Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I'm havana pleasant Saturday evening, thanks Al! Think I'm about to be havana couple of beers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://deadline.com/2023/04/simon-and-schuster-imprint-wins-bidding-war-book-soldier-havana-syndrome-1235321051/

quote:

The logline for the memoir by Scott Andrews takes some time to unpack, but it’s a doozy. Andrews is a former senior U.S soldier and decorated intelligence officer who conducted global counterterrorism operations on behalf of the United States during a 36-year military career. Shortly after returning from an overseas mission, he began to suffer from rare, life-threatening ailments that defied medical explanation. Rather than succumbing, he instead began to experience special, inexplicable abilities such as remote viewing, and his body began to heal, baffling doctors.

[...]

Referred to a classified White House National Security Council program, which had been delegated to the Department of Defense, Andrews then met a man who ran the highly classified program, who introduced him to a doctor. The doctor had worked for the CIA and had expertise enabling him to help Andrews start to piece together what has happened to him and others like him. Soon after connecting with the doctor, Andrews says he experienced symptoms associated with the Havana Syndrome, a phenomenon first reported by military personnel working at the U.S. Embassy in Havana, Cuba, in 2016. The syndrome has generated significant media attention in top-tier outlets including 60 Minutes and The New York Times in recent years. An investigation went on to determine that Andrews had been targeted with an advanced energy weapon.

i believe him

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

bump

quote:

New Studies Find No Evidence of Brain Injury in Havana Syndrome Cases

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

im a havana syndrome truther (its real)

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

the studies leave it open that the brain injuries could have healed if they were microwave attacks!

and also magic.

or god.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Soon after getting schizophrenia, he started getting weird symptoms that went away after he stopped thinking about them for a bit.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
not only did the russians create a microwave gun that gives you havana syndrome, they also made one that erases all the evidence

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

The CIA doctor gave him the Havana syndrome

These studies are obviously flawed if they didn't detect brain injuries in American troops

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
They caught the Havana man.
https://twitter.com/60Minutes/status/1773412210305270180

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Lol, there's clearly an internal war between the factions that want to be taken seriously and the factions that think Havana is a good enough tool to start a war with.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

this dude is havana bad day

Weka
May 5, 2019

I would like to use this opportunity to come clean. I have constructed a device using a microwave and a satellite dish and I believe it is this that has been giving these people havana syndrome. It was an accident, ok?

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lol still doing this

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1774446388736131255
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1774456900668530740

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lumpentroll posted:

lol still doing this

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
don't stop me now, I'm havana good time

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol i had on 60 minutes after the basketball game and came here to post about their dumb story. hell yeah

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Lot of work for an April Fool's Day joke.

Kopmala
Mar 28, 2024

60 minutes is covering this right meow

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

wait they're now claiming havana syndrome was caused by an LRAD, that's just sad

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Kopmala posted:

60 minutes is covering this right meow

that retired DIA dude they just interviewed is nuts lol

or i guess just bloodthirsty for war against russia

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

they keep interviewing 'victims' and all their symptoms and experiences are wildly different!!!!!

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

chirp chirp now you have brain damage lol

Kopmala
Mar 28, 2024

Wait, is this thread ruling out Russia?

Lol that evidence of the military unit being active in Tiblisi was pretty damning.

Kopmala
Mar 28, 2024

i say swears online posted:

that retired DIA dude they just interviewed is nuts lol

or i guess just bloodthirsty for war against russia

I think he was saying that they won't make it public because Americans would be clamoring for a retaliatory attack

i think he meant the Pentagon would be demanding retaliation

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
there should be retaliation for giveing brave american troops psychic hangovers

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Rules to click on Twitter comments for 60 minutes and see it full of people laughing at them, a few idiots demanding war and then a bunch of gangstalking people just having their day in the sun.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

sleeptalker posted:

lmao

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010

sleeptalker posted:

Kenshiro pointing at the viewer and making cricket noises

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
you are already braindamaged

Kopmala
Mar 28, 2024

Cerebral Bore posted:

you are already braindamaged

does that mean he's now cured

or did it brain damage his brain damage?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
lol

https://twitter.com/steakwilson/status/1774805679665971486

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

why do it that way

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's very stupid. the most tedious way to remain anonymous possible

but what if that agent was already susceptible to attention-seeking behavior in some way???

Weka
May 5, 2019

i say swears online posted:

it's very stupid. the most tedious way to remain anonymous possible

but what if that agent was already susceptible to attention-seeking behavior in some way???

I believe that is a havana syndrome symptom

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

havin a syndrome

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
This is unacceptable; according to the rules of debating and discussing, we have to consider havana syndrome as real. After all, I'm pretty sure you can't just post lies online and in news stories!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
loving how this is a scoop by virtue of 60 minutes just believing everything anyone said to them

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

the "I am spartacus" scene from spartacus but it's a bunch of govies saying they have havana syndrome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

*In the 60 minutes voice*

"The wig was her idea."