Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Nyello teen witch here and I copied and subsequently pasted the last first post in the previous r/r thread. Rules might be updated…ehhh when we get to it.

Hello ladies and gents! This is version [REDACTED] of r/relationships. The previous thread is a little bloated so it's time to start things anew. It also allows for a jumping in point for people who are intimidated by length of the last one.

Despite being named r/relationships thread, the purview of the thread has extended past just that subreddit; even so there are a few things to remember just like the last thread:

1) Don't touch the poop.

2) Try not to go on pages long derails about your superior sex life.

3) Don't talk about how cool your relationships or sex life is; no one cares.

4) Don't defend pedophilia. Just don't.

5) Don't post rape/abuse stories.
Abuse of person or animal, sexual, physical or emotional.

Derails: accidentsderails will happen, sometimes organically! Some are positive, fun and occasionally sexy tangents. Others are soul sucking slap fights that bring out the worst traits posters and those are the derails we strive to curb. Minds are made up, mouths are undone.

With that, if I or another fool that’s an IK request a ceasefire on a derail, it isn’t for a probefest, but if it’s a probefest you want, it’s one you’ll get. I believe in giving someone a fair shot, but if you ignore a warning and get a sixer…I don’t want to hear it cause I know what I’ve done.

Fake stories: yeah some of these are some clown college attempts at writing. I don’t want every page filled with “FAKE. PHONY” so calm down Holden Caulfield. If it’s something you can hilariously debunk (like for instance, someone saying an event took place on Feb 31st), that’s fine.

But if crying fake gets excessive or it’s the only drat thing being posted, I’ll enforce the “post another drat thing, then” rule. I presume that this is a self explanatory rule.

Other things to keep in mind: goons are, and have always been, rather diverse and of all spots and stripes. This is more apparent in a post-Lowtax era and honestly? Good.

I urge you to be cognizant of that in this thread. How you act upon that is your own choice, but understand that some people won’t have the same experience as you and that poo poo happens. You may have a bit more needed to understand them, or conversely, other goons might not (or obstinately refuse to) get it. Have as much patience as needed or deserved. Some goons can, will, and want to learn and grow. Others will cling to their mudpit of idiocy as they know of nothing more and insist on making you a resident there. Expend energy accordingly, but if you need a second pair of eyes, don’t hesitate to DM me or email me at someawfulwitch at geemale dawt calm. I don’t have access to mod reports so that is usually the most expedient way of getting my attention outside of the Cuervo gold and the fine Columbian.

wise bards once said “you and me baby ain’t nothing but mammals, so let’s do it like they do on the discovery channel (build and document a thriving ecosystem of goons in their tall begoatsed towers, mocking redditors below for a laugh)”

If you don't like the thread title, please ask Pope Corky the IX or myself to change it.

Here's a big ol list of stories collected from the thread.

Current thread title origin: I. DID. NOT. YELL. AT. GRANDMA.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3982535&perpage=40&noseen=1#post518618189

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3982535&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=170#post519540183

teen witch fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

ShootaBoy posted:

I still don't understand what the gameplan was with Satan Shitplane girl. Like what was the hosed up dominance masturbating supposed to do, in her mind?

I have a sneaking suspicion she was taught some pretty horrific things as a kid and this is the result of that. I kinda feel bad for her

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Zurtilik posted:

Let's go on a hunt for the buried beans!

As long as I get a dumptruck rear end

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Give me a day to mull it over, ok?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Fake towing company stealing cars with tags from apartment lot, police say they can’t do anything

quote:

I’ll try to keep this short, but me and my roommate are super confused and can’t get straight answers from anyone. Some of this information might not be useful/relevant, but we have absolutely no clue what to do.

Basically, my roommate and I park in an alley behind our building, our leasing office owns all the spots, and everyone has tags. Today though, a guy in a tow truck that’s not contracted by our leasing office towed 6 cars from one lot that all had up to date tags. This is in Virginia.

When my roommate went to get her car, it had been damaged. The lady that met them where the car was charged my roommate $240 that she said could only be paid in cash, which she said was for the car and then a mandatory after hours fee. Then she told my roommate that the man who towed her car (and it’s only her and him who run this “company”) had been arrested multiple times for illegally towing cars (??) My roommate ended up calling the police, and the lady tried to lock my roommate out of the lot and leave before the police got there. The police ended up telling my roommate that the “company” wasn’t registered anywhere and they didn’t have any records of her car getting towed tonight - BUT they said my roommate can’t file a police report because it’s not actually a company, she can only file a civil lawsuit (????)

