Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Wendigee posted:

waiting for a source for that....

there is no mention of the text from the image in the only posted article.

i think it might be a joke!

it definitely isn't a joke Wizard Master said thats not allowed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU

Sophy Wackles posted:

Why would there be a bullet in the barrel of a movie gun in the first place? Like, I thought blanks didn稚 have bullets.

dummy rounds have bullets

brandon lee died bc they fired off a dummy round (which stuck a bullet in the chamber)

then they shot a blank round from the same gun (no bullet, just powder and primer). ofc, the powder and primer propelled the already-stuck bullet into him.

im not really sure how a similar situation here wouldve killed the DP and then injured the director tho. shady af

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Sophy Wackles posted:

Why would there be a bullet in the barrel of a movie gun in the first place? Like, I thought blanks didn稚 have bullets.

It's not so much a bullet being in the chamber but rather an obstruction of some kind. Blanks still "fire" by producing energy that can cause an obstruction to fire like its an actual bullet.

The Crow had this happen with Brandon Lee where there was an obstruction in the chamber. Basically the crew removed gunpowder from live rounds to make "dummy" rounds not knowing the primer is still very much live. At some point the trigger was pulled and the primer fired with enough force to fire the bullet but not enough force for it to leave the chamber. Then when the firearm was loaded with actual blanks the energy produced caused the bullet to fire like it was a live round. There's a documentary on Netflix about "cursed films" where they re-created this incident and, yeah, it fired with the force of an actual bullet alright.

Justin Godscock fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Oct 22, 2021

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

when you say "dummy round" are you like referring to a round used on film to look real like on a table, but never be fired?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol thank you aardvark

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Sophy Wackles posted:

Again, just a hunch but it was probably what's called a 'squib load', which is any obstruction in the barrel up to and including a lodged bullet. A blank round still has enough powder in it to push out a projectile. This is exactly how Brandon Lee died; somehow during production a bullet was negligently discharged and lodged itself in the gun barrel. The armourer neglected to check down the barrel before the gun was re-loaded with blanks, and the blank had enough energy in it to finish pushing the bullet out.

E:F;B, but I'd also add another hunch (in my limited and rudimentary understanding of guns) that the blanks they were using were particularly 'hot', that is loaded with lots of powder, for the cosmetic effect of lots of sparks and smoke (it was a cowboy movie after all). Maybe this accounts for the bullet having enough energy to have hit two crew members.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Wendigee posted:

when you say "dummy round" are you like referring to a round used on film to look real like on a table, but never be fired?

Ideally it should be a round that is impossible to fire. Like no gunpowder or any kind of primer making it absolutely useless if it was loaded into a firearm. They are used for scenes where someone is loading a firearm or something.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol thank you aardvark

It's what the victims would have wanted.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

It's what the victims would have wanted.

:hai:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

not sure why the fake or "dummy" bullets would have a charge in them. if they didn't have a charge they couldn't put a "squib" round into the barrel that would somehow be fired by an underpowered blank cartridge.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Justin Godscock posted:

Ideally it should be a round that is impossible to fire. Like no gunpowder or any kind of primer making it absolutely useless if it was loaded into a firearm. They are used for scenes where someone is loading a firearm or something.

They saved the real bullets for the drinking scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBhYTERzDVE

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I'm switching my prayer power from people who refused to vaccinate and are on ventilators to people that found an actual recording of alec baldwin saying "How about I just fuckin' shoot the both of ya?"

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Pretty sure this was an episode of 30 Rock

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Twitter algo staying classy

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Andy Ngo if you are reading this the quote in the title is 100% true and you need to report on this ASAP... we got inside sources...

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
How about we call this the last shoot for the day guys?

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Traxis posted:

it definitely isn't a joke Wizard Master said thats not allowed

I知 just going to leave this here and then I知 done with this thread. Hope you manage to get some good jokes in though

https://twitter.com/adamegypt/status/1451372384208887813?s=21

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Aardvark! posted:

Andy Ngo if you are reading this the quote in the title is 100% true and you need to report on this ASAP... we got inside sources...

he will report that they died from a concrete milkshake

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
This thread title made me lol harder than anything in a week. Thank You.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Wizard Master posted:

I知 just going to leave this here and then I知 done with this thread. Hope you manage to get some good jokes in though

https://twitter.com/adamegypt/status/1451372384208887813?s=21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsQC8zZNzJE

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

yeah it sucks that an innocent person died, but on the other hand it's funny that alec baldwin murdered someone on a movie set :shrug:

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
what the gently caress? a movie should not be using a real gun, like, ever. there is no reason to do so.

prop guns do not fire, end of story.

why on earth were they using a real gun?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
It's a funny thread title. Life is chaos. gently caress now I feel bad for laughing screw you buddy.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

oh man I'm so tore up about this tragedy, better go to something awful dot com to read about it

god I really hope no one makes any tasteless jokes :ohdear:

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
i heard hollywood set people were striking so did alec just really not like scabs?

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

How did Brayden Lee die???

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Watch Shiwan Khan start a war over this

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Flowers for QAnon posted:

How did Brayden Lee die???

Very carefully lol

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Always Be Clappin

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

The Shadow knew

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
odd to think that Alec Baldwin has killed more people than Gary Busey, Randy Quaid and Charlie Sheen combined

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Next time Alec Baldwin says to put down coffee, you'll listen

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Too bad Connery wasn't there to tell him most things in here don't react too well to bullets.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Nicodemus Dumps posted:

Too bad Connery wasn't there to tell him most things in here don't react too well to bullets.

lol alec baldwin was such a wiener in that movie. undoubtedly that role helped scar him in to the twisted husk that took one life and nearly took another today

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRWmGD4vIOE

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
At least they didn't let alec baldwin use any blanks in that movie

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Droogie posted:

Hollywood triggered over shooting star

Lol

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Wizard Master posted:

speaking of parting shots,

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Wizard Master posted:

eat poo poo and go back to your regular haunts

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

If I was accidentally killed on camera while making a movie I would want it to be used in the final cut.