Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
The only way it would be worth it is if the hamburgers caused Havana syndrome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Has anybody considered that instead of microwaves, it could be what I like to call "mega-waves"? The evidence is pretty compelling I think.
1) Larger waves penetrate better than puny "micro" waves
2) They have been known to be associated with significant mental impairment in the case of AM radio.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Smythe posted:

i figured out the ticking. it was actually acoustics. theres construction dudes acorss the street and while i was sitting in my chair i could hear the nail gun twice with a perceptible delay, once from the left and once from the right. intrigued, i look out the window & was able to see the guy moving around up there so i watchhim and notice that if he moves a couple feet in either direction i can hear either the tool once from the left, twice from both sides but with lag, or only from the right when it bounces off an apartment building on the other side of my unit. pretty crazy. i can hear it very clearly from the bounce. kinda reminds of those cool dishes they had at astrocamp where you could whisper into it and hear it clear as day on the other dish really far away just via acoustics. makes u respect that kind of engineering in big concert venues and such

Thanks for the update. Have you considered that the Russian government may have built that apartment building it's bouncing off and that the construction worker may be a Cuban brain assassin?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That's not normal, I think you have HS.

Weka
May 5, 2019

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/09/pentagon-funding-experiments-animals-havana-syndrome-00086393

Politico posted:

The Pentagon is funding experiments on animals to recreate ‘Havana Syndrome’

The testing looks to see if directed energy on ferrets can replicate the mysterious ailment suffered by U.S. personnel.

The Defense Department is funding experiments on animals to determine if radio frequency waves could be the source of the mysterious ailment referred to as “Havana Syndrome” that has afflicted hundreds of U.S. government personnel in recent years, according to public documents and three people familiar with the effort.
The Army in September awarded Wayne State University in Michigan a $750,000 grant to study the effects of radio frequency waves on ferrets, which have brains similar to humans, according to information on the grant posted on USASpending.gov.
DoD has also recently tested pulsed radio frequency sources on primates to try to determine whether their effects can be linked to what the government calls “anomalous health incidents,” according to one former intelligence official and a current U.S. official who were briefed on the effort.

Weka
May 5, 2019

I wonder how they will test these ferrets for havana syndrome. Ask if they have a headache? Try and feed them aspirin?

Weka
May 5, 2019

I'm havana pleasant Saturday evening, thanks Al! Think I'm about to be havana couple of beers!

Weka
May 5, 2019

The CIA doctor gave him the Havana syndrome

These studies are obviously flawed if they didn't detect brain injuries in American troops

Weka
May 5, 2019

I would like to use this opportunity to come clean. I have constructed a device using a microwave and a satellite dish and I believe it is this that has been giving these people havana syndrome. It was an accident, ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

i say swears online posted:

it's very stupid. the most tedious way to remain anonymous possible

but what if that agent was already susceptible to attention-seeking behavior in some way???

I believe that is a havana syndrome symptom