Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

I once had a magical time at that set. Bonanza Creek Ranch is a permanent old west set. Shot short films and rode a horse at sunset with my future wife.
It was one of the best moments of my life so far.
Well, that's my story. Thanks for listening.

Droogie fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Oct 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I think there was a festival circuit movie in the mid 2000s that either showed full penetration or some dude getting sucked off. Maybe they wanted to take that to the next level but rather than getting his knob slobbed Baldwin just decided to shoot a lady :shrug:

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

the woman who died, halyna hutchins, apparently only graduated from her AFI course in 2015. she was 42 until today so that means she went on that course at 34 and a few years later was making a movie with alec baldwin in it. which in most situations would be really good news.

that's pretty inspiring and makes me want to get off my half-depressed behind and go do a practical film course.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Warbadger posted:

You can gently caress somebody up with blanks just in general. Debris from the blank, squibs or obstructions of any kind in the barrel, or just plain being too close to somebody.

Edit: Also using old, hot loaded, or incorrect types of blanks. There are pretty hot loaded blanks meant to do things like lob rifle grenades long distances that you REALLY do not want to be out in front of.

just no. prop director super hosed up or alec baldwin is insane. this wasn't just a normal blank killing 2 people OR a grenade propellant you twit.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Best case scenario: They were filming a scene and he wasn't even pointing it at them and the blank/bullet went off course somehow

Probable scenario: Him having a temper tantrum between takes and shooting at the crew

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Who Is Paul Blart posted:

I think there was a festival circuit movie in the mid 2000s that either showed full penetration or some dude getting sucked off. Maybe they wanted to take that to the next level but rather than getting his knob slobbed Baldwin just decided to shoot a lady :shrug:

Brown Bunny was a genuinely terrible movie, but this has managed to be worse.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
This isn’t 2004-edgelord GBS guys, this is a terrible situation for everyone involved and you don’t have to feel like you need to make a joke about every situation.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

you're probably thinking of brown bunny which has choloe sevigny giving a full length BJ to vincent gallo in close up.

you better believe i had that dvd when i was 14.

roomtone fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Oct 22, 2021

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Wizard Master posted:

This isn’t 2004-edgelord GBS guys, this is a terrible situation for everyone involved and you don’t have to feel like you need to make a joke about every situation.

oh thanks Wizard Master for letting us know how we should behave.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Wizard Master posted:

shut the gently caress up wizard master

Dads Dip Cup
Aug 13, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Novo posted:

i am not a physicist or a firearms expert but it seems like plugging up a real gun and then putting blanks in it is maybe not the best idea

anyone who has seen what happens to Elmer Fudd when Bugs Bunny sticks his finger in the barrel of Elmer's shotgun would know better

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Wizard Master posted:

lol good one

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

roomtone posted:

you're probably thinking of brown bunny which has choloe sevingy giving a full length BJ to vincent gallo in close up.

you better believe i had that dvd when i was 14.

Does the dude bust?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Does the dude bust?

Yes, and Chloë Sevigny gets a lifetime pass for what she had to put up with from that rear end in a top hat.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Wendigee posted:

just no. prop director super hosed up or alec baldwin is insane. this wasn't just a normal blank killing 2 people OR a grenade propellant you twit.

He didn't kill two people. He killed one and injured a second. And yeah, that's pretty much the list of ways you injure or kill somebody with blanks - all of which have happened in the past and most of which would fall into the category of the prop director loving up and could happen with "normal" blanks.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

FBS posted:

To shoot one member of the production with your prop gun may be regarded as a misfortune; to shoot two looks like carelessness.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Wizard Master posted:

Everyone? Are you sure? Have you thought this opinion through?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Wizard Master posted:

somebody give me an edgy joke to change the thread title to

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

Everyone? Are you sure? Have you thought this opinion through?

it's not for me because i'm a maladjusted misanthrope totally and completely disconnected from this event. i'm laughing at the jokes itt but only the good ones (the bad ones are in poor taste because they're not funny)

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

LanceHunter posted:

Yes, and Chloë Sevigny gets a lifetime pass for what she had to put up with from that rear end in a top hat.

drat

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

it's not for me because i'm a maladjusted misanthrope totally and completely disconnected from this event. i'm laughing at the jokes itt but only the good ones (the bad ones are in poor taste because they're not funny)

I was thinking more of tabloid reporters.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Did Alec Bald win his club pool for being the first to shoot a human?

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
you're fired?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Aardvark! posted:

guns don't kill people, alec baldwins do

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

roomtone posted:

that's pretty inspiring and makes me want to get off my half-depressed behind and go do a practical film course.

that sounds like a good way to get yourself murdered by alec baldwin

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

:golfclap:

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Yikes

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

gotta be fake

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Oct 22, 2021

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Alec Baldwin shoots camerawoman that cannot fright back; we are all very sorry for your lots

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

thread title: "Another take? How about I just fuckin' shoot the both of ya?"

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/AlecBaldwin/status/74231693451591681

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Mister Speaker posted:

Usually there are multiple safety precautions taken, like plexi screens in front of crew and having a set armourer actually making sure the gun is safe before firing. I bet this was a squib load (a bullet lodged in the barrel) like what happened to Brandon Lee, and the storyboard called for an unfortunate take of Baldwin's character shooting directly at the camera.

Why would there be a bullet in the barrel of a movie gun in the first place? Like, I thought blanks didn’t have bullets.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ladies and gentlemen of the jury

Dads Dip Cup
Aug 13, 2009

Grimey Drawer

thankfully he was just joking

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Another take? I don’t have to take this! You take this! :blastu:

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Where's this from?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

thread title: "Another take? How about I just fuckin' shoot the both of ya?"

Aardvark pls i'm begging u

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Aardvark! posted:

Hollywood triggered over shooting star

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

waiting for a source for that....

there is no mention of the text from the image in the only posted article.

i think it might be a joke!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Aardvark pls i'm begging u

yes this