Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

They’d been plinking

https://www.thewrap.com/halyna-hutchins-live-ammo-target-practice/

quote:

The gun that killed “Rust” cinematographer Halyna Hutchins last Thursday was used by crew members that morning for live-ammunition target practice, an individual with knowledge of the set told TheWrap. 

A number of crew members had taken prop guns from the New Mexico set of the indie Western — including the gun that killed Hutchins — to go “plinking,” a hobby in which people shoot at beer cans with live ammunition to pass the time, the insider said.

The shooting happened just a few hours later, when lead actor and producer Alec Baldwin discharged a revolver after first assistant director David Halls confirmed that it was a “cold gun,” meaning that the gun did not have any live ammunition in it. 

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Two of the producers were literally frauds who previously stole $40,000 from a production to pay for their credit card bills

https://trib.al/8OcAq9I

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Hutchins’ husband settled the case and is now an EP on the movie, which is resuming filming. What a joke lol.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

My guess is they might have had a good chunk of the movie made already and they sold him some spiel like it’s your wife’s last creative work and the movie would be a way to honor her.

And they threw a bunch of cash his way.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I don’t think they’re gonna get him on this. It’ll be a big fuckin stretch.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The quote is not real. It’s been a while since this thing happened and I had to remind myself by googling.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

smoobles posted:

it's wild to me that they are finishing and releasing Rust. nobody gives a poo poo about that movie.

the cinematographer is watching from heaven and weeping that her legacy is this lovely low budget western.
Her husband agreed to it in exchange for presumably some money and also a producer credit if I recall correctly. Pretty gross.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Big rear end On Fire posted:

Seems like she rode her dad's coattails into the industry and is one of those people who thinks that's good enough while being woefully unqualified and unprofessional.
I mean that’s like a massive chunk of the industry right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

If anything this exonerates Baldwin and the armorer person and the entire production. When you get a cursed gun there’s nothing you can really do about it.