Other important details: the guy took her car from our county to another one, and we’re not sure if my roommate should contact our county or the one the car was in. Also, when you look up the place, there’s no contact information or website. The only other thing we could find on them was a page on bbb.org saying “this company is not BBB accredited.” The police also told my roommate they thought the guy might’ve gotten into her car somehow too.

Should she try to file a police report again? What county should we contact? Any advice is appreciated.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
AITA for applying for a transfer at work without telling my boss, because I dislike the fact that they enjoy me disciplining my co-workers?

quote:

My position at work involves disciplining my co-workers. It isn’t a task I enjoy, my boss however loves me doing it. I once made someone cry (because they were late after visiting a sick relative in hospital) and my boss laughed over it.

They have even taken to recording some of these dressing downs and listen to them later, telling other workers to that they will get this treatment if they don’t improve.

Finding this distasteful, I have applied for a transfer to a position on the same pay where I won’t have to make people upset.

I have done it in an underhanded way, making sure that they are away on holiday the whole time I am transferring over and won’t be back til I am gone.

My boss has said in the past that they like me and that that any position I apply for elsewhere they will be willing to pay me more to keep me.

It is a bit ungrateful I guess, as they have always been good to me and have made me employee of the month several times.

They also helped me get work on my car done for next to nothing, cause of someone they know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8GUcJEDNOM

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Ok y’all, down for some input on the below proposed guidelines

Derails: accidentsderails will happen, sometimes organically! Some are positive, fun and occasionally sexy tangents. Others are soul sucking slap fights that bring out the worst traits posters and those are the derails we strive to curb. Minds are made up, mouths are undone.

With that, if I or another fool that’s an IK request a ceasefire on a derail, it isn’t for a probefest, but if it’s a probefest you want, it’s one you’ll get. I believe in giving someone a fair shot, but if you ignore a warning and get a sixer…I don’t want to hear it cause I know what I’ve done.

Fake stories: yeah some of these are some clown college attempts at writing. I don’t want every page filled with “FAKE. PHONY” so calm down Holden Caulfield. If it’s something you can hilariously debunk (like for instance, someone saying an event took place on Feb 31st), that’s fine.

But if crying fake gets excessive or it’s the only drat thing being posted, I’ll enforce the “post another drat thing, then” rule. I presume that this is a self explanatory rule.

Other things to keep in mind: goons are, and have always been, rather diverse and of all spots and stripes. This is more apparent in a post-Lowtax era and honestly? Good.

I urge you to be cognizant of that in this thread. How you act upon that is your own choice, but understand that some people won’t have the same experience as you and that poo poo happens. You may have a bit more needed to understand them, or conversely, other goons might not (or obstinately refuse to) get it. Have as much patience as needed or deserved. Some goons can, will, and want to learn and grow. Others will cling to their mudpit of idiocy as they know of nothing more and insist on making you a resident there. Expend energy accordingly, but if you need a second pair of eyes, don’t hesitate to DM me or email me at someawfulwitch at geemale dawt calm. I don’t have access to mod reports so that is usually the most expedient way of getting my attention outside of the Cuervo gold and the fine Columbian.

wise bards once said “you and me baby ain’t nothing but mammals, so let’s do it like they do on the discovery channel (build and document a thriving ecosystem of goons in their tall begoatsed towers, mocking redditors below for a laugh)”

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

the holy poopacy posted:

I need my emotional support beejohn to help me cope with anxiety from creepy dudes telling me that my emotional support beejohn is illegal

Emotional support beejohn is making me corpse a la DeLuise, thank you

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
look unless they’re using Maybellines Great Lash I won’t judge

Or younique products

Please do not engage my bad makeup snark

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

deety posted:

I like all of this, but I'd love to see the "no abuse stories" bit that's already in the OP expanded on, like maybe a guideline to tread extra carefully when a borderline story involves kids, other especially vulnerable people, or animals.

And maybe a reminder for folks to consider whether the personal stories that a reddit post reminded them of are a good fit for the tone of the thread.

Good call!

Barudak posted:

Wanting to makeup snark but not letting us do it back seems real <puts on my Versace by Fendi sunglasses> TooFaced

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
you can only talk about the nerd on nerd violence post if you post your favorite smash stage and it CANNOT BE FINAL DESTINATION

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Johnny Truant posted:

Practice Mode with controllable bots

*gets banned*

I’ll see to a perma for this!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Cloacamazing! posted:

Would you believe me this is not the best Dickmann's product? That would be the limited Dick Easter special:

Eier is in fact slang for balls, so even a proper translation of that would still end up with "Fatman's huge balls". They can't not be doing this on purpose.

Ok but Moam

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

AceClown posted:

is this loss?

