Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
checking my official cia-issued guide to moderating cspam and it says that havana syndrome is definitely 100% real, anyway apropos of nothing i have noticed the crickets are unusually active these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

a.p. dent posted:

absolutely incredible that they passed a bill based on "when you think about it, it's even MORE suspicious that there's no evidence"

lack of evidence just proves that our cunning, nefarious enemies are really good at hiding evidence

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

John Charity Spring posted:

please ban any havana syndrome deniers, mods

banned, banned, banned, youre all banned. none of you are free of headaches

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ikanreed posted:

But seriously, I don't know how to handle how loving gullible the entirety of the United States government is at all levels

absolutely cannot pass any bills to spend money on improving people's lives to save their lives, but can easily and without even bothering to debate it pass bills giving extra money to: police, military, israel, cia agents with hangovers

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

frankenfreak posted:

Incredibly disappointed the first reply isn't

btw

daaaaaaamn

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
people in the past had cool psychosomatic diseases like an entire town spontaneously deciding to dance until they dropped dead, nowadays we just get hangover symptoms

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

30.5 Days posted:

Did anybody try fumigating castro's house and like telling him it was safe a few days too early. Just thought of that, just now.

this makes me wonder, did any of the cia agents fall ill shortly after picking up a particularly pretty shell on the beach?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
havana ooh-na-na
i got a headache in Havana ooh-na-na

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Delta-Wye posted:

senator collins taking care of our brokebrain mods :blessed:

oh my god the POSTER Act of 2021 lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Hedenius posted:

By googling studies on Havana Syndrome I found out that a bunch of Canadian diplomats in Havana started showing symptoms similar to the Americans around the same time back in 2016. A Canadian study was published in 2019: Havana Syndrome Among Canadian Diplomats: Brain Imaging Reveals Acquired Neurotoxicity.

So exposure to organophosphorus insecticides could explain all symptoms associated with Havana Syndrome? And Havana Syndrome first appeared just after Cuba tried to combat the spread of the Zika virus by mass indoor and outdoor fumigations? And reports of symptoms increased dramatically when fumigations were done in and around the houses of the Canadian staff?

But I'm sure it's a Russian brain ray.

inhaling a bunch of insecticide makes sense to me, but otoh who do we get to bomb if it turns out diplomats and spies just love huffing roundup?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Smythe posted:

its not i opened the caseand listened. it sounds like its coming from behind my left shoulder but u cant hear it if u move 24 inches in any direction. its hosed up!!!

it's your brain telling you to log off

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Smythe posted:

i figured out the ticking. it was actually acoustics. theres construction dudes acorss the street and while i was sitting in my chair i could hear the nail gun twice with a perceptible delay, once from the left and once from the right. intrigued, i look out the window & was able to see the guy moving around up there so i watchhim and notice that if he moves a couple feet in either direction i can hear either the tool once from the left, twice from both sides but with lag, or only from the right when it bounces off an apartment building on the other side of my unit. pretty crazy. i can hear it very clearly from the bounce. kinda reminds of those cool dishes they had at astrocamp where you could whisper into it and hear it clear as day on the other dish really far away just via acoustics. makes u respect that kind of engineering in big concert venues and such

that's pretty cool Smythe

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Congrats to those scientists for getting a bunch of money to blast radio waves at ferrets

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
We played the ferrets Jazz FM for two hours a day and strangely, they didn't develop brain damage. Thanks for the $750k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
DOD changing its animal testing rules so you can get a ferret blackout drunk to see if it has havana syndrome the next morning