Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

frumpykvetchbot posted:

the producer douche bro who grabbed a random gun from the armorer's abandoned cart and declared it COLD GUN as culpable as the armorer. IMO the only fair outcome of this trial is that these two individuals have to duel with period revolvers and the first one injured or dead was the guilty one.

Baldwin and other producers were actively mocking and fighting the crew who wanted safer conditions. By the Hammurabi code it is clear what must be done. Until an exec or producer life is claimed in return, there is no justice. Baldwin is the best choice because we already have 30 rock and don't need him for anything anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

FoolyCharged posted:

It's really upsetting to me that this aspect of the accident got so little attention legally. The only one of those chuckleheads they went after was Baldwin, and even then, it was for being the trigger man. Absolutely nothing on the blatant negligence

Yeah it's really annoying because so many people actively worked to make something tragic like this occur. They even made t shirts making fun of the crew! Seems like an easy headline, " cruel producers mock workers until one dies."

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

What he definitely did and should not have done was:
- Make T Shirts mocking crews demands for better treatment and safety.
- Create unsafe and dangerous working conditions
Doing any one of those means you're culpable for whatever wrongful death occurs.
- Existing as a person with too much money while doing the above.

He would be responsible for this death even if he didn't pull the trigger.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Nothing you can do about it? Staff an Oracle or priestess of the Moon to purify the weapon

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Mister Speaker posted:

Not sure how I feel about how short a sentence she's getting. I mean I guess she'll never work again which is fantastic but still I feel like that's pretty light for what is basically criminal negligence causing death.

Punishing her more or less harshly seems pointless if all the cartoonishly greedy execs who were mocking the person they had killed through malicious negligence are left untouched. Maybe they didn't actively want to murder this person, who can say what those devoid of humanity think of other people, but they certainly did not want to raise a pinky or spend a penny to take bare minimum precautions so someone isn't killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I must have missed the greedy execs laughing at the dead cinematographer. Can some one link this?

I'm talking about the tee shirts they had made to mock the crews requests for better treatment. They thought stuff the workers wanted was hilarious enough to mock, they demonstrably thought very little of these people and someone died about it.