Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

MrQwerty posted:

lol i've posted this multiple times in this thread

so he could have saved someone's life but didn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

ben shapino posted:

I'm not sure that making hiring stipulations about a potential coworker that are discarded and deciding to not work with people you don't trust is how that works

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

any one of us could've stopped alec baldwin

where were you?

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

E. Revenant posted:

This image conveys just how hosed her practices were on the set.

-The marked round with the nickel primer is the live round. It's amazingly easy to spot and should have been checked just because it obviously doesn't belong.

-Dummies with indented primers and ones with smooth un-indented primers are mixed up. Only indented primer dummies should be loaded into guns. The cosmetic dummy flat primer rounds should never be in a gun because they are indistinguishable visually from live rounds.

-I can't find exact testimony but set rumor is that she would load that tray and rattle the entire thing to check for blanks. No one is going to hear the one silent live round out of all the other rattling ones.

Also we now have Dave Halls testimony from just before the killing. He's the Assistant Director who plead guilty for not checking the gun that was handed off.

-Gutierrez the armorer brought the gun unloaded to the church and Halls verified that it was an unloaded "cold gun".
-Gutierrez then loaded the gun after she had an unheard conversation with Baldwin.
-Gutierrez went back the Halls and rotated the cylinder a few times so Halls could check for depressed primers but he didn't count so he doesn't know how many he actually inspected.
-Halls declared it good and Gutierrez handed the gun to Baldwin

There was no reason for the gun to be loaded with dummies for a practice take. It will be interesting what comes out on why she or Baldwin decided to load the gun.

That’s all way too complicated and unnecessary. They could have used solid dummy rounds not made from real brass and primers for gods sake. That armorer is a complete loving idiot. It boggles the mind.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Bad Purchase posted:

where were you?

easier said than done

I'll tell you where I wasn't, littering the path of Alec Baldwin as he made his way to his next target

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

MrQwerty posted:

I'm not sure that making hiring stipulations about a potential coworker that are discarded and deciding to not work with people you don't trust is how that works

so you're saying even if he took the job she would have died? drat

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Big rear end On Fire posted:

They could have used solid dummy rounds not made from real brass and primers for gods sake.

oh yeah and how many western gun-shooty movies have you made?

maybe if you're making a wokestern for soy people, but us gun-shooty manly men know the difference and adding VFX smoke and recoil just doesn't look as dangerous

I demand actors and film crew handle live explosives for my entertainment

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

ben shapino posted:

ben shapino posted:

so you're saying even if he took the job she would have died? drat

A+ username/posts combo

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Bad Purchase posted:

where were you?

I’m a good guy but I don’t have a gun

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Bad Purchase posted:

where were you?

I've been cheering him on

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Bad Purchase posted:

where were you?

the only way to stop a bad man with Alec Baldwin is to have a good man with Stephen Baldwin

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
There were dummies on set, but it wasn't the ammunition.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

E. Revenant posted:

This image conveys just how hosed her practices were on the set.

-The marked round with the nickel primer is the live round. It's amazingly easy to spot and should have been checked just because it obviously doesn't belong.

-Dummies with indented primers and ones with smooth un-indented primers are mixed up. Only indented primer dummies should be loaded into guns. The cosmetic dummy flat primer rounds should never be in a gun because they are indistinguishable visually from live rounds.

-I can't find exact testimony but set rumor is that she would load that tray and rattle the entire thing to check for blanks. No one is going to hear the one silent live round out of all the other rattling ones.

Also we now have Dave Halls testimony from just before the killing. He's the Assistant Director who plead guilty for not checking the gun that was handed off.

-Gutierrez the armorer brought the gun unloaded to the church and Halls verified that it was an unloaded "cold gun".
-Gutierrez then loaded the gun after she had an unheard conversation with Baldwin.
-Gutierrez went back the Halls and rotated the cylinder a few times so Halls could check for depressed primers but he didn't count so he doesn't know how many he actually inspected.
-Halls declared it good and Gutierrez handed the gun to Baldwin

There was no reason for the gun to be loaded with dummies for a practice take. It will be interesting what comes out on why she or Baldwin decided to load the gun.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

he made the mistake of posting in GBS and regrets it because we didn't pull out our guns and try to gently caress them while he was prattling on about a bunch of stupid 'I am a gun expert' poo poo in a thread about making fun of Alec Baldwin in a forum where nobody takes anything seriously

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Malah
May 18, 2015

lol

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

he made the mistake of posting in GBS and regrets it because we didn't pull out our guns and try to gently caress them while he was prattling on about a bunch of stupid 'I am a gun expert' poo poo in a thread about making fun of Alec Baldwin in a forum where nobody takes anything seriously
Hmm. I don't think that's what happened, OP.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Contrast that to this example of an actually competent person showing how they create and handle dangerous props on a film set

https://youtu.be/4icFrd_o6cQ

They took more effort to make a fanny pack safe for the performers than the Rust armorer did for an actual gun

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

If I were the armorer on set I simply wouldn't have brought real bullets to the set

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

canyoneer posted:

Contrast that to this example of an actually competent person showing how they create and handle dangerous props on a film set

https://youtu.be/4icFrd_o6cQ

They took more effort to make a fanny pack safe for the performers than the Rust armorer did for an actual gun

I'm going to need a lot of post-it notes.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Toxic Mental posted:

If I were the armorer on set I simply wouldn't have brought real bullets to the set

nah, it can't be that easy.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

What if instead of real bullets they use fake ones did anyone bring up that salient point yet?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Its extra stupid when you look at movies like John Wick, which didn't use a single real gun. I'm sure adding VFX was more expensive then hiring someone's daughter to do the bare minimum of safety, though

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

The bare minimum of safety would have been-

Toxic Mental posted:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Toxic Mental posted:

I'm sure the director of 1986's Three Amigos would never allow such unsafe practices on his film sets!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Bad Purchase posted:

where were you?