Well something might be going loose so tangentially. Loss: Gaiden

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

AceClown posted:

AITA For making a bad joke?

If this isn't a race-swapped post where some chud got in poo poo for asking a table of black dudes if they want some fried chicken and watermelon I'll eat my dick and balls

That is 100 percent bait and I yearn to know what really happened

However:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

limp_cheese posted:

I wish this one had everybody's race.

Alternatively the dad is a closeted gay man and is upset his daughter is dating his ideal man so he tries to break them up so he doesn't have that temptation around anymore.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
While I see it’s slowly dying, I want the long con divorce dad topic to die and be dead, so with that, we are done with that topic goddamn it sucked the first time it was posted.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

I think it's important to remember that every AITA poster is an unreliable narrator, but you and other posters are further exaggerating what was conveyed in the post. OP's husband told her that he'd stick around until Christmas and after that he wanted to break up, and then he mentioned the cheating as a motivating reason. I know that it's a lot more exciting to imagine that he spent 16 years meticulously planning a massively dramatic mindfuck of a breakup, but reality is a lot more mundane than that and the fact of the matter is that a lot of people wind up separating when the kids grow up for far lesser reasons than "I never really got over that year that you spent partying and sleeping around while I raised our toddler as a single parent." As readers we're playing a game of telephone with an emotionally-compromised reddit poster, and from what little detail we have it seems like he put real effort into not just being a parent but also in being a partner. People can break up, it's fine and I sincerely doubt that a single sentence uttered 16 years ago was the sole motivation here.

I’ll give you until I’m in my office to read my previous post

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
My mom would have LOVED this idea of gifting experiences or Lego (I just loved Lego). That’s actually smart as hell.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

StrangersInTheNight posted:

As someone whose parents stayed together far too long trying to do just this: the kids can tell and it's so much worse than just having two separate households. I don't know why 'staying together for the children' is considered noble, when it's just egotism, dragging everyone through your barely concealed pain and convincing yourself it's working. It does not work in the children's favor - it's just about the adults salving their own guilt.

Being raised by two people barely containing their contempt for each other as your primary model for human interaction, it really fucks up your ideas of what stable healthy human relationships look like and you pretty much always think people have a hidden prerogative. It made me a cynic, even as a child.

And now I'm estranged from my dad who is the parent who insisted on pulling our family through that painful torture because of this kool-aid, so there ya go.

Coming home from school to a household of people pretending to like each other is some heartbreaking poo poo, don't do that to a kid.

You don’t have PMs but uh, add content or I won’t give you a sixer, as we are done with this topic. you have until I’m on the train. How long does that take?

you’ll see

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Oh poo poo I was just coming back bc I just hit the part of the thread where you threatened probes IM SORRY I should not respond before finishing up new posts hold onnnn I'll grab content

You’re good, I sensed it was a mistake

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

My hair is red probe incoming

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Well I’m on time to this thread to see that it’s getting a bit snippy. You can continue the delay derail, but add content.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Should I speak to his wife and get her story?

quote:

I'll keep this as short as possible, would appreciate some advice.

I've been with my(f34) boyfriend(m35) for just over a year. We just bought a house together a few months ago.

He has a 14 year old daughter who he doesn't see due to her mum stopping contact and turning his daughter against him.

He also has a son who is 6 who he doesn't see either. He is still married to his sons mother but they've been separated for 5 years and she hates him. She stopped contact for no reason and she only allows him to see his son for a few minutes at birthdays/Christmas.

I've never spoken to his exes but he's told me that they both want to ruin his life and hate him for no reason. I know both his ex's have been with their boyfrinds for years and seem happy.

I sometimes feel like he isn't telling me the whole truth and whenever I try to ask more questions, he gets quite defensive.

We once bumped into his ex and son in a shop last year. my boyfriend completely ignored her while only talking to his son. She said hi to me and I said hi back but I felt very awkward and afterwards he would barely talk about it and said he didn't want to introduce us because she is crazy and would try to ruin our relationship.

What should I do? I want to marry this man one day and I love him. Should I reach out to his wife and get her side of the story? Or just leave it?

Thanks

EDIT: just want to add, he has a lot of amazing qualities and I really love him. He's had a hard life and has admitted to making mistakes in his past but I really want our relationship to work. I believe him but I have that niggling feeling in the back of my mind that is more of a what if?

EDIT. OK, for the marriage part. I only recently found out he is still married AFTER we bought our house. He told me he hasn't divorced her because it would be over 1k and he is mentally drained because she lies about everything etc.

I've read all of your responses and appreciate all the advice. I still want to be with him, I love him. I just don't know what to do now.

