Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

subcontracting the panty-wearing component of my used panty business to a couple guys I picked up at the gas station

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Schweinhund posted:

I feel like "findom" is supposed to be what you call it behind the customer's back, and not actually tell them that's what you're doing. It's like if you tell people you want them to invest in your ponzi scheme.

suboptimal maybe but totally workable

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

isn't the whole point that you're paying them to not gently caress you tho

so more like a very debatably less embarrassing way of getting shot down by women, for a fee

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

first Havana Syndrome fatality confirmed

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Rad-daddio posted:

This is just speculation, but would it be possible to catch the hammer on a single-action revolver on clothing while quick drawing it and cause it to snap back with enough force to fire a round?

That would sort of track with his claim that he didn't pull the trigger, and also the description of the scene the was practicing for.

Not unless it's been specifically hosed with to turn it into an unsafe murder weapon that goes off whenever anything touches the hammer, no

A significantly worn-out original 1800s revolver without any modern safety features could possibly go off if you cocked it then threw it down on concrete or something hard enough, but I'm pretty sure even noted ultrarich killer Alec Baldwin wouldn't do that to a gun that costs literally a million dollars unless that too was part of his plan to commit the perfect murder

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Dec 2, 2021

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Salt Fish posted:

Its a wild west movie right? Obviously they're using old-timey revolvers and the protagonist is pointing a gun at the camera and pulling back the hammer. "Make my day..." I'm sure you can picture it. Anyway, your thumb slips off the hammer, it slams down, gun goes off without pulling the trigger.

This was such a problem with revolvers that the first ones that fixed the issue used to be called "safety revolvers".

These were invented around 1900 and the feature that prevents the hammer from falling and hitting the firing pin wasn't universal until sometime 1910s or 1920s even.

A wild west film is probably set in 1880s or 1890s? So a proper "replica" wouldn't have the feature. Why that would be the case gently caress if I know, but at least you can imagine a situation where you don't have to pull the trigger to have a revolver go off.

edit: that feature wasn't universal until after WW2 lol.. well turns out it took a while to figure out you shouldn't make a gun that shoots when you drop it.

no

Modern (anything post-1920s) replicas look externally exactly like the originals but have modern trigger safeties, because replica manufacturers are not as stupid as internet theoreticians operating with only the knowledge that whatever Alec Baldwin says must be true. You would have to either have a gunsmith go in there and gently caress up the sear specifically to render the gun unsafe (because again it looks and feels identical until you take it apart) or pay the equivalent of a nice house for an actual 1800s antique that looks about the same as a safe ~$300 replica.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Dec 2, 2021

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

that specific scenario would require not a cascade of fuckups but actual malicious intent

the more straightforward"Alec did not pull the trigger" scenario would be that the film crew union hired a sniper to shoot the trigger from a grassy knoll just as he brandished it at his victims

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Bad Purchase posted:

at the exact moment of the quickdraw our reality came in close alignment with the mirrorverse, allowing the alec who pulled the trigger to trade places with innocent 0mirror-alec. you can tell because the alec seen on set the day of the shooting had a full beard, and the alec in the recent interview has no beard.

Hate when that happens

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

How deeply baked is the "don't even touch any gun you haven't seen be verified right in front of you" procedure? I got the impression it was some universal contract or OSHA-level rule that meant you would be culpable for any consequences even if you were in a That One Hitman Level scenario.

I'm the OSHA inspector for guns, my job is to determine when it's safe to point a real working gun at someone and pull the trigger, AMA

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Sep 27, 2022

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Rad-daddio posted:

This seems like such a paradox. I read a story from a guy who was working as a grip (I think), and he recalled a time where he moved an extension cord that was taped down to the floor, and it stalled production for two hours because the cord had been taped down by a union employee from the set and it had to all be redone and the grip nearly got fired for it.

why do you think the unions go so hard on the poo poo they can affect

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

"I didn't pull the trigger when the gun fired" is the "I didn't inhale" of the 2020s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Rad-daddio posted:

i read an old Popular Mechanics article that gave a tutorial on how to make wax bullets so you could do target practice in your suburban basement without angering the neighbors.

...I don't think it was the bullets that were making them mad, so much as the constant sound of gunfire.

Yeah but nobody dares complain about the neighbor with the execution basement