Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
My two cats Clover (1f) and Lilly (1f) keep fighting over the unplugged heating pad and it keeps waking my girlfriend and I up in the middle of the night. Please help 🥺

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
If I'm reading that one post correctly, the OPs mom died when she was 6.5 and their dad remarried 3.5 years later? I feel bad for the OP for the dad reading the journal but I also kinda feel bad for the step mom here unless I'm missing something

Edit: the above post is true as well I suppose

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Ravenfood posted:

The 10 year old writing about being upset about a stepmom entering her life is totally reasonable and normal (and the kid probably needed more therapy). An adult acting like a shithead because a 10 year old wrote some hurtful things down in a completely private (lol) setting is utterly mindblowing.

No sorry I didn't explain what I meant, I guess I meant I get why the step mom was hurt initially, not about the current day stuff lol

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

teen witch posted:

soda chat:

American sodas that own: regular barqs root beer gently caress I’ll take any loving root beer rn, Surge (RIP), Mt Dew midnight black, Pepsi blue, sprite remix, Polar orange dry (hot take: better than orangina), Mr. Pibb if I’m feeling esoteric, Moxie, Penn Dutch Birch Beer, Faygo Rockin Red

Swedish sodas that own: Trocadero (OG owns but zero is passable), Pepsi Max (every flavor except the syrupy Mango one ew), Cuba Cola, Vanilla Coke Zero (the cinnamon one owns too, mango and strawb suck, lemon…eh), Irn Bru (occasionally I can find it here but it’s SO good)

Got some good news for you friend, they started making Surge again 😘

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

teen witch posted:

I know Norway has Urge which I should look into but is Surge back in the US? Might track some down when visiting momwitch

It is indeed! It's odd because it's handled more like a "boutique" Coca Cola product so it's made in smaller batches and can be trickier to find. Lmk if you can't find it when you come next and I can mail some to you

Edit: per Coke, they are temporarily discontinuing it AGAIN here soon so might be hard to find. I will go on a surge hunt this week to try and find some lol

Captain Yossarian fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 9, 2021

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Large Testicles posted:

IDK about cans or bottles but Burger King sells Surge in fountains.

They used to on the original run here but none of the BKs by me allow in person eating right now and all stuck with Mellow Yellow anyway 😤😤😤

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

pentyne posted:

Are you the same person who acted like it was completely normal to forgot a pot on the stove and burn it to ash 1-2x a year? I assume that's what the av is referring to.

I hope so because lmao I forgot about that

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

greazeball posted:

In my AP US History class we ran out of time at the end of the semester (our teacher was a huge Teddy Roosevelt freak, and we spent about 3 weeks just on him) so the last week was basically "the cowardly Japanese bombed us at Pearl Harbor and so we dropped the bomb on them and single-handedly ended the war and saved the world and everything has been great since then, good luck on your AP exams!"

I saw a suggestion on e that history should be taught from the present into the past, as a series of questions. Why is this the way it is now? We'll, because of this thing. And why was that thing like that? Because of this other thing that happened earlier. I can't imagine doing that without parents freaking the gently caress out though.

My AP US history teacher was a cool teacher and he taught us about the Rape of Nanking, comfort women and the atomic bombings. He was/is a very antiwar hippy in a very red state. I credit him for shaping my personal politics. He quit teaching to become a photographer of all things

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

value-brand cereal posted:

Call me an old fart but 12 yos don't need consoles. They need books and going outside and enrichment and new experiences that aren't staring at screens. They can do that when they're older and have office jobs. Of course, this means spending money for entertainment, having time to go to places, having reliable transportation, the physical ability to go to places, etc. This isn't always possible depending on their locale, which is very sad and I blame capitalism.

Counterpoint: going outside sucks poo poo. Videogames kicked rear end like 40 years ago and they still do

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Kuros posted:

Here's some wholesome stuff from Best of Redditor Updates to make you feel good.

OOP Starts to fall for his bestfriend

Insanely wholesome content :captainpop:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Ideally, by being dunked on regularly and with great enthusiasm. I can only imagine the sheer joy the person who keyed his piece of poo poo car must have felt.

My roommate and I used to live in a huge apartment complex with lots of units. There was a dude who drove a lovely, lifted truck with subwoofers and a loud rear end exhaust who constantly fought with his girlfriend or wife in the parking lot basically daily, often at 330-4 AM. He also had a custom louder car alarm that went off constantly. My roommate eventually put a cinder block through his windshield after like two+ hours of the alarm going off one night and the truck disappeared forever lol

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Mx. posted:

AITA for serving my boyfriend's parents pizza for dinner?

