Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Mister Speaker posted:

Usually there are multiple safety precautions taken, like plexi screens in front of crew and having a set armourer actually making sure the gun is safe before firing. I bet this was a squib load (a bullet lodged in the barrel) like what happened to Brandon Lee, and the storyboard called for an unfortunate take of Baldwin's character shooting directly at the camera.

Why would there be a bullet in the barrel of a movie gun in the first place? Like, I thought blanks didn’t have bullets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

I’m a scab armorer. You got a nasty scab on your body, I’ll fit it for a suit of tiny armor!

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

This is now all sounding suspicious af if the reporting is true about the gun being loaded with live ammo and placed on the cart unattended. And right before that particular scene.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

I ordered the t-shirt to wear ironically.

:synpa:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Bad Purchase posted:

. we should return to reading these stories in print and use the power of our own imaginations to produce imagery and characters more fantastical and thrilling than could ever be captured on a medium as lifeless as film.

I agree, film is poison for the mind.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Would a suit of armor stop a bullet??

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Just scrap Rust and make a murder mystery about this imo. Alec baldwin will be played by one of the other baldwin brothers.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

It’s important to do DNA testing on used panties you buy to confirm authenticity.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Splorange posted:

he's a psychopath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Klyith posted:

That the actors are shown the safety check during a standard procedure does not mean that it is the actor's responsibility to see that the safety check is done.

Alec the Actor is not responsible for gun safety or insuring safety checks. Alec the Producer may be responsible for having a lovely set with unprofessional and unsafe people, depending on whether his producer title meant.

It’s not like this is his first movie with prop guns and safety procedures on set. If he knows all kinds of normal safety procedures are being skipped, then he takes a gun and starts playing with it (including pulling the trigger) he probably does have some responsibility for what happened imo.