Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Trillhouse posted:

what a horrible tragedy. jeeze. somebody hosed up real bad, and i'm not even sure it was alec baldwin. prop master has some explaining to do

Yeah, negligence on the part of the prop master seems the most likely. The only reason I would think otherwise is because Baldwin has a long history of being loving crazy both on and off set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

The producers, which includes Alec Baldwin, chose to ignore repeated concerns about gun safety from the crew and decided that it was ok to cut corners and that their money was more important than having a safe set. Now a person is dead because of it. He and the rest of the higher-ups are totally at fault for having an unsafe set and allowing it to continue. The fact that he was the one who pulled the trigger isn't really relevant, it could have been anyone and it would still be the producers fault.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

punishedkissinger posted:

i have also specifically said i dont think Baldwin is criminally culpable or anything. I just think he's an rear end in a top hat who helped create the dangerous situation. I dont get how that makes me blood-thirsty.

But he didn't mean to and he probably feels really bad about it! I don't know if this is a John Landis and the Twilight Zone situation where he was also breaking a bunch of laws, or if this was all technically legal but obviously dangerous and a bad idea. Either way, if you help to create a dangerous situation that goes against established practices and let it continue despite concerns and then something bad happens as a result of it, then yeah you are at least partially at fault and should be held responsible. Doesn't matter how bad you feel about it.