There was no way to stop Alec Baldwin during this tragedy. Even if you ran into his path, wrestled the gun out of his hands and knocked him to the ground, he would handspring away and deploy a second bigger gun he was concealing down his strangely bulging sleeve and curve the bullets to hit the actor, the key grip, the best boy, the worst girl and the runners all at once before maniacally Yosemite Samming away in a hailstorm of firepower

Even after his departure when the medical response staff have gone to check the pulse and put their ear to the deceased's chest the chaos won't stop as their strangely twitching bodies will erupt into a hail of new and renewed gunfire as the live rounds nestling inside their habitat grow furious at the commotion and burst free, whizzing in every direction in a crimson frenzy, tiny Alec faces where there should be the smooth curve of a bullet

Then comes the sound of thousands of high velocity bees shattering everything in their path before sequestering themselves away in the snug chambers of the prancing Alec's 10ft tall by 6ft wide comically ridiculous two thousand chambered revolver, which he'll then blow the smokestack of gunsmoke off the end of the barrel before tucking it away in a tiny holster

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

canyoneer posted:

I'm sure the director of 1986's Three Amigos would never allow such unsafe practices on his film sets!

You're in a lot of trouble, mister

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

A simple substitution of bullets with bull tits would have avoided this horrible situation.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Songbearer posted:

There was no way to stop Alec Baldwin during this tragedy. Even if you ran into his path, wrestled the gun out of his hands and knocked him to the ground, he would handspring away and deploy a second bigger gun he was concealing down his strangely bulging sleeve and curve the bullets to hit the actor, the key grip, the best boy, the worst girl and the runners all at once before maniacally Yosemite Samming away in a hailstorm of firepower

Even after his departure when the medical response staff have gone to check the pulse and put their ear to the deceased's chest the chaos won't stop as their strangely twitching bodies will erupt into a hail of new and renewed gunfire as the live rounds nestling inside their habitat grow furious at the commotion and burst free, whizzing in every direction in a crimson frenzy, tiny Alec faces where there should be the smooth curve of a bullet

Then comes the sound of thousands of high velocity bees shattering everything in their path before sequestering themselves away in the snug chambers of the prancing Alec's 10ft tall by 6ft wide comically ridiculous two thousand chambered revolver, which he'll then blow the smokestack of gunsmoke off the end of the barrel before tucking it away in a tiny holster
:discourse:

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

canyoneer posted:

Three Amigos is wall to wall poultry in peril. Somebody decided every scene needed cickens narrowly avoiding getting stomped by horses.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

My little buttercup, has the sweetest: e-smile! e-smile!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Ralph Hurley posted:

Three Amigos is wall to wall poultry in peril. Somebody decided every scene needed cickens narrowly avoiding getting stomped by horses.

i heard some of the chickens actually died and to this day their spirits haunt the filming location as poultrygeists

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

What if instead of real bullets they use fake ones did anyone bring up that salient point yet?

i read an old Popular Mechanics article that gave a tutorial on how to make wax bullets so you could do target practice in your suburban basement without angering the neighbors.

...I don't think it was the bullets that were making them mad, so much as the constant sound of gunfire.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Rad-daddio posted:

i read an old Popular Mechanics article that gave a tutorial on how to make wax bullets so you could do target practice in your suburban basement without angering the neighbors.

...I don't think it was the bullets that were making them mad, so much as the constant sound of gunfire.

Yeah but nobody dares complain about the neighbor with the execution basement

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Armorer got 18 months.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/15/entertainment/rust-film-shooting-armorer-sentencing/index.html

Bonus
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/rust-hannah-gutierrez-reed-called-jurors-idiots-rcna147746

quote:

The filing also notes that Gutierrez-Reed has another felony charge pending for allegedly hiding a firearm from security at a New Mexico bar and sneaking it into the venue. The filing says, “Upon successfully circumventing the security at the bar she went into the restroom and made a selfie video stating ‘They checked my purse but they didn’t cheek my butt cheeks! Wah, wah, wah.’”

quote:

Prosecutors said they offered Baldwin a “very favorable plea agreement,” similar to what David Halls got, but rescinded the offer after learning that Baldwin planned to accept the deal and create a documentary with interviews from case witnesses.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Baldwin's gonna Bald-win

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

C.M. Kruger posted:

quote:

The filing also notes that Gutierrez-Reed has another felony charge pending for allegedly hiding a firearm from security at a New Mexico bar and sneaking it into the venue. The filing says, “Upon successfully circumventing the security at the bar she went into the restroom and made a selfie video stating ‘They checked my purse but they didn’t cheek my butt cheeks! Wah, wah, wah.’”

lmao I'm glad she's locked up

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 16, 2024

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

quote:

‘They checked my purse but they didn’t cheek my butt cheeks! Wah, wah, wah.’”

Thread title, lol.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Thread title, lol.

Rad-daddio