Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
just heard a weird sound. feeling woozy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
bumping this thread kuz due to some strange acoustics there is a ticking in my house. its pretty fast ticking. but its not from inside and you cant hear it outside of a 2x2' zone which is where my computer is. i spent an hour trying to locate it today. i think im being targeted by the havana weapon. im actually losing my mind lmao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

CoolCab posted:

some part of your computer is making a ticking noise, i'd wager. bit of plastic intermittently getting clipped by a fan maybe?

its not i opened the caseand listened. it sounds like its coming from behind my left shoulder but u cant hear it if u move 24 inches in any direction. its hosed up!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Filthy Hans posted:

I heard a weird ticking in my bedroom last night and it took me several minutes to track it down

turns out, I was hearing one of the AAA batteries in my tv remote rupturing, it was ticking a couple times per second

I took it out and wiped out the battery acid, hopefully it didn't do any lasting damage

wow crazy

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

vyelkin posted:

it's your brain telling you to log off

i have to do my homework here

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
iw as supposed to do this yesterday but i played monster train for 8 hours instead and now im hosed

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

CoolCab posted:

turn the devices off at the wall (ie, unplug them) and confirm. could be a cap going

its not the computer its a targetted harassment device from the rude teens across the street they are beaming it into my window to troll me but im not going to take im going to show them whats up windows 95 style thats right with a shovel. just as soon as i finish getting this tattoo done

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

ArmZ posted:

you Havana laugh mate???

only thing im "having" is a nervous breakdown due to targetted attacks!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe posted:

i have to do my homework here

i ended up drinking some terrible cocktails with my neighbors today so i didnt do this until like 830 pm but its done now. for those wondering...

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the ticking is gone today. they are building apartments or something across the street during the week I think it’s related. stay tuned

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i figured out the ticking. it was actually acoustics. theres construction dudes acorss the street and while i was sitting in my chair i could hear the nail gun twice with a perceptible delay, once from the left and once from the right. intrigued, i look out the window & was able to see the guy moving around up there so i watchhim and notice that if he moves a couple feet in either direction i can hear either the tool once from the left, twice from both sides but with lag, or only from the right when it bounces off an apartment building on the other side of my unit. pretty crazy. i can hear it very clearly from the bounce. kinda reminds of those cool dishes they had at astrocamp where you could whisper into it and hear it clear as day on the other dish really far away just via acoustics. makes u respect that kind of engineering in big concert venues and such

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Weka posted:

Thanks for the update. Have you considered that the Russian government may have built that apartment building it's bouncing off and that the construction worker may be a Cuban brain assassin?

insightful. it is indeed possble...............

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

hahahahahaha