Ayyy gabagool!!! 🤌🤌🤌

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Born to gently caress, world is a gently caress

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

HopperUK posted:

This is like the third thread I'm in that's talking about Hellraiser.

The new reboot/requel(?) Is good! Can't get enough of the 'bites :blush:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I thought the whole "he never trademarked siracha" thing was a myth but it isn't and now I feel bad lol

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Captain Hygiene posted:

My life, my lover, my lady is SA

Lmao

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
It IS TMI but thank you for sharing anyway lol

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Is it worth the trip to Nebraska?

Absolutely. I drive three hours to go there twice a year. It's a cool loving zoo. I go for my birthday and then randomly in the late summer/early fall. I love zoos 🥺

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
My cousin got out of the air force and used his money to buy a caiman. It got so big he kept it in a pool in his spare bedroom before he gave it to a zoo. He lived in loving Grand Forks ND btw lol

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

i am a moron posted:

Hes talking about a lil alligator/crocodile thing

This MF was like six feet long when he got rid of it. I'm just kind of baffled about how this all happened. I know I didn't hallucinate it but it feels like I did.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for asking my friend if she’s pregnant?

r/relationships: she got a bit thicker and watery

I'm pretty sure the person means "retaining water" but "thicker and watery" is such a gross way to describe a person lol

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Evil Willow posted:

My (26m) girlfriend (22f) is too enthusiastic when we get intimate and I can’t get past it

:confused:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Buttchocks posted:

If you're measuring your property size in minutes, gently caress off and just build another cottage.

A property so big they have a whole other house on it that's so far away they literally don't use it. Jesus wept lol

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Does anyone else remember the goon that posted about being in love with the homeless woman? I know it got bad enough with people reminding him that he changed his name here lol

Edit: also he had a fetish for seeing women trip and fall

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

feedmegin posted:

Aside from how heavy those things are, who the heck owns a CRT in 2023 :shobon:

I have four CRTs tyvm

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Whatever happened to "forbidden meats" guy? Did he die in Chinese prison?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

haveblue posted:

He got busted trying to eat a panda so he's probably well on his way to that now

Lol I forgot about the Panda part. Thank you

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Maybe stop posting so badly

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I grew up in the skinamarink house and my walls were painted weird

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Getting trenchfoot on my dick from the all day super bowl blowjob

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Clover and Lilly. They are sisters and best friends. Pictured here, Lilly is pondering an orb

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I don't know if I've ever seen a "parasol" used in real life

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I can't stop thinking about parasol guy lol. Honestly, if it was just worded as "umbrella" and left at that I don't know if it would have caught me as much, but "parasol" really did it for me ngl

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
That's the joke friend

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

AKA Pseudonym posted:

AITA for calling out my friend for saying it's safe to sleep with a blocked nose?

A stunning intellect

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Malachite_Dragon posted:

There are also a billion and one ways for it to break without ever having had sex! Gymnastics stretching, sex toy usage, sitting down at an angle if you're particularly tall. It's not one of those pop-up tamper indicators on a drat can lid, and I wish ever person of any gender obsessed with it would burst into flames.

You guys remember that post years back about how that girl posted on SA about having her girlfriend cut her's out with a scissors ? Spoilered for gross lol

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

spite house posted:

That's a little extreme, but I've known a surprising number of hymen-havers who decided to do away with the thing themselves when it looked like penetrative sex was on the horizon and they didn't want to deal with the pain/blood/hassle. The villagers were very disappointed with the state of their sheets after their weddings.

Lol trust me you'd remember if you read the story. It went beyond just "a little extreme"

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for suggesting my wife lower her standards so that she'll be less overwhelmed?

I am an active and engaged parent, but it's more important to me to sleep than to get our ADHD kid ready for school. When am I engaged? Uh... I talk to them at the supper table.

This lazy mother fucker. Can't get up at 645 for kids? Fucker I wake up at 530 to feed my cats. Get on my level

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Pirate Radar posted:

Is my cousin on the hook for life because his cat got his neighbor's cat pregnant?

Lmao just ignore them. Also, get your pets fixed you loving morons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
European people stink it's just science due to the fact that they are allergic to shower