Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Lolie posted:

We do know that there had been problems with the gun, which invites the question of why it wasn't replaced.

I don't think there was anything mechanically wrong with the gun. The problem was with the people handling it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

PinheadSlim posted:

There are some cases, in a handful of cheap modern pistols and antique revolvers. Modern revolvers and reproductions of antiques absolutely do not fire themselves and Alex is 1,000% in denial.

The only modern firearm known to fire itself is the Remington '700' rifle, and even that requires you to actuate the safety.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I believe him that he didn't deliberately pull the trigger, and probably has no memory of the trigger being pulled. But 99% chance that it was.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

and how are they supposed to film the shootout scene in heat where val kilmer unloads and then reloads with breathtaking aplomb if you can’t be pointing guns at folks on set, come on people, get a freakin clue here

Surely America, gun culture capital of the world, is up to the task of inventing fake guns.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

E. Revenant posted:

There was no reason for the gun to be loaded with dummies for a practice take.

Good thing it wasn’t then I guess?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I meant it wasn’t loaded with dummies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

canyoneer posted:

Contrast that to this example of an actually competent person showing how they create and handle dangerous props on a film set

https://youtu.be/4icFrd_o6cQ

They took more effort to make a fanny pack safe for the performers than the Rust armorer did for an actual gun

I'm going to need a lot of post-it notes.