Tl,dr: my boyfriend says his two kids mums are crazy, is still married to one of them. He gets defensive when I ask questions. Should I speak to his wife?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

8one6 posted:

She already bought the house with him? Oh no.
:ohdear:

Lmao

Lmao

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
it sucks the uh, quote attributor is no poo poo :catdrugs: but “great tits and an ashkenazi IQ” is one of my favorite phrases.

Carry on

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

my wife found this one and it upset her so i'm posting it here, it didn't get a ton of traction somehow even though it ticks all reddit's boxes

AITA for calling out my fiance for lying about being a size small?

Lmao dude did not need to bring that up and light that dynamite. Yeah some stores have weird sizing poo poo that’s pulled out of a dead Frenchman’s rear end, I have a few in mind, but I have a feeling OPs partner didn’t shop at those.

Though “My fiance is gorgeous BECAUSE she is bigger” is hopefully not what that dude meant. I really hope so.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

therobit posted:

Thefuck is wrong with liking big girls?

0/10 wouldn’t recommend.

:thejoke:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

Please don't post your E/N status updates here, or if you do then you have to at least couch it in an AITA style post

please no homegrown AITA

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

My (33F) friend (33F) is being used for propaganda and I don't know how to reach out to her about it

quote:

My friend got a really, really, bad side effect that can happen with injections and is extremely rare - unfortunately the injection that gave her the side effect is the J&J Covid vaccine. She has been posting about it on her personal social media, but it looks like her posts are being shared by a VERY OBVIOUS propaganda blog (it calls the J&J a "DNA vaccine", includes links to buy Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquin, there's a page about how masks are evil, etc.; if this were a relatively unbaised news article I would be less concerned, but it's definitely not). This blog is the second result when you search her name. She has a reasonably public life with businesses under her actual name - these are all below the propaganda piece in question in the search results.

I want to reach out to her to make sure she's aware (working under the assumption that she doesn't know/didn't authorize this) because it's both very harmful propaganda by itself and could hurt her business - I know I would be not feel safe hiring her if I saw this and assumed it was OK'd by her. I know we have differing political beliefs (she's Christian and I think leans soft right; I'm queer, very far left, pagan) so I'm afraid my default reaction is colored by politics. I'm pretty good IRL at talking to people from all backgrounds and persuasions usually, but I'm a bit stumped here. I think mostly it's because I'm afraid of losing her because she's my oldest friend and her parents are like second parents to me - I've known her since I was a couple hours old. We've drifted apart for a couple decades but I am afraid to lose what is left. Reddit, how should I approach this?

(If it matters I'm vaccinated, doing fine, and eagerly awaiting my booster).

tl;dr: My friend got a rare side effect from an injection and is being used for outright dangerous anti-vax propaganda. I want to warn her but I don't know how to approach due to our differing backgrounds

The comments on this one are taking years off my life. Some of them are straight downplaying the OPs concerns and :argh:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Quackles posted:

r/relationships: how can you LEGALLY not give me photos of ME

As someone who works with freelancers, I truly hate this OP. Like, on a “the rings are coming off” way.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

AAAAA I gotta find the original as OP nuked it from orbit, she is so wrong wrong wrong on so many levels

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I don’t think one race has ownership of pregnancy boudoir photos, barring they’re like, not with a big swastika on the womb or in grand wizard robes.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
It’s an unwinnable game and OP deserves to do what she feels is healthiest for her, even if it includes losing some extra familial weight.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

8one6 posted:

So she has a cat and a fish that the owns but doesn't take care of and is adding a dog to that?

Maybe grow a spine and tell her she can't have animals.

Probably too busy plinking

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Gnoman posted:

That's a rough one.

I’m still wildly baffled at the whole situation. Like I’ll be watching tv and the term “plinking” and “nepotism” float through my head

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

the holy poopacy posted:

feels like a no brainer tbh. kids taste like garbage and they're so much work for the little bit of meat on the bone, frankly I don't know how witches manage.

We all don’t eat kids yknow.

sometimes we go for infants, too

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Serephina posted:

Nothing too spicy here, but I got a good guffaw at the spoilered part. The first post was just him sending flowers after talking to her on the phone.

[UPDATE] A client(23/24M) sent flowers and chocolate for me(19F) to my work. I’m not sure how to respond or what’s appropriate

Lmao been there girl, smart move

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
AITA for agreeing with my daughter that I didnt like her name?

quote:

Mildred.

That's my 6 year old daughter's name. I fought so hard to not have her named that, but my wife was dead set on it. Who even names their kid Mildred anymore? Are we in the 19th century or something? And plus I know how kids are. Sure enough, I picked up my daughter from school today and usually she's excited when I pick her up, but she was quiet. I kept asking her what was wrong and when we were almost home, she finally confessed and said that someone in her class had said that her name "sounded like a grandma." Basically, old.

