Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/TheInsiderPaper/status/1461031226043772939?s=20

I think we can still speculate about the Oklahoma State Militia here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Atrocious Joe posted:

If they lost their federal salary/benefits/pension, wouldn't they all just quit

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

McNugget Buddy posted:

If they lost their federal salary/benefits/pension, wouldn't they all just quit

The ones that you probably don't want to stick around would stick around.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/TheInsiderPaper/status/1461031226043772939?s=20

I'm amazed at how quickly the US is collapsing into a series of buntustans ruled by warlords.

And in retrospect that's because I was so naive. That's on me, my bad.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx5aCESJJYk

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Lmfao

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
They'll be delivering me unlimited bread sticks at my local Olive Garden.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
maybe you could use them to stop corporations from poisoning your drinking water

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

lollontee posted:

maybe you could use them to stop corporations from poisoning your drinking water

I wonder if Paulie Shore is still in that water purification unit?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Invading Ethiopia wasn't on the list but sure
https://twitter.com/WFXRnews/status/1464708212796571654?s=20

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

This is one of the big changes since 9/11. The national Guard is now a a force of the regular rotation schedule. If you join the guard you can expect to be deployed overseas at some point.

This is so the active duty can focus on getting ready to fight Russia or China or be on a moment's alert to invade Poland or Ukraine or whatever the hell.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PeterCat posted:

This is one of the big changes since 9/11. The national Guard is now a a force of the regular rotation schedule. If you join the guard you can expect to be deployed overseas at some point.

This is so the active duty can focus on getting ready to fight Russia or China or be on a moment's alert to invade Poland or Ukraine or whatever the hell.

thats pretty cool imo

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

PeterCat posted:

that's deranged

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Yeah the redefinition of the national guard and the coast guard and air national guard into global offensive support units just kind of happened without any discussion or vote. You used to join the guard because you have kids and don't want to be gone for months.

When you ask coast guard people why they deploy to the black sea and shouldn't they rename it to the inland asian sea patrol they get really mad at you :shrug:

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Pryor on Fire posted:

Yeah the redefinition of the national guard and the coast guard and air national guard into global offensive support units just kind of happened without any discussion or vote. You used to join the guard because you have kids and don't want to be gone for months.

When you ask coast guard people why they deploy to the black sea and shouldn't they rename it to the inland asian sea patrol they get really mad at you :shrug:

there are consequences for being stupid enough to join the guard

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Palladium posted:

there are consequences for being stupid enough to join the guard

True enough, but the country doesn't have universal healthcare or college and you can get both by joining the Guard.

You can buy into Tricare Reserve Select, which is a portable, low premium, low deductible, low out of pocket health insurance program that is pretty close to what a public option ought to be, and you can get the GI Bill.

So you have to put up with being sent to Kuwait or Ethiopia for a year, but you won't have student debt if you use your education benefits wisely.

Since we don't have a draft the government wants to keep things this way to keep people signing up for the discount military. Use them like Active Duty but only have to pay them AD money when they're deployed.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

There's National Guard being sent to all kinds of out of the way places you don't hear about.

Remember Kosovo? Still there, it's been a mainly Guard mission since 2006.

Did you know we still have troops in the Sinai watchin the border between Egypt and Israel as a result of a deal worked out by the Carter Administration?

Yup, still Guardsmen there.

Kuwait, Iraq, Syria, lotta NG there too.

Tulsi Gabbard just got back from a deployment to Africa with her unit.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PeterCat posted:

True enough, but the country doesn't have universal healthcare or college and you can get both by joining the Guard.

You can buy into Tricare Reserve Select, which is a portable, low premium, low deductible, low out of pocket health insurance program that is pretty close to what a public option ought to be, and you can get the GI Bill.

So you have to put up with being sent to Kuwait or Ethiopia for a year, but you won't have student debt if you use your education benefits wisely.

Since we don't have a draft the government wants to keep things this way to keep people signing up for the discount military. Use them like Active Duty but only have to pay them AD money when they're deployed.

service guarantees citizenship

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

lollontee posted:

That's one thing it doesn't guarantee. There have been plenty of people with military records who got deported.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

Thank you for your service.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Crow Buddy posted:

what authoritarian communist hellhole is this??? :eek:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Crow Buddy posted:

love this pic

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Smythe posted:

love this pic

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Always Hot N Ready, Always There

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
check this poo poo out

national gourd

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

lollontee posted:

a much more progressive policy than the actual one.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
and you still got takers snaking queues round the gourd of imperial provinces. its pretty impressive, really. the reserve army of labour model of wage suppression takes on a life of its own when the principle is applied to all possibility of advancement in quality of life on a global level. you dont even need to guarantee anything, just the distant possibility of escape from misery, offered to the enslaved masses of the most exploited provinces, guarantees that they will trample heads to grasp it

what a wonderful machine

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Crow Buddy posted:

Semper Fries

The most American level in CoD was defending Burgertown

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

It's their birthday apparently
https://twitter.com/USNationalGuard/status/1470393068826234880?s=20

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Fund the government by making troops and NG create state owned onlyfans accounts.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Crow Buddy posted:

For The Golden Arches!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

back to the COVID mines
https://twitter.com/ARobbinsTV/status/1471874236893437959?s=20
https://twitter.com/WTHRcom/status/1471890672705839108?s=20

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Always there.

Except for when a joint session of Congress got raided and the Capitol building wasn't secure for like 4 hours, and then they just let everyone leave.

Anyway I think the National Guard should be immediately deployed to my balls.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
The national guard will be ground up and made into hamburgers in some state that doesn't grow cows because of supply chain problems.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

New National Guard job just dropped: babysitting
https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1484595669121830922?s=20

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

this is all very well and good but who will replace the national guard when they get sick

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

CODChimera posted:

this is all very well and good but who will replace the national guard when they get sick

kids and inmates

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Palladium posted:

kids and inmates

then scarecrows and those life size celebrity cardboard cutouts

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Called it.

Palladium posted:

kids and inmates

Looking forward to a neo-victorian era where kids are fooled into making money RIGHT NOW!

Look what is happening with truck driving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Crow Buddy posted:

see signing up really is just like playing call of duty irl