Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Droogie posted:

Hollywood triggered over shooting star

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Odddzy posted:

Care to explain the joke or is your soul so tainted by irony that you can't even make the difference between both?

Lmao

Is soul tainted by irony too long for a un?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Not being Alec is probably pretty poo poo too tbf

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Schweinhund posted:

And he made Blues Brothers 2000.

His most heinous crime

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

My that month went by quickly

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Did you know he was a CO-WRITER!?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

jb dix would be furious over that level of carelessness from an armorer

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

StrangersInTheNight posted:

The director who killed the PA on the set of Midnight Rider in 2014 by having them shoot on actual active train tracks, is not in jail and still allowed to direct films as long as he isn't in charge of safety, so I dunno what to tell you, that guy killed someone and still makin' movies lol

Sarah Jones was her name, and he's Randall Miller, if you're curious

That story is loving gnarly, Jesus christ.

quote:

From shore, several dozen yards away, a voice shouted to the crew that in the event a train appeared, everyone would have 60 seconds to clear the tracks. “Everybody on the crew was tripping over that,” says Gilliard. “A minute? Are you serious?” By now, she and two other crewmembers were nervous enough that before shooting, they gathered in an informal prayer circle. “Lord, please protect us on these tracks,” murmured Gilliard. “Surround us with your angels and help us, Lord.”

While Gilliard prayed, Jones helped load film, monitor the cameras and transport gear. A fresh-faced South Carolinian with a passion for travel and books, Jones wasn’t really the type to fret much. The crew was filming a dream sequence, and they had placed a twin-size metal-framed bed and mattress in the middle of the tracks. Then, Gilliard looked up and saw a light in the distance, followed by the immense howl of a locomotive. It was a train — and it was hurtling toward them.

VIDEO: ‘Midnight Rider’ Victim Sarah Jones Remembered on Oscars Broadcast

Two stories high, screaming with the sound of a blast horn and possibly brakes, the train was nearly as wide as the trestle. Gilliard says Miller yelled at everyone to run. Jones, several bags slung over each shoulder, shouted something about what to do with the expensive camera equipment. “Drop it!” Gilliard and others yelled. “Just drop it!”

The only viable escape route to the closest shore lay in running toward the approaching train, now traveling, by one estimate, at almost 60 mph. Gilliard tried to make her way onto the metal gangplank parallel to the tracks. Miller and another crewmember began tugging at the bed, trying to remove it from the train’s path, fearing it might cause a derailment. But as the train approached, Gilliard says, they abandoned their efforts.

Before Gilliard knew it, the train was upon her. She found herself clinging to one of the girders. But the blast of pressure and wind from the train’s passing ripped Gilliard’s left arm away from her body and straight into the train. It snapped like a stick. With one hand still on the girder, Gilliard looked down and saw bone sticking out of her sweater. And then she saw blood. She grabbed a sheet that had come loose from the mattress and wrapped her bleeding arm inside it. With the train howling past just inches behind her, Gilliard threw herself onto two metal wires that stretched between the girders and along the gangplank, thrust her head out over the river below and shut her eyes. “I saw my life, my kids, my family, all of it before me,” she says. “I was sure I was going to die.”

One of the first things she saw when she opened her eyes again was a lifeless Jones, her body and face mangled. Like Gilliard, Jones had tried to find shelter on the gangplank. But when the train hit the bed and mattress, it sent debris flying. Something may have hit Jones, possibly propelling her into the train’s path

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

It's so loving weird the way people are trying to hang Baldwin for this. He's an actor, and also he financed the film, he has absolutely no role in management. I think people mistakenly believe that a producer actually manages production which is a fair mistake I guess.

Ah but did you consider he might also have a writing credit!?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

pretty soft girl posted:

I dressed as the crow for a Halloween 5k this year and someone in the crowd shouted "sorry you got shot on set" which would have seemed very tasteless even before this happened

If you're that sensitive one might say the costume itself is pretty tasteless, no?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

A crew member trying to break down the set got bitten by a non-union brown recluse, got sepsis and may lose an arm. Nice job Alec Baldwin

Lol

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

Agreed. Better to horrify audiences than exploit children.

:wtc:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

He was doing a scab shoot after the camera crew had walked out in protest over, among other things, the previous misfire incidents.

At that point I really don't think anyone can reasonably claim they didn't know there was something wrong.

Yeah that's a super bad look

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Baldwin was one of the paypigs

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

dr_rat posted:

He was on set and an executive, paypig or not. He knew the situation, had power to change it, and did not. Even if he's not found to be legally capable in anyway, yeah that was definitely morally not great.

Uh, that wasn't meant in defense of him

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

je1 healthcare posted:

What a clownshow.

Lol jesus christ

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

kntfkr posted:

Being an actor doesn't excuse first degree murdering an unarmed mother of two.

Man that was some malicious plan, diabolical really

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Vampire Panties posted:

Rich kids kill more people driving drunk and see zero jail time. I'm sad that person is dead, and its dumb and preventable, but I dunno that justice is being served here.

Seems like your point is kinda scattershot

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

E. Revenant posted:

Yet another reminder that Management will only look out for itself or their higher ups. When a manager tells you to let a security or safely protocol slide they are not the one at risk physically or professionally, it's always the the workers that get harmed when things go wrong.

She wasn't hired as a bad armorer she was a unqualified armorer and it was the Management dictates that made her into a bad armorer. Corporate culture can never do jail time, only the workers following disastrous orders pay that price in jail or injury.

Lol that's a really stupid take for this situation.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

E. Revenant posted:

gently caress is the modern internet trash. I can't find ANY text news that goes into detail on what was said in the trial. Yet I can find all kinds of 20 min to 1 hour long youtube videos that pad out 10 min worth of material.

Anyways, I'm coming to the conclusion that Gutierrez might actually have been so unbelievably incompetent that she never rattle tested the rounds that she was responsible for. Whether the lethal rounds came from the supplier or someone smuggled them on set she still never found them. The lethal rounds were scattered into multiple locations and were distinct with nickel coated primers. There is photo evidence of her with the lethal rounds at least a day before the killing. If she had done her job and just found one by routine testing then it would have been easy to find all of them and prevent the tragedy.

Ultimately we might never know where the live rounds came from because it didn't matter for the trial. Lethal rounds were on set and she didn't do anything to prevent them from being there. That's all on her and that alone was enough to convict.

My earlier statement is still true Production didn't want to pay for competence and Management didn't want to follow strict controls and both got their wishes. She is not an innocent scapegoat but there is still responsibly left over for running that mess of a set.

Lmao

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

ben shapino posted:

so he could have saved someone's life but didn't

ben shapino posted:

so you're saying even if he took the job she would have died? drat

A+ username/posts combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

Good. He self-evidently didn’t do enough to instill in her that guns are not loving toys, and now a woman’s dead and his daughter’s life is probably ruined at only her mid-20’s because of it.

Lol she'll be out before 30, it's a slap on the wrist for what she did.

You could tell the judge was choked they couldn't drop the hammer harder.