She said she didn't like her name anymore, and I tried to sympathize by saying, "I'm sorry kiddo. Yeah, I never liked your name either. I thought it was a stupid name when I first heard it, but everyone in the family thought it was okay, and I got shot down. But on the bright side, you can change it when you get older."

We were in the garage by then and she looked at me in horror and said, "You don't like my name either?" And she opened the door, crying, and ran inside before I could catch her. She told her mother that I said her name was stupid (somehow she also forgot to mention the kid in her class who started it) and even after I explained the whole situation to my wife, she was mad and wanted me to apologize.

I refused. I said, "Apologize for what? I don't like the name, I never liked the name, and our daughter doesn't even like the name." I was mad at the moment, too, so I walked away but later I tried to talk to our daughter and ask why she just started crying like that because I was genuinely confused (still am, to be honest) but all she said was that she wasn't "happy at me" and that she didn't want to talk to me right at the moment.

I'm not too worried about my daughter because she's 6, so she'll probably forget it by tomorrow or like a week at most, but my wife is really mad at me right now because she was telling me that I should apologize tomorrow, and I kept saying no. I think she just feels guilty that she named our daughter Mildred, but I'm curious if I'm TA here.

All I did was agree with my daughter when she said she didn't like her name. I still want an explanation why she just started crying like that.

Edit: For anyone just reading this, if you reached this point, I think I have enough replies. I'm going to bed soon, so I just want to reply to the answers I've already received and I don't want this to get too big. It's not that serious. Thank you.

Edit 2: I think I've replied to everyone. The consensus seems to be that I should apologize but I think I'll wait and see if my daughter even remembers this in the morning. And I'm definitely not apologizing until she tells me she just randomly started crying like that. She said she didn't like her name, I agreed, and she started crying. Makes no sense. Should I do update tomorrow? Maybe, maybe not - we'll see. Anyway, good night. Thank you for the replies.

Also, anyone just reading this for the first time, you don't need to leave anymore comments, if you're just gonna say YTA. I get the point. I would be interested to see if anyone has any NTA comments and I will definitely try to look and read those tomorrow. Night everyone.

please god be fake. Please tell me there is not a person like this in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Heads up this is some no poo poo elder abuse and I really think this is the plot to a film, mercy

Dad has severe dementia/Alzheimer’s. His girlfriend bought him a one way ticket out of the US when she no longer wanted to care for him, and I can’t get him back. She continues to email and call him telling him to do dangerous things.

quote:

My dad has dual US/Danish citizenship and owns a small vacation house in Denmark where he is currently staying. He has lived with his girlfriend in her home in California for the last 20 years. She has isolated him from me since 2017 when he was diagnosed. Recently she decided she could no longer care for him and instead of accepting my request to take over, she bought him a one way ticket to Denmark and sent him off. She even got him a wheelchair escort and wrote instructions how to pay his bills. She told me it was a “short trip” but come to find out there was no return ticket. He got scared after a few weeks and came back, so she had her attorney write to me refusing all responsibility for him, denying him entry into her home and telling me he is my problem only. They never had a lease, there was no eviction process. He showed up at her door, she temporarily took him in, and then sent him off AGAIN!

I am unable to bring him home because I have nowhere to put him. Fortunately his dual citizenship allows him access to stay there and have healthcare, but neither of them did the proper paperwork so he was in limbo, wandering, without meds, police incidents etc. so I made an emergency trip to get the situation under control. We had POA notarized at the US Embassy, he has a Danish social worker now and the Danish doctor strongly recommended he be appointed a legal guardian through the municipality. I got him a new phone and blocked her number, but she just calls and texts him from different phones. She continues to harass and direct him from afar. She tells him to go to the bank and take out all his money or climb on his roof to fix the antenna, or take long train trips. He has already been robbed and missing for days trying to complete her quest.

Yesterday I was denied an elder abuse restraining order against her by our local probate court because the “protected person” is not “living” in the US. I explained to the judge that the postal service, social security administration, IRS, State tax board, and several financial institutions would all disagree, and that he is only in Denmark because his abuser sent him there and I’m unable to retrieve him. I had so much proof. She wouldn’t even hear my statement and dismissed us.

Assuming my father will not be able to return to the US, and I hold POA, what are my options for legal recourse against the girlfriend for this abuse?She needs to be held responsible.

E: oh I think this is legit, there are posts in Danish, the potato’s tongue.

teen witch fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 29, 2021