Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pingcode
Feb 25, 2011
Just started playing this too, kinda hilarious the different ways the card game lets you break it over your knee

My first win was one where the game let me put Ants on all my squirrels, dropping X/2s every turn was hilarious and staggeringly broken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pingcode
Feb 25, 2011

goferchan posted:

No, consumable items are definitely useful, but if you're prioritizing them on the map then make sure to be using them regularly because an item spot will refill your items to full and if you're still hoarding some when you get there then those slots are effectively wasted. Mantis God isn't a special unlock iirc, but it is fairly rare. Assuming you have a sigil to put on something, probably the most powerful spot in the board is the altar and I'd try to hit those at all costs -- not only does it let you create a more powerful (sometimes totally broken) card, it also thins down your deck size and makes you more likely to draw into the cards that you actually want. Even a low-impact outcome like giving flight to your stoat or whatever is a huge boost to your overall card quality-- instead of having a chance of drawing a vanilla 1/2 or a 1/1 with flying, now you'll draw a 1/2 with flying instead, which is almost always a better option than both of those.

Yeah, the sacrifice altars are the most powerful spaces on the map

The two key fracture points are:
- A powerful sigil on a card too cheap for it (eg. Death Touch or Immortality on a 0 or 1 cost card)
- A scaling sigil on a card with higher stats than it should (eg. Spikes on a high health card, more than 1 attack on a dual/triple attacker)

Getting hold of either will break the game and, if you can’t get enough during play, the death cards are pretty much designed to steadily pour broken cards into the pool

Pingcode
Feb 25, 2011
Man, yeah. I personally enjoyed the game start to finish but it's maddening how much better Act 1 is than the rest of the game - with a little more focus (and confidence in the concept) it could easily have carried the entire game on its own and been better off for it

I really hope someone takes the Slay The Escape Room concept and fleshes it out into its own thing, maybe pacing it out with more back and forth between the deckbuilder and the escape room