Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Facebook Aunt posted:

One of the reasons they hire young unexperienced or unqualified workers for a job is because they are easy to push around.

quote:

I'm 22 years young. Ready for another year of draining mens wallets. Which piggies are going to contribute to my birthday shenanigans? @slavekane #findom #paypiggieswanted #submit #drain #domme

https://archive.md/gBx2p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

He's really going for the oscar this year

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I think it tends to work the opposite way! Showing remorse can get you off more often than insisting you feel nothing, because whether you feel responsible for the death or not has no bearing on whether it's considered a wrongful death, but can affect how much they hit you for in the judgement.

Yes, but showing remorse only helps in the event of making a plea deal, otherwise it can be used in court against you. If he admits to feeling guilt about the previous incidents on set he's admitting to being aware of the ongoing safety issues.

No idea what's he's thinking by doing this interview, but if I accidentally killed a coworker I might be a little broke-brained for a while. There's been one or two times where I missed a safety step at work resulting in a near-accident, and felt lovely about it for weeks.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
I'm a Boss, baby.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

quote:

Gutierrez Reed transferred narcotics to another person “with the intent to prevent the apprehension, prosecution or conviction of herself,” the amended complaint says.

In response to the amended complaint, Gutierrez Reed’s attorney, Jason Bowles said in his motion to dismiss he was inadvertently copied on an email from the prosecution’s lead investigator Robert Shilling

“The conduct of the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office during and after their initial investigation is reprehensible and unprofessional to a degree I still have no words for,” he said in the email dated June 20. “Not I or 200 more proficient investigators than I can/could clean up the mess delivered to your office in October 2022 (1 year since the initial incident…inexcusable).”

The email was sent to Bowles in error, Special Prosecutor Kari Morrissey said in an email 38 minutes later. “It was an inadvertent disclosure. Please delete it,” she wrote.

What a clownshow.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Icochet posted:

Tricking a millionaire to shoot less wealthy people is hardcore findom by proxy

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Big rear end On Fire posted:

It's a movie set. People have different jobs. The armorer has the job of ensuring the props are safe to use. No way is this on the actor. They don't know what is real or fake, safe or dangerous.

If it had been a physical stunt where one actor falls onto another with a stunt coordinator arranging it all and something went wrong you'd not hold the falling actor responsible. You'd look to the stunt team for who screwed up.

Baldwin as a producer might be liable for other failings but as an actor it's not his job to understand if the gun he's holding has real cartridges or props. Hell, he probably didn't even know it was an actual firearm. I don't even understand why he was charged at all.

To clarify, he 100% knew it was a real gun and that there were real bullets on the set, because the armorer and other crew members were loving around with it and using it for target practice out back.

There were also two accidental discharges in the days leading up to it which is partially what resulted in the crew members walking off that morning

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/movies/2021/10/22/alec-baldwin-rust-safety-complaints-before-death-reports/6141302001/

Also lol that the company is called Rust Movie Productions LLC.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Big rear end On Fire posted:

Was he present when they were using it for target practice? Did he know it was the same gun? Was it the same gun? Also that article says it had "misfires". Misfires in shooting terms means the trigger was pulled but the cartridge did not fire. That tells me that someone pulled the trigger of the gun expecting a report and didn't get one. That's a major screwup but not the same thing as an accidental discharge.

It'd be impossible for them to shoot cans out back without everyone on set hearing it, unless they were like 3 miles away. Also the prior on-set misfires that the crew complained about were in fact accidental discharges:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2021-10-22/alec-baldwin-rust-camera-crew-walked-off-set

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

sure okay posted:

He lied about not pulling the trigger. Was adamant about it, in fact, and the feds managed to prove otherwise.

Feds don't like it when you lie to them!

Then again the crew could say that the trigger wasn't pulled for the other accidental discharges either which would bolster claims that it was worn or defective

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

LuckyCat posted:

I think she should give up on armorer altogether and take up the gathering professions, like mining and herbalism.

There's always findom as a fallback

When you think about it paying a woman to get your film tied up in union walkouts and wrongful death suits is the ultimate findom