he started asking about the alcohol content in our products.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Halloween Jack posted:

I feel bad for that guy and I hope HR got him help instead of just showing him the door. I wouldn't want someone dying from eating Sterno on my watch either, though.

It was a small company with less than fifteen employees in the US, HR isn’t required.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Self on the Shelf

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I really miss the days before people learned the word closure.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It's easier to take a poo poo in a coffee pot.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
How do you count a liquid?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I’ve been saying “stay cramped” with a similar inflection I use for “get hosed”

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I developed a habit of pissing in the kitchen sink when’s I was a kid. It was only a matter of time before I poo poo in the crisper drawer.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Johnny Truant posted:

i thought this was appropriate for coffee chat

I don't know whether to be excited or scared.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Johnny Truant posted:

i think it was more a joke than an actual solution, although i do believe some people popped those pills. caffeine pills are just way tweakier than like, an actual caffeinated beverage. they got my from Austin->my hometown ~5 hours faster than the initial trip, so... cool? def made me twitchy and have gentle involuntary shaking if i held my hand out flat, though, lol

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I've always loved the parent rationale of "My kid is too young to be blamed for something, so therefore it's nobody's fault and you should pay for it because...it takes a village?"

EDIT: A few years ago my spouse and I were involved in an RP game that the GM had created himself via some engine. Over the course of a few sessions we slowly realized he was using the game to write a novel, complete with all of the characters we had come up with.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

teen witch posted:

Strict parents raise sneaky kids. It’s better for you to be open and honest as to what social media does, and teach them responsibility, not withhold it.

By the time your kids are within the age of inquiry about social media, it’ll be a different ballgame, one way or another. Just teach them appropriate boundaries and how sometimes social media can be good (ie - saying happy birthday to grandma, a funny picture) and how social media can be bad (misinformation, bullying)

Treat your kids like cognizant beings.

Having a strict father that liked to use his fists to make a point just made me into a fantastic liar really good at hiding things when I was a kid.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
My spouse is an artist and unless I need to close the window or something I never go in her studio because it’s a deeply personal space where she can relax and let her creativity flow without any interruptions.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Wait, do you two think the mother was angling for a threesome?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
My sister's kids were thirteen, ten, and seven when the first iPhone came out and she insisted that all three of them absolutely needed one. Sometimes it's the parents.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Plenty of parents treat therapy, journals, etc as ways of spying on their kids when they're still children, and shaming them when they're adults.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Of course you need a bridal shower, how else are you going to get a giant ceramic leaf platter?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
My ex-wife, while not a nearly as awful as some of these people, leaned over to me at one point during our wedding and asked, "Isn't it great that everyone in this room has to do what I want?"

Yes, I stayed married to her for four years after that.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Uncle Enzo posted:

Notably absent: SIL's actual feelings. The urgings to wait don't come from her but from her siblings. Watch her be horrified that a family member was asked to delay their life just to spare her hypothetical feelings, if they'd even be hurt anyways.

Yeah, it reminds me of the story where everyone shaved their heads to show solidarity with their friend in chemo and they were harassing the OP non-stop about doing it as well. When someone finally told the friend she was pissed and ended up cutting out everyone but the OP.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
My ex-wife once tried to give me a blowjob while drunk and ended up puking on my dick. It was dark so I didn't immediately realize what had happened so she slurred that everything was fine while picking chunks of curry chicken out of my pubic hair.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Everyone post your favorite soda!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Never trust a red cream pie.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

CannonFodder posted:

*sips on a Cheerwine*

Isn't this what Hobbits drink to get hosed up?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I finally realized not that long ago that 7-Up tastes like liquid Froot Loops.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Sex without the purpose of procreation is what's poisoning her breastmilk.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Grandma should ask for a maternity test.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Just do away with breastmilk entirely and put some Diet Squirt in the bottle.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm pretty sure one of the infants on that Honey Boo Boo show was fed with a baby bottle full of Mountain Dew. The one with three thumbs.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Azuth0667 posted:

Does tonic water count?

I’ll allow it.

EDIT: On second thought, no.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 8, 2021

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
He needs a sad egg?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

I have a difficult time believing anything other than the brother trying to rush things and maybe even forcing her so they could get it over with before the kid woke up and/or the OP came home.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Scaevolus posted:

My grandparents don’t approve of my relationship with my black boyfriend, and don’t want me (F24) to marry him (26). I don’t know what to do, since I don’t want to lose either of these people (my boyfriend and my grandparents).

[UPDATE] My grandparents don’t approve of my relationship with my black boyfriend, and don’t want me (F24) to marry him (26). I don’t know what to do, since I don’t want to lose either of these people (my boyfriend and my grandparents).

spouse posted:

I feel like a lot of racists are just racists because they don't regularly interact with people of the races they "don't like", and this is a good example of that. Presuppositions and fearmongering for a group of people you have little experience with, reinforced by purposeful media.

The fiancé here is superhumanly patient and gracious here, and goes well beyond what he should have to. It is equally acceptable to defenestrate racists as it is to rehabilitate them.

This all sounds lovely but I'm pretty sure they haven't changed their minds about black people, just that he's "one of the good ones"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

kntfkr posted:

Those cans, like, try too hard.

They’re the most 90s thing I’ve seen in a while, I had almost forgotten about them.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Arsenic Lupin posted:

OP is the rear end in a top hat because who the hell buys something as major as a car without consulting the other partner?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcEylCwkSxE

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Hughlander posted:

Oh great, another case of an older dude creeping on a younger woman in the workplace thinking being nice is coming onto him...

Me [40 m] with my coworker/closer friend [29 f]. We're close, sometimes I think there's more other times I'm not so sure.

Uh... or maybe she's beating him over the head with signals...

UPDATE: Me [40 m] with my coworker/closer friend [29 f]. We're close, sometimes I think there's more other times I'm not so sure.

I hate stories like this because even if it's true it's still something that creeps will carry around in their back pocket as proof that they should go ahead and harass the person at work that's obviously giving them signals like wearing clothes and having facial expressions.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

toiletbrush posted:

this is a really weird thing to take away from that story wtf

Thank you

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Sometimes it's kind of a shlorp-shlorp-shlorp sound.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You're supposed to feed your cat in a crystal goblet that you hit with a fork.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I know we don’t think of Italians as being of another race but maybe we shouldn’t play Guess the Slur regardless?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
He should have felt honored to be named after a Marx brother.