Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
It was funny seeing the only causal mechanism that doesn’t break the laws of physics (other than mass psychogenic illness) come out, that being that the symptoms were caused by pesticides being sprayed at the embassy to deal with Zika carrying mosquitoes, and then just get completely loving buried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The ghouls at the top are prepping to take back the extra benefits their embassy critters swindled their way into. Even dead eyed psychopathic true believers out doing America's dirty work don't deserve anything above their pay grade according to the gerentocracy.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

my favorite was the guys mysteriously getting havana syndrome in their virginia suburbs

anyway all that money congress gave out for the fake disease is never coming back lmao. congrats to all those alphabet agency guys who got to renovate their kitchens because they got tummyaches from a career of doing evil demon poo poo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

That means they have to give back all the money right.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i bet if you brain scanned every last cia agent they'd all be brain damaged

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
they're havana act real good if they want to keep that money

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Send the Cia agents to my classroom and I can fix them

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
this has definitely been posted 500 times itt

https://twitter.com/kenmegalopsuxos/status/1525818968191250432

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Cpt_Obvious posted:

That means they have to give back all the money right.

Lmfao no.

But it does mean that the money might not get reupped. Which is still kinda lovely if you wanted more money.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
it only now occurred to me, if anyone had believed this was real, why didnt the Russians use their brain ray gun in Ukraine at all?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

eSports Chaebol posted:

it only now occurred to me, if anyone had believed this was real, why didnt the Russians use their brain ray gun in Ukraine at all?

That's more or less what thinking people said about the whole brain ray thing as soon as it came up. If the Russians can just melt anyone's brain at any time with no notice, then we might as well call Putin up and surrender.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

ok say NOW everyone is trusting the CIA??? :thunk:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/09/pentagon-funding-experiments-animals-havana-syndrome-00086393

Politico posted:

The Pentagon is funding experiments on animals to recreate ‘Havana Syndrome’

The testing looks to see if directed energy on ferrets can replicate the mysterious ailment suffered by U.S. personnel.

The Defense Department is funding experiments on animals to determine if radio frequency waves could be the source of the mysterious ailment referred to as “Havana Syndrome” that has afflicted hundreds of U.S. government personnel in recent years, according to public documents and three people familiar with the effort.
The Army in September awarded Wayne State University in Michigan a $750,000 grant to study the effects of radio frequency waves on ferrets, which have brains similar to humans, according to information on the grant posted on USASpending.gov.
DoD has also recently tested pulsed radio frequency sources on primates to try to determine whether their effects can be linked to what the government calls “anomalous health incidents,” according to one former intelligence official and a current U.S. official who were briefed on the effort.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Hello Congress my student loans have Havana syndrome please give me a poo poo ton of money for their suffering

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

we have successfully made a horse hungover

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
We cannot allow a Havana syndrome gap!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Congrats to those scientists for getting a bunch of money to blast radio waves at ferrets

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Elon Musk already perfected Havana syndrome in monkeys with Neuralink

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
If they successfully invent it, they will deploy it against the entire civilian populations of sanctioned countries

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
We played the ferrets Jazz FM for two hours a day and strangely, they didn't develop brain damage. Thanks for the $750k.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

vyelkin posted:

Congrats to those scientists for getting a bunch of money to blast radio waves at ferrets

thats whats up dude. 750k to gently caress around for a few months then send a letter to the dod saying your results were inconclusive and you need another bag of cash to get to the bottom of this.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

What if we tried alcohol?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
havana syndrome is too good a grift to just give up on

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Health Care $0
Climate Change $0
Student Loan Relief $0
Microwaving Ferrets $750,000

someone who is good at the economy please help. my country is dying

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Have they tried giving cocaine to the ferrets yet because if not I have a grant to write

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

The Oldest Man posted:

Have they tried giving cocaine to the ferrets yet because if not I have a grant to write

were you behind this too? https://twitter.com/WBBMNewsradio/status/1635356500511326208

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I wonder how they will test these ferrets for havana syndrome. Ask if they have a headache? Try and feed them aspirin?

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Weka posted:

I wonder how they will test these ferrets for havana syndrome. Ask if they have a headache? Try and feed them aspirin?

Sounds like another $750,000 question

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
I have successfully induced Havana syndrome in myself by sleeping next to a running ultrasound tranceiver after drinking a fifth of vodka.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

lol apparently the Army literally reversed its ban on using animals in weapon development tests for this

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

lol apparently the Army literally reversed its ban on using animals in weapon development tests for this
sometimes you have to make tough choices like that

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

I once got some ropa vieja stuck between my teeth. do I get a Havana syndrome payout

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

ddinkins posted:

I once got some ropa vieja stuck between my teeth. do I get a Havana syndrome payout

you got old clothing stuck in your teeth?

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

yes, it was delicious. everyone should try it

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

We have locked a pig in a room with a person who only talks about what they read in their Twitter feed. We have successfully discovered the cause of Havana Syndrome

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
DOD changing its animal testing rules so you can get a ferret blackout drunk to see if it has havana syndrome the next morning

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Spergin Morlock posted:

you got old clothing stuck in your teeth?

ddinkins posted:

yes, it was delicious. everyone should try it

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i hope everyone's havana nice friday night